Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It's okay to err, my friend.

Whaddya say, @Thunderfinger?

It is ok for some.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Of course Aidan Turner looks somewhat similar to Sean Connery.

Just look at this picture, are you people blind or just unable to admit it that he is the Connery type...

full.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He's alright, I suppose... But, he comes nowhere close have the it factor Connery has. Nowhere near that.
    He's alright, I suppose... But, he comes nowhere close have the it factor Connery has. Nowhere near that.

No one does. Of course. That's not what I was implying.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,690
    These 3 actors , pictured in 2015/2016, look like proper James Bond's. None of the endless candidates I have seen look remotely as Bondian as them. Until such person is found, one of the 3 actors below should be Bond for as long as it takes to find a proper Bondian actor.

Timothy-Dalton.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-02-15-at-10.35.55.jpg

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Hard to believe that Dalton and Brosnan are 72 and 63, respectively. They look superb.
    Dalton easily could have been Bond up to 2002 or even up to 2012.
    Brosnan easily could have been Bond from 1995 to 2012 or even today.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is Dalton 70 or 72? There's been some major confusion over the past few years.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Is Dalton 70 or 72? There's been some major confusion over the past few years.

If he does Bond 25 no-one will care which is the correct age :D
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Just noticed that. Wiki has him at 72 with IMDB at 70. Never realised there was confusion over it before. Either way, he looks bloody great
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Again, I'd like a return to the classic look. These recent photos of past actors only serves to confirm that desire.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    These 3 actors , pictured in 2015/2016, look like proper James Bond's. None of the endless candidates I have seen look remotely as Bondian as them. Until such person is found, one of the 3 actors below should be Bond for as long as it takes to find a proper Bondian actor.

Timothy-Dalton.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

I wish Dalton had had the talent working with him as Craig has or even Brosnan had. I wish Brosnan had found his Bond way before DAD. And I wish Mendes had never met or heard of Logan.

Timothy-Dalton.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Well, said. I couldn't agree more.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Breaking news! Stop the press! Hold the front page!

Actor Sam Heughan is second favourite to play Bond after Daniel Craig!

Sam's mother told the press "no, I haven't heard of Sam neither."

:P

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/outlander-sam-heughan-3.jpg

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2016 Posts: 16,330
    If Daniel doesn't return for the next one, l think Jamie Bamber would be good for the role. He looks a lot like a young Roger Moore in this picture. Probably too late now since he's 43.
    q28YLl6m.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The perfect bridge between Connery and Dalton. (Just needs the right hair)

poldark-t.jpg
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    (:| ~O) ...morning. Did I miss anything? Nope.
  • AWMAWM
    MICHAEL FASSBENDER: I WILL NEVER BE JAMES BOND
    http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/michael-fassbender
    I won't be surprised when none of these among the listed will never come anywhere near Bond. ;)
    I won't be surprised when none of these among the listed will never come anywhere near Bond. ;)

Even after everything they get wrong constantly, I place a little more faith in them than that. ;)

Even after everything they get wrong constantly, I place a little more faith in them than that. ;)
    Only time will tell. ;)
    Turner looks like Che Guevara btw.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Nothing a quick trim and shave wouldn't sort out. Craig looks like a white van man, hasn't stopped him.
    wmcdonbb wrote: »

Nothing a quick trim and shave wouldn't sort out. Craig looks like a white van man, hasn't stopped him.

Didn't saw it stopped him. Just that I kept thinking Turner reminds me of someone and finally figured it out.

Che was not a bad looking revolutionary... better than most.

edited November 2016 Posts: 8,087
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    wmcdonbb wrote: »

Didn't saw it stopped him. Just that I kept thinking Turner reminds me of someone and finally figured it out.

Che was not a bad looking revolutionary... better than most.

Yes, and Aidans impact of the franchise will also be revolutionary. ;)
    Let me say this

DALTON RULEZ™
    AIDAN TURNER WILL RULE™

After seeing the first season of Poldark how can there be any doubt that he would be perfect. And it's almost eery how he channels Connery every so often.
    Let me say this

DALTON RULEZ™
    AIDAN TURNER WILL RULE™

After seeing the first season of Poldark how can there be any doubt that he would be perfect. And it's almost eery how he channels Connery every so often.

Yes, and I don't even think hes aware of it. He's not "pulling a Connery" per se, he just happens to exhibit a lot of the same machismo and cool charm of a young Sean. Not to mention they look almost identical.

bond-aidan-turner.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Turner looks like he should be playing Tanner or some Patrice like Villain. Not Bond.
    But like Mathis says, sooner or later the heroes and the villains get all mixed up. Turner makes sense in this context, once you've read the CR novel.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Turner looks like he should be playing Tanner or some Patrice like Villain. Not Bond.

The same was said about Craig back then, he looked like a thug.
    Turner on the other hand already looks like a young James Bond, the kind that should have been cast in 2005.