Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    NicNac wrote: »
    Yes he's ok.
    And he's too thuggish for Bond. It would be nice if the thuggish Bond could be left behind in the Craig era.

It's quite important that each actor reinvent the character to avoid staleness setting in.

True. But in trying to get so far away from what went before, to be different, at what point is it so different that it is no longer Bond?
    Exactly. There's nothing left to differentiate from Bond unless it's no longer Bond what we're aiming for. I think back to the traditional side of the character and series will be what to do and is for the best.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes he's ok.
    And he's too thuggish for Bond. It would be nice if the thuggish Bond could be left behind in the Craig era.

It's quite important that each actor reinvent the character to avoid staleness setting in.

True. But in trying to get so far away from what went before, to be different, at what point is it so different that it is no longer Bond?

It happened once. You may be too young to remember the 90s.
    Yes he's ok.

False. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Yes he's ok.

Yes, I remember the 1890's clearly, thank you very much. Good times.... good times.
    Hardy can be refined...watch INCEPTION peeps...everything about him is Bond ..and he is only 1" shorter than Craig,come on !
    It's a neverending debate.
    Keeps us interested until EON bloody well do something !!!
    Have a look at Chris Vance while you can. So far, he's my suggestion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54lxei
    He looks to old....and again,no Bond-factor...
    Doesn't look too old to me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

That is the first time in which I have seen Vance in anything. He kinda has that rough diamond quality to him, not 100% smooth, though not 100% rough. He also looks a believable age to have held the rank of Cmdr before being drafted into MI6.

That is the first time in which I have seen Vance in anything. He kinda has that rough diamond quality to him, not 100% smooth, though not 100% rough. He also looks a believable age to have held the rank of Cmdr before being drafted into MI6.
    Exactly, Major. He does have the Commander rank in that episode.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894

The only problem I can see with his casting, is that in these days of 3 (or Fleming forbid, 4) years gaps between films, would EON cast an actor who is a mere 3 years younger than the previous actor? If they could scale back the films to be more like spy thrillers (something I would like), and get back to 2 year gaps, Vance could have a chance.

The only problem I can see with his casting, is that in these days of 3 (or Fleming forbid, 4) years gaps between films, would EON cast an actor who is a mere 3 years younger than the previous actor?
    You never know, Mendes claims they've sought for taking a different direction with the next one. That might very well be that thing. And besides, Chris Vance isn't pursuing "artistic" career like Craig is doing now. He's been typecast before. Mostly in TV medium. He doesn't have much filmography in his belt.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

He looks like Harvey Keitel. maybe he could do a Pulp Fiction prequel, THE WOLF!
    ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes he's ok.

Yes, I remember the 1890's clearly, thank you very much. Good times.... good times.

Did you know Sherloch Holmes?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894
    Yes he's ok.

Did you know Sherloch Holmes?

Sherloch Holmes is the Scottish cousin of Sherlock but I did know him. I taught him everything, even how to J-Turn a Penny farthing.

The only problem I can see with his casting, is that in these days of 3 (or Fleming forbid, 4) years gaps between films, would EON cast an actor who is a mere 3 years younger than the previous actor?
    You never know, Mendes claims they've sought for taking a different direction with the next one. That might very well be that thing. And besides, Chris Vance isn't pursuing "artistic" career like Craig is doing now. He's been typecast before. Mostly in TV medium. He doesn't have much filmography in his belt.

If EON can have Bond #25 out for a 2018 release, then every two years after that, Vance might be good for 3-4 films.
    Oh God....you lot are serious about Vance arnt you...bloody hell.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It's called differing tastes. I'm not slightly excited about Hardy, either.

It's exactly why this is a neverending debate.
    It's called differing tastes. I'm not slightly excited about Hardy, either.

It's exactly why this is a neverending debate.

True...good fun though....

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    You have to admit, Turner looks great in a suit!

Aidan%2BNTA%2Bred%2Bcarpet%2Bffa.jpg
    See? Everyone is an ambassador for a different actor.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We need this actor for B26. ;)
    HlvzogYl.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    We need this actor for B26. ;)
    HlvzogYl.jpg
    @Murdock, that's a winner.
    Not BOND25 ? and Turner has ladies hands....
    Fassbender or Hardy for me so far...
    See? Neither of them strike me as Bond materials. Turner included.

I get the feeling DC will do one or two more and then a ready made Bond is waiting,it doesnt feel the right time to lose DC...

I get the feeling DC will do one or two more and then a ready made Bond is waiting,it doesnt feel the right time to lose DC...
    You never know. The previous two actors were expected to do one more, but they both were jettisoned. It's a tricky expectation regardless.
    Certainly is...the silence is a serious worry all round..