No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It would be ironic if Martin Campbell were to return to the franchise, 25 years after he first joined it to direct the 25th adventure.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It would be ironic if Martin Campbell were to return to the franchise, 25 years after he first joined it to direct the 25th adventure.

A dream!

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Especially if he introduces his third Bond actor
    Aidan Turner
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Campbell yes. Turner No.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    +1 from me Murdock.
    I am hopeful still for 2018 also for the next 007 outing???!!!!!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Especially if he introduces his third Bond actor
    Aidan Turner

That's a funny way to spell Michael Fassbender.
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am hopeful still for 2018 also for the next 007 outing???!!!!!

I couldn't find a gif of Craig pointing to the guy in the komodo dragon pit, saying, "Good luck with that." Feel free to use your imagination!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I would say if Craig is coming back which he has indicated or hinted that he is I would say no later then 2019 if they are going to recast then 2020 but with there being development they must be hiding something like they must have a distributor at least maybe a writer but maybe not but at least a distributor to say its in development right guys? :-? :-\" :)
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Craig is the best Bond, I say we need another with him.

Agree. He's a superb Bond. I just can't get my head around why some hate him so much, although it's plainly evident (box office, critics etc.) the wider audience really like him. But I guess, each to their own.
    No hate, I believe he is easily the best Bond since Connery. I just happen to think that it's time to go back to basics and you can't really do that with Craig after Spectre.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 7,969

Agree. He's a superb Bond. I just can't get my head around why some hate him so much, although it's plainly evident (box office, critics etc.) the wider audience really like him. But I guess, each to their own.
    No hate, I believe he is easily the best Bond since Connery. I just happen to think that it's time to go back to basics and you can't really do that with Craig after Spectre.

The fact that they are committing to the "next few years" says that they probably have some kind of unofficial assurance from Craig on whether he is staying or going. He must have made up his mind one way or another by now, or they couldn't know for sure that a new Bond film is on the horizon. It's possible that Craig has decided months ago to leave, and everyone involved have spent the last 6 months or so trying to get him back. That's just one scenario. Like some other members, I don't buy the "we're all tired" excuse. That worked in the early part of the year, when they were still coming down of the global publicity blitz and a grueling shoot before that. Now though, it doesn't hold water, especially when Barbara and Craig are working together on other projects. Craig's "I need 6 months" line sounded a little indulgent to some, but 12 months plus isn't down to tiredness. Malaise, perhaps. Of course, it could be that Craig is still very much on board, and the only thing holding up production is the continued quest for a distributor (which may have finally been put to bed). If that is the case, then the only question remains why weren't they more forthright about it from the start? Barbara could have released a statement back in January saying "nothing can be done until we find a distributor" and everyone would live with that. Instead they have left themselves open to intense media speculation and done nothing to stem the rumours. I'm not really sure what is going on, but one thing is for certain - EON have a track record of behaving in such a sneaky manner as this.

The fact that they are committing to the "next few years" says that they probably have some kind of unofficial assurance from Craig on whether he is staying or going. He must have made up his mind one way or another by now, or they couldn't know for sure that a new Bond film is on the horizon. It's possible that Craig has decided months ago to leave, and everyone involved have spent the last 6 months or so trying to get him back. That's just one scenario. Like some other members, I don't buy the "we're all tired" excuse. That worked in the early part of the year, when they were still coming down of the global publicity blitz and a grueling shoot before that. Now though, it doesn't hold water, especially when Barbara and Craig are working together on other projects. Craig's "I need 6 months" line sounded a little indulgent to some, but 12 months plus isn't down to tiredness. Malaise, perhaps. Of course, it could be that Craig is still very much on board, and the only thing holding up production is the continued quest for a distributor (which may have finally been put to bed). If that is the case, then the only question remains why weren't they more forthright about it from the start? Barbara could have released a statement back in January saying "nothing can be done until we find a distributor" and everyone would live with that. Instead they have left themselves open to intense media speculation and done nothing to stem the rumours. I'm not really sure what is going on, but one thing is for certain - EON have a track record of behaving in such a sneaky manner as this.

EON does things very sneaky now of days maybe this the case maybe they have a distributor and a writer and a draft of a script and we don't know about it?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

EON does things very sneaky now of days maybe this is the case maybe they have a distributor and a writer and a draft of a script and we don't know about it?

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Unfortunately I kind of agree with that. I was/am a big Craig fan, but after SP I think audiences at least in NA are going to want to see a new face. I really don't think Craig is going to have the same degree of support before SP.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He's got my support 100%
    Bring on Craig, Campbell and Arnold.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Unfortunately I kind of agree with that. I was/am a big Craig fan, but after SP I think audiences at least in NA are going to want to see a new face. I really don't think Craig is going to have the same degree of support before SP.

They did after QOS.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Not this fan.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    echo wrote: »

Not this fan.

Well I'm a fan too. I don't know quite what I want right now.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    NA audience member who wants to continue to see Daniel Craig checking in.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Whether with Craig or not, I don't care. I just want a normal, traditional and straightforward James Bond thriller that deals even with less drama and emotional dilemmas. I could do without them.

Of course you can. EON did by going fromYOLT followed by OHMSS and again with MR and FYEO.

Going back to basics after a more flamboyant entry is standard operating procedure.

Getafix wrote: »

Of course you can. EON did by going fromYOLT followed by OHMSS and again with MR and FYEO.

Going back to basics after a more flamboyant entry is standard operating procedure.

OHMSS doesn't have the same Bond actor in it than YOLT, look closer.

Also, with Moore it is a different story than Craig. Moore started by making traditional Bond films, whereas Craig never has.
    Whether with Craig or not, I don't care. I just want a normal, traditional and straightforward James Bond thriller that deals even with less drama and emotional dilemmas. I could do without them.

The only way we'll get that is if Craig leaves.

The only way we'll get that is if Craig leaves.
    I'm indifferent with him, to tell you the truth. If he leaves, he leaves.
    Getafix wrote: »

OHMSS doesn't have the same Bond actor in it than YOLT, look closer.

Also, with Moore it is a different story than Craig. Moore started by making traditional Bond films, whereas Craig never has.

How would you define a 'traditional' Bond film, what does that even mean?
    Straightforward Bond film.
    Pretitles: Defining the problem or standalone prologue.
    Main event: Something happens, villain is introduced, Bond is called for briefing, stops for a flirt with Moneypenny then goes straight into M's door, receives the mission, travels overseas, makes acquaintance with the villain and a couple of Bond girls somewhere between, is discovered as a spy, exposes the villain's operation to HQ, final battle, hand to hand combat with the villain, kills the villain, accomplishes the mission, gets it on with a Bond girl, end credits.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Straightforward Bond film.
    Pretitles: Defining the problem or standalone prologue.
    Main event: Something happens, villain is introduced, Bond is called for briefing, stops for a flirt with Moneypenny then goes straight into M's door, receives the mission, travels overseas, makes acquaintance with the villain and a couple of Bond girls somewhere between, is discovered as a spy, exposes the villain's operation to HQ, final battle, hand to hand combat with the villain, kills the villain, accomplishes the mission, gets it on with a Bond girl, end credits.

Most of that happens in CR and QoS
    Well, most of that happens in almost every Bond film. Not all of it.
    Well, most of that happens in almost every Bond film. Not all of it.

Exactly, the Bond franchise is probably the most formulaic one going.
    In some cases, Bond history has taught us that after every disappointing film the actor changes. (DAF, AVTAK, DAD). Maybe it's time to move on with another actor, as much as I like Craig. And find a way to eliminate the theory of foster brothers, which is difficult I guess...