No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Glass half full, people.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Glass half full, people.
    Yes! Barber could have said "we're in no rush to begin development. There will be another Bond film........someday"
  • Half full or half empty, the water level hasn't changed. ;)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Finally we got news :D ;) :) >:D<
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    willreturn.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What does this mean in relation to the distributor. Surely they must at least be in the process of a partnership, to announce that development has begun?
    Sounded to me like that "in the next few years" applied to ALL the franchises, television, reality stuff, etc etc. I'd say we're still good for 2018. :)
    But who is developing it? Who is writing?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Risico007 wrote: »
    All news we may be finding out come early in the new year.

Wait according to Mendes4lyfe Aidan Turner is directing writing and playing both bond and Bond girl
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Risico007 wrote: »

It's the distributor I'm more interestered in, although I would be relieved to hear that P+W have been ejected from the nearest passenger seat.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Wording of 'next few years' worries me, almost makes it seem like it's on the backburner. That being said, this is probably much ado about nothing. For Bond to stay relevant, I think they need to stay with 3 year gaps, 4 at the maximum. Having 2 films per decade greatly saddens me.

I am still holding out hope for 2018, but we have to get news by next spring at the absolute latest regarding a distributor/script/director/etc. right?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    James Bond will return in the next few years.

No shit Sherlock, we know that!

Water is wet.
    A non-announcement if there ever was one.

Of course the next one is in development. Did anyone think that it actually wasn't? Sometime in the next few years? Wow, didn't see that coming at all.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    In development means pretty much what Gregg said months ago. They're throwing around ideas. And that within the next few years we will have B25.

UPDATE: but I don't mean that as a downer. I'm glad we got something :)

• edited November 2016 Posts: 2,598
    Yes, as members of the production department work on their own gigs, snippets of images and ideas for Bond 25 pop up in their minds every now and then. Michael G Wilson has the first 20 seconds of the opening sequence tattooed on his brain. :)

I reckon that people should just forget about this movie until an official announcement is made regarding a director or actor/s. Check out this thread every couple of months to see if any news has arisen and look forward to other movies.

• SonofSean wrote: »
    Wow. It's been a whole year since Spectre premiered and there has been exactly zero movement on Bond 25. Boy, Daniel Craig wasn't joking when he said "we" (meaning Babs, Wilson, et al) are tired / exhausted / burned out. I had expected to have had some news on Bond 25 from the producers / studio before the end of 2016, but it's now looking very unlikely. Who knows when we'll hear something. It could be a very long gap, maybe even 2020 - a 5 year gap between movies! Maybe longer. who knows. I would imagine investors and Sony chiefs are feeling anxious. I mean, Mission Impossible 6 will be out in 2018 so why is Bond so far behind? As a fan I have to say it's a bit disappointing not knowing when we'll get another Bond movie. Maybe the problem lies with EON and Barbara Brocoli? Maybe they've run out of ideas and have lost interest in the character in which case they should sell the rights or give it to someone who can reinvigorate the franchise. I know that's not going to happen but I think Bond fans deserve better. And yes, I know that makes me sound self-entitled, but fans of other franchises (Star Wars, Marvel, Fast Furious) get a regular fix of their movie drug. I guess I'm just going through withdrawal symptoms. Sigh.

Absolutely agree
    Id take this as 2019 at the latest. It will be a long haul but they want some time to pass for a fresh final entry for EON Productions Daniel Craig as James Bond 007.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It means it is in development. People are working on the basics. Because they're not stupid. Story, potential locations, crew, outcomes, what happens in whichever case... It's not like they're sitting on a stool and lining up empty shots of tequila.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It's not like they're sitting on a stool and lining up empty shots of tequila.

I'm not so sure :D

talos7 wrote: »
    It's not like they're sitting on a stool and lining up empty shots of tequila.

I'm not so sure :D
    Alright, perhaps they do it in their spare time... :))
  • The scorpion scene in Skyfall? Entirely edited from actual footage of Daniel and the producers during Skyfall's "in development" period.
    As far as I know, that wasn't tequila. That was some kind of a cognac. :D
  • Well they're Bond for crying out loud. They do have some class. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The scorpion scene in Skyfall? Entirely edited from actual footage of Daniel and the producers during Skyfall's "in development" period.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Post QoS poor Daniel thought he'd only get two Bond films to his name like Dalton, and in his grief he took to heavy drinking to deal with his sorrow.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Any word on distribution?
    Not until Mid-2017. ;)

Water is wet.

And we know bears shit in the woods.

SaintMark wrote: »

Water is wet.

And we know bears shit in the woods.
    And amniotes lay eggs in their nests.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Furthermore the sun also sets