No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    For a very long waiting game. Personally for me it's settled. I don't expect any new Bond movie before 2019, and then it'll be a new actor, logic demands it. At least my logic.

So that means Dan will certainly be back then.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Getafix wrote: »
    This thread is getting a little repetitive

A little?

Great TND reference. Almost missed that one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It seems reality slowly sets in.

Still so much gets interpreted into Craig's words.

They are still tired. After a year that's at least pointing in the direction we are heading.

For a very long waiting game. Personally for me it's settled. I don't expect any new Bond movie before 2019, and then it'll be a new actor, logic demands it. At least my logic.

Also I find it a bit convenient to put the blame on MGM. EoN knows there will be Bond 25 at some point. It can go into pre-production, but there is no interest for it obviously.

True dat.

You two deserve your own show.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Getafix wrote: »
    This thread is getting a little repetitive

A little?

Great TND reference. Almost missed that one.

So did I, actually. Not a fan of TND.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

They are still tired. After a year that's at least pointing in the direction we are heading.

Also I find it a bit convenient to put the blame on MGM. EoN knows there will be Bond 25 at some point. It can go into pre-production, but there is no interest for it obviously.

True dat.

Turner and Hooch? ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

So that means Dan will certainly be back then.

Hoping, no praying, you are right. After the perfection that is his performance in Spectre I WANT MORE

True dat.

That would be fun, but no dice. Nothing will ever be as successful as the one-man show that is @TheWizardOfIce
    and that's meant as a honest compliment of course.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Delete...
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Delete...

Is this a Texan running gag I don't get?? :))
    Delete...

Lol no ...I was trying to be funny but then decided might be taken as mean so I deleted.

I like forum decorum :D ...and even though I know I'm guilty sometimes I decided not to say what I was going to say.

But it really wasn't mean.
    Delete...

Lol no ...I was trying to be funny but then decided might be taken as mean so I deleted.

I like forum decorum :D ...and even though I know I'm guilty sometimes I decided not to say what I was going to say.

You can be mean to me, I like Texan mean humour :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @mcdonbb is a weird case. Very mysterious, such that I think he may have been the one that shot J.R.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @mcdonbb is a weird case. Very mysterious, such that I think he may have been the one that shot J.R.

That was Kristin Shepard. Unless @mcdonbb is one of the hottest females to ever grace this earth it wasn't him.

full.jpg
  • Guy Ritchie directing an Aladdin movie, quite frankly, sounds like the worst idea ever. Beyond risible.

Someone needs to hire Denis Villeneuve. I have a feeling that EON want to relaunch with Denis in the hot-seat.

The new Dark Tower trailer also leaked earlier. Maybe Nikolaj Arcel will join the conversation?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Pierce2Daniel Villeneuve is my first choice for B25 directing duties.
    what about Soderbergh? I really love those Oceans movies. Or that guy who made whatsit with Emily Blunt and Dario.
  • Guy Ritchie directing an Aladdin movie, quite frankly, sounds like the worst idea ever. Beyond risible.

Someone needs to hire Denis Villeneuve.

I'm sure Denis Villeneuve has a good Aladdin movie in him, but surely his talents can be put to better use elsewhere. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    what about Soderbergh? I really love those Oceans movies. Or that guy who made whatsit with Emily Blunt and Dario.
    Both fine suggestions. I'll throw Gavin Hood's name into the ring as well. Eye in the Sky was an incredibly tense film.
    It would be great to nab a director for Bond 25 who can present tension and deal with darker content well, as I expect for the film to contain ample amounts of both, given where SP left us.
    In terms of tone, CR had a perfect balance of both light and dark. On that note, is Mr. Campbell free?
    Campbell would be a dream (as would Arnold), which I know we've discussed before. With Mendes out, there's no better time than to get Arnold back in there, who would agree to it in a second. It'd be great to see the Craig era bookended with the team that started it.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    jake24 wrote: »
    In terms of tone, CR had a perfect balance of both light and dark. On that note, is Mr. Campbell free?

One can but hope Jake one can but hope.

=D>
  • RC7RC7
    In terms of tone, CR had a perfect balance of both light and dark.

People often forget this. The balance is absolutely perfect. Perfect. The three since have all been tonally inconsistent to some degree. Actually, that's unfair, QoS was relatively consistent, but it had about as much light as Fritzl's cellar.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,090
    Please don't be dark. Moody and atmospheric, yes. CR was perfect for tone. I don't want another "gritty" Bond film. I just got done celebrating the fact that that era was over. Not another downer, please.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Campbell would be a dream (as would Arnold), which I know we've discussed before. With Mendes out, there's no better time than to get Arnold back in there, who would agree to it in a second. It'd be great to see the Craig era bookended with the team that started it.
    Definitely. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but Broccoli recently attended a Bond event where Arnold was also present. It's no doubt the conversation of him returning came up between the two.
    Delete...

You can be mean to me, I like Texan mean humour :)

Wasn't you. It was poor @Mendes4Lyfe. I wasn't trying to be mean but the Turner and Hooch come back hit me kinda funny.
    RC7 wrote: »
    In terms of tone, CR had a perfect balance of both light and dark.

People often forget this. The balance is absolutely perfect. Perfect. The three since have all been tonally inconsistent to some degree. Actually, that's unfair, QoS was relatively consistent, but it had about as much light as Fritzl's cellar.

For once I agree.
    I think QoS would have felt weird if they'd tried to make a story with elements of grieving, death and forgiveness lighter than it needed to be.

It's always been clear that CR was one of those special Bond films, a perfect storm where every element is perfect or near it. It's the modern day classic that I don't think will be met for a very long, long time. It's just hard to picture another film that so easily works as a modern day Bond while also being able to stack up to the titan films of the 60s blow-for-blow.
    I think QoS would have felt weird if they'd tried to make a story with elements of grieving, death and forgiveness lighter than it needed to be.

It's always been clear that CR was one of those special Bond films, a perfect storm where every element is perfect or near it. It's the modern day classic that I don't think will be met for a very long, long time. It's just hard to picture another film that so easily works as a modern day Bond while also being able to stack up to the titan films of the 60s blow-for-blow.

I agree.

• RC7RC7

Oh, it needs to be darker, no doubt, but the joy of Fleming was that he always offset the darkness with moments of light. I just don't get that in QoS and I feel like there was room for more of it, without taking away from the bigger picture.