No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I seriously can't be f**ked to wade through hundreds of comments to try and find the smallest kernel of information.

The fact that the title has been changed to 'Dan's favourite colour' rather than 'Dan is staying/going' tells me all I need to know.

Utter waste of everyone's time but it's the people who've been walking round with massive hard ons for the last few weeks at the prospect this interview would herald some certain answers I feel sorry for. Did they genuinely believe that EON would sanction a major news release about Bond in an interview that wasn't even being filmed?

They might not know much about commissioning a coherent script but they how to make a press release. When Dan does go EON will be actively involved in how that news is put out there rather than it being done in an interview in a back street pub with an audience of two blokes and a dog.
    slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Puh Jason, you are getting seriously annoying and acting it out in Mendes manour. But you like him, maybe thats why.

Coming from you that's a compliment, considering what you normally dish out when your Saint gets criticised.
    still clutching at straws people?

EoN BB has no interest in doing Bond25 anytime soon, she is more interested in losing time with unimportant projects and couldn't care less about the millions of fans or her father's legacy.

Just let her :-). I do like her other projects as well. 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was a highly succesful children's musical. And the play 'Othello' has been succesful too. I do find it a bit disrespectful that you call these projects 'unimportant'. I know many Bond fans are craving for a new film ASAP. But at times some Bond fans -and I said it before- come off as impatient spoiled brats. Broccoli hasn't got a contract with you or any other Bond fan. But you betcha she will do her best once she starts pre-production on a Bond film. Not to mention her 'hands on' mentality. She's a people's person, not a snob.

It's a legacy not a hobby.
    She has a responsibility to the fans.
  • Just got a threatening message from @Benny saying I caused 'trouble' with my credible sources comment.

A few people replying and taking it for the obvious wind up it is. That's 'trouble' ?

It's ok to be cantankerous sometimes but sending a nasty PM for a harmless piece of mischief is not right.
    still clutching at straws people?

EoN BB has no interest in doing Bond25 anytime soon, she is more interested in losing time with unimportant projects and couldn't care less about the millions of fans or her father's legacy.

Just let her :-). I do like her other projects as well. 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was a highly succesful children's musical. And the play 'Othello' has been succesful too. I do find it a bit disrespectful that you call these projects 'unimportant'. I know many Bond fans are craving for a new film ASAP. But at times some Bond fans -and I said it before- come off as impatient spoiled brats. Broccoli hasn't got a contract with you or any other Bond fan. But you betcha she will do her best once she starts pre-production on a Bond film. Not to mention her 'hands on' mentality. She's a people's person, not a snob.

It's a legacy not a hobby.
    She has a responsibility to the fans.

Not really. She can legitmately do what she wants as she has the rights to Bond.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Not an obvious wind up, and as I said we know who you are. A known troll.
    The only reason you've remained thus far, is because you've kept your nose clean.
    The PM was so we don't have to disrupt this thread.
    Benny wrote: »
    Not an obvious wind up, and as I said we know who you are. A known troll.
    The only reason you've remained thus far, is because you've kept your nose clean.
    The PM was so we don't have to disrupt this thread.

I just ignored him. Don't message him it'll just escalate it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Unfortunately @tanaka123 we can't always ignore everything my friend.
    Benny wrote: »
    Unfortunately @tanaka123 we can't always ignore everything my friend.

Ok, your call. Anyway, those comments by Craig lead me to think he's still up for Bond.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,756

I seriously can't be f**ked to wade through hundreds of comments to try and find the smallest kernel of information.

The fact that the title has been changed to 'Dan's favourite colour' rather than 'Dan is staying/going' tells me all I need to know.

Utter waste of everyone's time but it's the people who've been walking round with massive hard ons for the last few weeks at the prospect this interview would herald some certain answers I feel sorry for. Did they genuinely believe that EON would sanction a major news release about Bond in an interview that wasn't even being filmed?

They might not know much about commissioning a coherent script but they how to make a press release. When Dan does go EON will be actively involved in how that news is put out there rather than it being done in an interview in a back street pub with an audience of two blokes and a dog.

Well it sounds like you are taking this a bit too seriously. Myself I didn't think much would come out of the interview, but it's always good fun to have events like these where Bond fans can get excited instead of automatically being cynical.

So your frustration tells me you're at least a little annoyed by the lack of news. The least we could do was have a little fun with it.

Just got a threatening message from @Benny saying I caused 'trouble' with my credible sources comment.

A few people replying and taking it for the obvious wind up it is. That's 'trouble' ?

It's ok to be cantankerous sometimes but sending a nasty PM for a harmless piece of mischief is not right.

Obviously you intended no harm @Comte_de_Bleuchamp. But since you admitted your mischief, please be more careful with statements that come across as facts. Especially when in fact nothing backs it up, thus making it a lie. So again, be careful.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Agreed, @dominicgreene. Ironically, he's the most annoyed out of all of us, and this coming from a person who never expected anything to begin with.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I just read through all the comments.

My opinion: No news here. He's kicked the can down the road, and this thread will continue with its speculation until something more concrete comes about (which may be in 2017). Not my preferred scenario, but it is what it is. All he did was attempt to clean up the 'wrist slash' with some nice words generically thrown out for the faithful and the press, which is something I suppose.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Bond-wise, this is what I gather from last night's interview.

-He notes that while no decision has been made regarding Bond 25, "Were [he] to stop doing it, [he'd] miss it terribly."
    -When asked if Bond driving away with Madeleine was the end, he responded with, "Yes, at the moment that's what he thinks, but it always says 'to be continued'."
    -On B25's status, he states that, "there’s no conversation going on, and genuinely because everybody’s just a bit tired.”
    -Craig adamantly denies any allegation that he had been offered $150 million to return
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @jake24, interestingly, all of those points should come as no surprise to anyone. So really, this was a non-event from a Bond perspective. A Seinfeld moment.
    “Nature abhors a vacuum.”

And so do Bond fans
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bond-wise, this is what I gather from last night's interview.

-He notes that while no decision has been made regarding Bond 25, "Were [he] to stop doing it, [he'd] miss it terribly."
    -When asked if Bond driving away with Madeleine was the end, he responded with, "Yes, at the moment that's what he thinks, but it always says 'to be continued'."
    -On B25's status, he states that, "there’s no conversation going on, and genuinely because everybody’s just a bit tired.”
    -Craig adamantly denies any allegation that he had been offered $150 million to return

He'll be back :-).
    Like I said, much ado about nothing, and now folks can continue speculating whichever way they want for another 6 months or so. Like watching paint dry. Sigh.
  • This is the wasp cake of threads.
    Not a lot i can say really....as i said : Limbo.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

bondjames wrote: »
    Like I said, much ado about nothing, and now folks can continue speculating whichever way they want for another 6 months or so. Like watching paint dry. Sigh.

Drying paint is more predictable. I'm too addicted to not visit ...I need to be strong.

Thank goodness the comics are exploding with activity and QUALITY.

The good news for some is that Craig did say think the Madeleine story is done for the moment.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

Drying paint is more predictable. I'm too addicted to not visit ...I need to be strong.

Thank goodness the comics are exploding with activity and QUALITY.

The good news for some is that Craig did say think the Madeleine story is done for the moment.
    I'll be glad if it's done in permanent.
    After one whole year everybody still is tired...
    That speaks volumes!
    Don't expect a new Bond before 2020. 2019 if we are lucky.
    Furthermore that means Craig is out because of age.
    Deal with it people. That's what is happening.
    So its looking like Craig will be staying. As of now
  • peterpeter Toronto
    After one whole year everybody still is tired...
    That speaks volumes!
    Don't expect a new Bond before 2020. 2019 if we are lucky.
    Furthermore that means Craig is out because of age.
    Deal with it people. That's what is happening.

???? ok....
    Still time for 2018. Hope is not lost yet
    Is this interview broadcast on any streaming services?

For the 19th time, NO. It's not being filmed.

Well I only asked once.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So basically the gist of the interview alludes that Craig has not ruled out Bond by any means. If I dare say, I gathered that he's still somewhat interested in the role and by the time he's done with othello & purity he may be ready to get going again. Time will tell. Let's just be thankful he has not ruled it out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had hoped we would hear something, but alas. Hundreds of new posts, was something discussed, at least?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I had hoped we would hear something, but alas. Hundreds of new posts, was something discussed, at least?

Of course dear C.

This we learned:

"A suit should look like you've lived in it, had sex in it." -Daniel Craig #TNYfest