No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Nice video with a question from David Zaritsky.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    VIDEO

"Were I to stop doing it, I'd miss it terribly." Daniel Craig indicates he has not quit the James Bond role. #007

From Phil Nobile Jr.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why am I not surprised Dave was there. I bet in about 2 weeks he'll have a video that details the brand of dye Craig used for Lucky Logan and the exact clothing brands Craig wore for the interview.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,554
    Nice video with a question from David Zaritsky.

Interesting. Because Zaritsky already knew the answer(s) to this question before asking it. Watch his videos: he knows DC's brands.

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited October 2016 Posts: 732
    Based on the reports I've read and his mood I think he enjoys his time off from Bond but he will return.

I am sure now that some kind of verbal agreement was made between BB and DC and they just know with all the distribution rights stuff and in order to prepare a good script they will have to take their time, anyway. They learned what happens when they rush a movie into release and what happens when they don't.

They give DC his time off, they made him a producer on the last and most likely also the next film. They don't make the mistakes Cubby and Harry made with Sean.

I don't agree with some comments saying any actor could have pulled off CR the way it turned out - that it just needeed the (great) script and the other stars like Green and Mikkelsen ... and any actor would have succeeded the way Craig did. It's for one part that Craig ist just a good actor but on the other hand also put in the physicality that he felt is needed for the role (and I think it made a great difference). He put in a lot behind and in front of the camera. I am not by any means saying nobody else would have been able to pull it off - same with Connery in the 60s. But the *tremendous* effect Craig has is only comparable to the one Connery had. I like all of the actors who played Bond - they all made good movies that entertained me. But in my opinion Craig is the first actor who escaped the box of rules Connery defined back in the 60s where all the others "just" emphazised on some of the many things Connery set in stone.

There will be another actor, the role is and will remain bigger than the star playing it. But Daniel put in things (like Connery) any further actor will to some extend have to deliver to be successful. I like all of the Bond movies - but (for me) the ones that created to greatly extended the myth are Connery and Craig.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Craig on leaving Bond "were I to stop doing it I would miss it terribly" yep the truth comes out you don't say that if you wanted to leave or quit
    Well 2 down Daniel and eon, one to go which is mgm now we need them to commit and this one might be a while and most frustrating
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @007Blofeld you have already been asked to stop multi posting and to use the edit button.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 4,023
    jake24 wrote: »
    Knowing that he's still undecided is better than knowing that he's done for good.

I'm afraid we can't confirm that Daniel is undecided at this early stage, as he hasn't yet made his mind up on that one. If he did step away from being undecided he would miss it terribly.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes to Daniel Craig. :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig will return.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    So glad that it was through over 300 comments this morning. ;)

Nothing definite but I get the impression he'll be back. And his favourite colour blue? Would have thought it'd have been red, especially being a fellow Liverpool FC reporter. Gotta say, I'm disappointed there Mr Craig :P
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,126
    Benny wrote: »
    @007Blofeld you have already been asked to stop multi posting and to use the edit button.
    @Benny how you use the edit button on three comments like instead of three do it in one big one your saying?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I could never be a mod.
    I know the feeling.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I could totally be a mod. I would have to change my personality, of course.
    Imagine if @TheWizardOfIce was a mod...

A thousand clean-ups a day.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 252
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Babs & EON arent working on B25 IMO.

What? Are u kidding me? It's now 1 year after the premiere of SP and Babs & Wilson are noch preparing the next bond movie, that would be incredible, if thats true, i expect Bond 25 not before 2020

I miss Cubby
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    I miss Cubby
    That makes two of us.
  • I think Craig has decided to leave but Babs has told him to say nothing until they've secured a replacement. If he was staying he would have just said so. It's not like he has to convince the producers to keep him.
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Babs & EON arent working on B25 IMO.

What? Are u kidding me? It's now 1 year after the premiere of SP and Babs & Wilson are noch preparing the next bond movie, that would be incredible, if thats true, i expect Bond 25 not before 2020

I miss Cubby

Guys need to read and dissect the news much better. Remember the news two weeks ago, when Michael G. Wilson was in LA meeting director Guy Ritchie. Now nothing is confirmed, but I do find that slightly more credible news. The image that is being portrayed on here, that Barbara and Michael are only enjoying holidays near a big swimming pool is just plain wrong. As we all know, pre-production always start when the last movie is finished. Although the producers would never admit that. But at least as of now the producers are certainly not sitting still.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Michael isn't doing much, so to say. Babs is busy with non-Bond production projects.

And nothing in that interview suggests that Craig is leaving. Just the opposite.
    Yes! Thank you Dan. You're one of the two people who've made my day.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sounds like he's staying. I think I'm actually glad about it. He still has the potential to be a great Bond. I just hope that he feels the need to push himself into some new territory in the next one. There was a marked contrast in his portrayals of 007 in CR and SF, yet I thought they were both wonderful (I also loved his performance in QOS, but that one hews very close top what we got in CR). It's no secret that I think that he really slid with SP. His attitude in the interview clip I just watched above gives me hope.

I think you and I are on the same page. I know like you I've expressed it's best he went and they rebooted but I really love Craig as Bond it was just what we got served up with SPECTRE.

I know some liked it but Daniel seemed devoid of all that made is Bond so unique and him in that film.

I know SP did very well at the box office but it certainly came under a lot of criticism mainly in the U.S, my countries reviews were bordering on the ridiculous (5 stars???).
    I can only hope they've taken on board some of the points that were made and Dan comes back reinvigorated and ready to prove himself again.

Maybe a 4 year break is enough to get him ready although I'd prefer 2018. It depends whether EON decide it's time to announce anything although it looks like MGM faffing about finding a studio partner is stopping anything official from being announced.

As some have already said it doesn't sound like someone who's ready to leave unless he's put on a very convincing performance as Babs says he can't offficially announce before they get their ducks in a row, although I seriously doubt it.

If Bond 25 continues and I can't see it going any other way with DC and Waltz returns lets hope P&W are far away. The new director isn't obsessed with homages and the new writers just want to make a quality entry with little reference to the step brother angle.

Ideally DC doing a back to back to end his tenure and this time line would be ideal. If he could come back and all concerned could knock it out the park like with CR then I could accept the blip that was SPECTRE as DC ended on a high. For once can we have at least one Bond end on a real quality entry.

No LTK does not count as it was such a jarring uneven mess at times, despite Dalton's commitment.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    still clutching at straws people?

EoN BB has no interest in doing Bond25 anytime soon, she is more interested in losing time with unimportant projects and couldn't care less about the millions of fans or her father's legacy.
    Puh Jason, you are getting seriously annoying and acting it out in Mendes manour. But you like him, maybe thats why.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    @Benny how you use the edit button on three comments like instead of three do it in one big one your saying?

After your first post, and no one has posted after you, you simply edit your new post, into the existing one. Using the edit function. It's found in the top right corner of your post, shaped like a gear wheel.
    Same applies for any comments you wish to add, till someone posts after you. All good.

still clutching at straws people?

EoN BB has no interest in doing Bond25 anytime soon, she is more interested in losing time with unimportant projects and couldn't care less about the millions of fans or her father's legacy.

Just let her :-). I do like her other projects as well. 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was a highly succesful children's musical. And the play 'Othello' has been succesful too. I do find it a bit disrespectful that you call these projects 'unimportant'. I know many Bond fans are craving for a new film ASAP. But at times some Bond fans -and I said it before- come off as impatient spoiled brats. Broccoli hasn't got a contract with you or any other Bond fan. But you betcha she will do her best once she starts pre-production on a Bond film. Not to mention her 'hands on' mentality. She's a people's person, not a snob.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    A break maybe good ...I don't know. But don't want or need Bond burned out producers ...or fans for that matter.

We got nothing concrete I take it but we didn't get a negative response either. We are nowhere and waiting on MGM just like many thought.

...and I agree blue is a nice color. Explains the sweater at the SP announcement :P
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,117
    I seriously can't be f**ked to wade through hundreds of comments to try and find the smallest kernel of information.

The fact that the title has been changed to 'Dan's favourite colour' rather than 'Dan is staying/going' tells me all I need to know.

Utter waste of everyone's time but it's the people who've been walking round with massive hard ons for the last few weeks at the prospect this interview would herald some certain answers I feel sorry for. Did they genuinely believe that EON would sanction a major news release about Bond in an interview that wasn't even being filmed?

They might not know much about commissioning a coherent script but they how to make a press release. When Dan does go EON will be actively involved in how that news is put out there rather than it being done in an interview in a back street pub with an audience of two blokes and a dog.