No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ironically, he'd actually be good value to them now (given Craig's current fee per film), in contrast to in 2004.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Dan will need to be free by spring/summer 2017 to make a 2018 release.

It takes him 6 months to work out & another 6 months to get together with the writers & director.

I think were looking at 2019.

Of course he could just step into it at the last minute like Sean in Diamonds Are Forever and not worry about working out. It's his last film anyway, why not just breeze through it? It's a tradition for the actor playing Bond to be slightly out of shape in their final outing. The Dan films have broken enough traditions in his era. I think this is one he needs to keep.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If they actually go with the angle of Bond in retirement with Madeleine at the start, it would actually fit that he isn't in tip top shape. That being said, I've seen recent pictures of Dan and he's looks fantastic.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 15,785
    It's kind of cool when 007 has to struggle or catch his breath in any given Bond situation due to his being out of it. Makes him easier to relate to. Roger during the City Hall fire scene looks like he may not make it this time. He then gets his second wind on the fire truck.
    Dan in SF collapsing after his chin ups is another example.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    It's kind of cool when 007 has to struggle or catch his breath in any given Bond situation due to his being out of it. Makes him easier to relate to. Roger during the City Hall fire scene looks like he may not make it this time. He then gets his second wind on the fire truck.
    I agree, but when it came to Rog in AVTAK, I don't think he was acting!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Risico007 wrote: »
    And to think ten years ago we we looking forward to this

Watching this is enough to make one weep at how EoN dropped the ball after such a magnificent debut from Craig. Honestly, EoN may need to have the trailer to CR on a loop in tge background when in the preproduction stage of every subsequent Bond film going forward.
    I really wish Jason Bourne was getting better press and reviews. If Greengrass came back with another industry changing thriller, it might light a fire under Eon.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bourne could learn a thing or two from Bond. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    To me, Jason Bourne was nothing special. Same old repetitive story. I admit, I went to the cinema with a headache but was excited to see the film, the camera work bothered me and the lack of a turncoat in the story that kept the same wheel spinning just dragged me out of it.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I really wish Jason Bourne was getting better press and reviews. If Greengrass came back with another industry changing thriller, it might light a fire under Eon.
    Not to worry. Tom will show them how it's done in a few years with the next MI installment, and the way Jason Bourne is tracking box office wise this weekend, I'm sure we'll get a sequel, and it will kick some serious 'a'. These critics are about to eat crow.
    Production was supposed to begin sometime this year, according to Tom Cruise.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin Tom Cruise said he wants to squeeze in the filming of his sci-fi heist film 'Luna Park' between production of 'The Mummy' and 'Mission Impossible 6'.
    Speaking of The Mummy. How's it going?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Filming for 'The Mummy' ended mid July apparently, @ClarkDevlin! So I guess Cruise can start working on M:I:6 at the end of the year after Luna Park. Snow setting for M:I:6 ??
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All but confirmed that a sequel will happen. Looks like it'll make its production budget back by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

Care to place some bets that we could get Bond 25, Bourne 6 and Mission Impossible 6 on the same year?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, here's my call:

-B25 in 2018. I believe we will have a new actor as well

-MI6 in 2018.

-Bourne 6 in 2019 (Matt's not getting any younger and will probably want one more under his belt if Jason Bourne does well enough and demand is there). I'd love to see one sooner but I doubt it.
    I sincerely hope so! It'll be hell of a competition!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    bondjames wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007, here's my call:

-MI6 in 2018.

It's 2016 and we're already here. =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ToTheRight wrote: »

@ToTheRight, I love that moment in SF. Bond is trying so hard not to show his vulnerability or how out of it he feels, and the second he's not being watched over, he lets how he really feels out, and gives into complete exhaustion.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's a great little scene with Bond trying to hide, how difficult the tests are
    for him.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What happened to venusaur? I liked him, he seemed like a cool guy.
    Perhaps he evolved. This time, out of the gene pool.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,969

That's a great joke, Brady. How hurtful. Anyway, the mods have given everyone the right to insult me free of charge. Its the collective decision of the forum that I'm not worth respond to. Feel free to take out whatever stress you have being having out on me. I'm the biggest trainwreck you've ever seen, just ask @Benny.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

That's a great joke, Brady. How hurtful. Anyway, the mods have given everyone the right to insult me free of charge. Its the collective decision of the forum that I'm not worth respond to. Feel free to take out whatever stress you have being having out on me. I'm the biggest trainwreck you've ever seen, just ask @Benny.

No your not. Too many ...me included sometimes go too far. Sorry
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,969
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Not you, I was asking for you when @Benny attacked me, I was asking where you were. Remember. ~O)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,586

Not you, I was asking for you when @Benny attacked me, I was asking where you were. Remember. ~O)
    Don't exaggerate. He didn’t attack you.
    Look on the free chat thread if you don't believe me.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

No I'm afraid I don't remember ....I was hanging out on the Dynamite thread discussing glaucoma treatments.
    jake24 wrote: »

Don't exaggerate. He didn’t attack you.

You haven't seen the PM's. I thought mods were supposed to be impartial.