No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's probably a twitch by now. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This whole page is a series of winks. I'll play along. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Henchman in Bond 25:

Mr Winx. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Awww group wink!!~ (;
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yippie-Ki-Yay, MotherWinkers! ;)

Lol

Lol
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Everyone's at it. ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    More prattle from Page Six with some comments from "sources".

A Hollywood source tells us that Bond producers and MGM are not in an urgent rush to cast the new Bond because the distribution rights for the franchise are up for sale following the end of a multimovie pact with Sony Pictures.

The source says, “No casting for the next James Bond movie will be decided on until the deal for the distribution rights has been done.”

Meanwhile, there are still bad feelings between Bond bosses and the most recent star Daniel Craig, who famously said he “would rather break this glass and slit my wrists” than play 007 again. Another source added, “Producers think that ungracious comment, right before the release of ‘Spectre,’ cost them tens of millions at the box office. They’re ready to forget about Daniel.”

Red, that is old. I already read THAT crap weeks or so ago. Its not true either.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »

A Hollywood source tells us that Bond producers and MGM are not in an urgent rush to cast the new Bond because the distribution rights for the franchise are up for sale following the end of a multimovie pact with Sony Pictures.

The source says, “No casting for the next James Bond movie will be decided on until the deal for the distribution rights has been done.”

Meanwhile, there are still bad feelings between Bond bosses and the most recent star Daniel Craig, who famously said he “would rather break this glass and slit my wrists” than play 007 again. Another source added, “Producers think that ungracious comment, right before the release of ‘Spectre,’ cost them tens of millions at the box office. They’re ready to forget about Daniel.”

Any "source" who says anything along the lines of this should be immediately discarded.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I see what they're getting at there. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.
    Most likely the same "sources" that said that first Hiddleston and then Turner would be announced as Bond back in June.

As usual, nothing to see here, unfortunately.
  • RC7RC7

I see what they're getting at there. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

The simple fact is, people didn't take to SP in the way they did SF. That's what cost them money, not Craig's comments and everyone involved knows that.
    RC7 wrote: »

The simple fact is, people didn't take to SP in the way they did SF. That's what cost them money, not Craig's comments and everyone involved knows that.

Still, does make you wonder when these reports keep coming to light. There's no smoke without fire, as they say.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Still, does make you wonder when these reports keep coming to light. There's no smoke without fire, as they say.

It's just the usual bobbins, though. If SP had made $1.5bn it would be non story. It's typical tabloid spin.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Its an old, recycled article. I suppose, if we look for it, we find the same arguments. I think, I remember dear Mendes same ***
    If Craig does return, hopefully it'll be a case like Harrison Ford in The Force Awakens. Harrison had become known as an irritable curmudgeon who mainly acted for paychecks. TFA was viewed as something of a comeback. Maybe B25 could be a similar situation, with Craig really putting his heart into one final film.
  • The House of Murdoch is in disagreement about what Eon thinks of Craig.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/caveat-emptor-murdoch-tabloids-disagree-about-craig/
    His Heart was Never NOT in it. His bravery working through the knee injury SAVED them millions of Dollars.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, it's right on the money reporting. Dan is so committed to the role (most committed Bond yet), he's uncommitted. Wait...

Yes, I'm certain MGM and co. are ready to be done with Dan and his billion dollar grossing Bond arse. =))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Apparently to some he was lazy and bored in SP.
    What-Meme-13.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm with you, @Murdock. Not once did I question his performance in SP.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Another man's trash is another man's treasure.

Another man's lazy and bored is another man's relaxed and confident (I'm in this camp).

Craig was kicking butt and taking names in SP, all over the damn place. Dan's performance was so Connery-esque in his absolute control over Bond's cat-like movements, stringent actions and unflappable speech that we might as well starting call it and other performances like it Craig-esque. Though I will concede that Craig-esque doesn't sound as catchy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    SP was wonderful, I can't wait for that to continue into Bond25. ;)
    edited July 2016 Posts: 8,087
    Hey, he didn't build that, ok? It took roads to get there. Roads and bridges and the internet and money.
    The internet that widely despised Dan's casting and called for his exit to the tunes of "who's this big-eared blondie thug" were inarguably instrumental in all his later successes. Wait...
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Another man's trash is another man's treasure.

Another man's lazy and bored is another man's relaxed and confident (I'm in this camp).

Craig was kicking butt and taking names in SP, all over the damn place. Dan's performance was so Connery-esque in his absolute control over Bond's cat-like movements, stringent actions and unflappable speech that we might as well starting call it and other performances like it Craig-esque. Though I will concede that Craig-esque doesn't sound as catchy.

Well said, sir.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Apparently to some he was lazy and bored in SP.
    What-Meme-13.jpg

They might be confusing him with his co-star Christoph Waltz. ;)

No, Craig was fantastic in Spectre. He was relaxed and funny and in top form. Liked him much better here than in Skyfall.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'll never understand that claim. Craig was in top form in SP. Witty, confident, and cool. Major swagger exuding from him.