No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

And to think ten years ago we we looking forward to this

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Risico007 wrote: »
    And to think ten years ago we we looking forward to this

Started magnificently (and with such promise) and ended (if it has in fact ended) with a forgettable whimper imho.

I look forward to that feeling again - the same feeling I had when both GE & CR were in the pipeline - namely one of keen anticipation that something new and exciting is to come.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    A casting notice from Playbill for 'Othello' lists its schedule, and its a much shorter run than we thought.

First Rehearsal: October 11, 2016
    First Preview: November 16, 2016
    Opening: December 5, 2016
    Closing: January 15, 2017
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    A casting notice from Playbill for 'Othello' lists its schedule, and its a much shorter run than we thought.

Thanks, @Red_Snow. That is good news, should Craig decide to return.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's good news, too, for anyone hoping to mail something off for autographs. I got my copy of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' autographed by him when he did the play with Rachel Weisz a couple of years ago. Still pissed that I sent a separate photo for an autograph, too, that I never got back. Thieving sonofabitch!
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Excellent!! The show can close January 15th, give Dan a couple days off, and he can be on the Bond 25 set January 18th to commence filming his 5th outing as OO7. We can have a November 2017 release after all. :)
    Oh yeah, we still need a studio to distribute B25. Oh well Wishful thinking. :(
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 5,745
    Well he still has to shoot Logan Lucky and evidently one or possibly two seasons of Purity in 2017.

That's a busy work year doing a play, series, and movie to suddenly jump into Bond production in November/December or January.

But he's on "break" now so perhaps he'd be willing to steamroll into Bond for a 2018 release yet, but I'm not counting on it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If EON and MGM get their side of things sorted out, with the play done at the beginning of 2017, Dan can get his 2017 commitments done, and get rolling on Bond in Jan. 2018, if the script is ready to go and all the necessary things have been put in place. Then will come the start of filming, a press conference at the usual time in a big location featured in the movie, the remainder of the production, post, then wrapped for a November release.

It's hard speculating on this though, as we don't know the production schedule for Logan Lucky or the Purity series. I know Soderbergh has quick production schedules, and is used to filming his picture in two months or even less, so that may be another fast commitment for Dan.

And isn't Dan supposed to be filming all 20 episodes of the Purity series in 2017 too, which I imagine will be released in 2 seasons with 10 episodes in each one whenever it all wraps up?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And isn't Dan supposed to be filming all 20 episodes of the Purity series in 2017 too, which I imagine will be released in 2 seasons with 10 episodes in each one whenever it all wraps up?
    I don't think he will film all the 20 episodes, as he's only one of the main characters in an anthology.
    If EON and MGM get their side of things sorted out, with the play done at the beginning of 2017, Dan can get his 2017 commitments done, and get rolling on Bond in Jan. 2018, if the script is ready to go and all the necessary things have been put in place. Then will come the start of filming, a press conference at the usual time in a big location featured in the movie, the remainder of the production, post, then wrapped for a November release.

It's hard speculating on this though, as we don't know the production schedule for Logan Lucky or the Purity series. I know Soderbergh has quick production schedules, and is used to filming his picture in two months or even less, so that may be another fast commitment for Dan.

Too bad Ed Wood isn't alive to shoot Purity. He could have had Daniel done with all 20 episodes and outta there in a couple days.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Hopefully some details about 'Purity' will emerge during Showtime's TCR summer press tour in a couple weeks time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    When is the next MGM conference call?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    jake24 wrote: »

Right now.

pierce-brosnan-and-phone_100235-1600x1200.jpg

;)

Right now.

;)
    If that isn't badass, @DaltonCraig007, I don't know what that is.
    Very well played, @DaltonCraig007.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Come back all, is forgiven?

Right now.

;)

Pierce letting Barbara know he's available for B25 if Daniel bails.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I just imagine Pierce using a burner phone to prank call EON's offices each week.

Barbara: "EON productions, head producer speaking."

Pierce [with voice disguiser]: "Knock, knock, Barb."

Barbara: "Excuse me?"

Pierce: "Knock, knock."

Barbara: "Uhmm....Who's there...?"

Pierce [holding in laughter]: "Not Daniel Craig, apparently!"

Barbara: "What's this supposed to be?....Pierce, dammit, is that you again?!"

Pierce: "Uh....Huh? Pierce who?"

Barbara: "This is getting tiresome, Pierce. I'm hanging up on you, don't call again!"

Pierce [saying quickly before the hang up]: "JustwantedtosayI'mfreeBar-"

"But what I do have, are a very particular set of skills. Skills I've acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for the people like you. If you let Daniel go now, that'll be the end of it." ;)
    =))
    You guys are unbelievable! :))
    In all seriousness, I wonder how easy it is to get ahold of EON's production offices.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Skills that make me a nightmare for the people like you.

His acting skills?
    Skills that make me a nightmare for the people like you.

His acting skills?
    Flawless.
    [5 minutes after last call]

Barbara: "Pierce, I'm giving you one last warning before authorities are contacted. STOP CALLING!"

Pierce: "I'm the chosen one, Barb, and you know it. Your daddy picked me, the last big decision he made before he passed, and he'd want it this way. The moment you cast Craig you made Cubby roll in his grave. I mean, a blonde Bond? Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. Don't disgrace your father's memory to keep working with old big ears again. He may look nice in a swim suit, but when he wears a tux it's like looking at Queen Elizabeth in a two piece bikini. It just feels...so, so wrong."

Barbara: "Pierce, seriously, STOP. I will threaten legal action. My lawyers are literally right beside me listening to this utterly ludicrous call."

Pierce: "But it's destiny Barb, predicted by Nostradamus. I deserve a second chance at Bond. We're the perfect team, you can't deny it. I'm the peanut butter to your jelly. The Walther to your holster...See what I did there? I'm the diced carrots to your broccoli. See what I did there too? Barb? Barbara? Baaaaaaaaaar-"

And the most frightening thing is when Barbara realises the call .......
    ... Is coming from Inside the House !!! :D
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,423
    And the most frightening thing is when Barbara realises the call .......
    ... Is coming from Inside the House !!! :D
    :)) I must get that for my phone.
    Dan will need to be free by spring/summer 2017 to make a 2018 release.

It takes him 6 months to work out & another 6 months to get together with the writers & director.

I think were looking at 2019.