No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited August 2016 Posts: 199
    Looking at Daniel Craigs schedule for the next months, I still do not see a problem with him coming back to shoot end of 2017 for Bond 25. He shoots the Lucky Logan movie this month and then at the end of the year he's in Othello (until January), after that he'll be shooting the new Netflix tv show Purity - which surely won't take all of 2017 to film. Basically, it seems like Craig will be more than able to film Bond 25. The question will be whether he wants to. And that will depend on the script - which he will get first pass on. If he likes the story, he'll be back. Let's just hope EON have a bloody good story to entice him back. But things are looking very encouraging for Craig's return.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If he was too exhausted to return after SP - which was around the time that he had no other movies going on - I'd be surprised if he did Broadway, a lengthy TV show, a film, and then had the energy to return to do a final Bond movie.
  • Perhaps he evolved. This time, out of the gene pool.

Speaking of which, when we; humans; evolved next in billions of years time?

• edited August 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If he was too exhausted to return after SP - which was around the time that he had no other movies going on - I'd be surprised if he did Broadway, a lengthy TV show, a film, and then had the energy to return to do a final Bond movie.

I don't think the situations are comparable. SP was a long, continuous process, and he got injured as well. I can understand how he'd want a break from that (which he did) and do different kinds of work (which he's doing after the break, both this year and the next), and could then be happy to do more Bond again. Or not. But if not, it's not likely to be because he has done other work in between, instead of doing only Bond. I don't think it's a question of energy per se (he isn't old and seems healthy and fit), but doing varied things.

Imagine you'd only eat your fave food for weeks (or months)... no matter how much you like it, you'd want to have a different kind of meal eventually, right? After a couple of years you might just loooove to get a bit of that old fave again.

So, who knows.
    I dunno, I am pretty obsessed with my favorite foods...

As I've said, I'm still of the camp that believes he isn't returning; if he does, I suppose it will be a nice surprise.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    As I've said, I'm still of the camp that believes he isn't returning; if he does, I suppose it will be a nice surprise.

Talking about Mendes, there? ;)

Talking about Mendes, there? ;)

Of course, my favorite director in the entire series!!!
    I'm not in either camp at this point.

I'm not even sure what I'd prefer. He's a fab Bond and for that I'd want him back, but on the other hand I had plenty of issues with Spectre, and wouldn't want to see that story continued, nor Waltz or Seydoux back.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What if Campbell returned to complete the trilogy? Now, that would be something!
    Personally, if Campbell was returning, I'd rather him do his third Bond introduction in a row with a brand new actor. Start a new era off in the perfect way.
    That's what I mean, it would be great!
    That's what I mean, it would be great!

Absolutely! That man knows how to kick off a new era.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Daniel Craig to start filming 'Logan Lucky' from August 24th, 2016:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/filming-date-for-craig-s-logan-lucky-revealed-160804

If he does decide to return for Bond 25, this should not interfere with his schedule.
    It's obvious they're nowhere near the start of production for 'Bond 25,' so if he is to return, neither 'Logan Lucky' nor his Broadway work will interfere.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I think it's quite unlikely that B25 will be a continuation of SP's storyline.

With Mendes gone, that ship has probably sailed.

I just can't see why any director worth his/her salt would want to continue something that another director started & with his characters, all of whom were less than impressive (imho, and in the opinions of a fair amount of viewers) to demand further exploits.

After all, SP was an answer to some questions few members of the general public clamoured to know the answer to (e.g. what happened to Quantum, White etc.) and I don't see them digging into this further to satisfy fans of the film.

I could be wrong of course.
    I have a feeling B25 will be to SP what GE was to LTK, with or without Craig.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think it's quite unlikely that B25 will be a continuation of SP's storyline.

With Mendes gone, that ship has probably sailed.

I just can't see why any director worth his/her salt would want to continue something that another director started & with his characters, all of whom were less than impressive (imho, and in the opinions of a fair amount of viewers) to demand further exploits.

After all, SP was an answer to some questions few members of the general public clamoured to know the answer to (e.g. what happened to Quantum, White etc.) and I don't see them digging into this further to satisfy fans of the film.

I could be wrong of course.

I tend to agree, although pre-SP I was absolutely convinced Mendes would not entertain connecting his film to CR/QoS. There are a multitude of factors that will dictate what happens next, the key being Craig's return. Once we know that, we have reason to speculate, I feel.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's obvious they're nowhere near the start of production for 'Bond 25,' so if he is to return, neither 'Logan Lucky' nor his Broadway work will interfere.

The main unanswered question is whether Purity shoots all 20 episodes in 2017. If so, it could easily take six months (26 weeks), perhaps a bit longer. The plan is to show 10 episodes in 2017 and 10 in 2018.

The main unanswered question is whether Purity shoots all 20 episodes in 2017. If so, it could easily take six months (26 weeks), perhaps a bit longer. The plan is to show 10 episodes in 2017 and 10 in 2018.

Purity is a big ensemble peice and tells the stories of many different characters, one of whom will be Craig. He's not the star just one of many actors. It will not prohibit Craig from committing to other projects in late 2017, so don't bet against his return for Bond 25.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 90
    [url="http:// http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/poldarks-aidan-turner-reveals-who-8570650"]

Has anybody seen this Aidan Turner interview with the Daily Mirror? Very briefly mentions Bond. I think he's taking the right approach to it.[/url]
  • “I’d rather not say anything,” he says. “It seems like it’s the Judas kiss – once you comment on it, it disappears. It’s hugely coveted. Let’s see how it goes.”

That's the bit of interest btw.
    Indeed, he is handling the attention very well, unlike Elba and Hiddleston.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Elba imo is handling it very well. I don't think he cares about getting the role because he knows he won't get it but if people are championing for him to get the role, its a win-win situation; it's free publicity and keeps his profile high. Hiddleston on the other hand is a different story. He's desperate for the role and has attracted the wrong type of attention.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I'm not in either camp at this point.

I'm not even sure what I'd prefer. He's a fab Bond and for that I'd want him back, but on the other hand I had plenty of issues with Spectre, and wouldn't want to see that story continued, nor Waltz or Seydoux back.

Agreed.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 2,115
    SonofSean wrote: »

Purity is a big ensemble peice and tells the stories of many different characters, one of whom will be Craig. He's not the star just one of many actors. It will not prohibit Craig from committing to other projects in late 2017, so don't bet against his return for Bond 25.

But he's not just an actor in it. He's an executive producer. It still has the potential to take up six months or more of his time in 2017.

Hypothetical: Let's say it does take six months of his time in 2017. Does he then jump into a typical six- or seven-month Bond shoot in late 2017?
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 2,081
    SonofSean wrote: »

But he's not just an actor in it. He's an executive producer. It still has the potential to take up six months or more of his time in 2017.

Hypothetical: Let's say it does take six months of his time in 2017. Does he then jump into a typical six- or seven-month Bond shoot in late 2017?

Well, we have no idea. Might or might not. I see no reason why not. It's not unheard of for people to work far more than 6 months and a bit per year (he finishes with the play in January), or not need several months after each project before stating another. The main question surely is does he still want to do Bond rather than what he does before the next Bond shoot might even potentially start. And we don't know. So...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

It's not unheard of for people to work far more than 6 months and a bit per year

Tell me about it. I'm already in my 8th month of work this year.

Whilst I'm all for having Dan back there comes a point where EON need to say 'Look we're starting the next Bond film on this date. Are you in or not?'

And if the answer is 'I need a bit more rest' then they need to move on.

Yes making Bond is very long hours and physically demanding but so is being a nurse or working down a mine and those people do it all year round and don't get millions for doing it

Bond is a very cushy gig and it's about time someone pointed this out to Dan and told him to get his finger out.

The trouble is there seems to be no desire on EON's part to force the issue. None of us really know what the deal is with the studio negotiations but you don't get a sense that EON are trying to drive things forward to make 2018 possible.

It's not unheard of for people to work far more than 6 months and a bit per year

Tell me about it. I'm already in my 8th month of work this year.

Whilst I'm all for having Dan back there comes a point where EON need to say 'Look we're starting the next Bond film on this date. Are you in or not?'

And if the answer is 'I need a bit more rest' then they need to move on.

Yes making Bond is very long hours and physically demanding but so is being a nurse or working down a mine and those people do it all year round and don't get millions for doing it

Bond is a very cushy gig and it's about time someone pointed this out to Dan and told him to get his finger out.

The trouble is there seems to be no desire on EON's part to force the issue. None of us really know what the deal is with the studio negotiations but you don't get a sense that EON are trying to drive things forward to make 2018 possible.

Exactly, Lazy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Too much rest makes you lazy.
    Very lazy indeed. Seems to me like Eon have been coasting on the success of SF and SP and are no hurry to see what's next for 007. Did Cubby coast on the success of Moonraker and wait 4 years for the next entry? No he addressed various elements fans may have disliked in that film and brought Bond back down to earth in FYEO. After that film did he got the team ready for OP not passive aggressively waiting to see if the MGM/UA merger was going to go through.