No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    "Animal magnatism" I think Cubby called it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    "Animal magnatism" I think Cubby called it.

And Hiddleston has animal magnatism? :))
    No the Dreamboat Turner has it in buckets full. Get Turner Now ! :D
    He makes Connery, Eastwood and Statham all look Camp !
  • RC7RC7
    Jesus Christ, hilarious. Its hilarious watching people resort to sleight of hand and forced perspective to try and dismiss this guy offhand.

I don't think anyone is dismissing him, just saying that based on the evidence he doesn't appear to have the tools to hold court in a Bond flick. When you stand him up next to Hiddleston, who consistently steals the show in the Marvel films and is deemed worthy of a leading man role in High Rise (which incidentally he's brilliant in) he seems a little lightweight to me.
    I think Fassbender could have been an excellent Bond but surely he's too old?
    I too thought he was too old, as he seems to be around for a long time. Until
    someone posted here he was infact only 38 ( I think)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Until

He could be Turner's father! ;)
    :))
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Michael Fassbender: "I want to be James Bond".

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3933228

Make this happen! Fassbender is one of the greatest actor working today and the thought of him doing Bond would be such a coup for EON. Despite being an arthouse favourite and being in the X-men films (which are ensemble pieces by nature) he isn't a huge star or too big a name (arguably like Tom Hardy). He'd be a terrific Bond.

Michael-Fassbender-2015-Steve-Jobs-Premiere-London.jpg

Is Fassbender German-Irish?
    Yes.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Make this happen! Fassbender is one of the greatest actor working today and the thought of him doing Bond would be such a coup for EON. Despite being an arthouse favourite and being in the X-men films (which are ensemble pieces by nature) he isn't a huge star or too big a name (arguably like Tom Hardy). He'd be a terrific Bond.

So was Walt Disney is I'm not mistaken?
    Are we talking about Turner the dwarf, or Turner with the chiseled chin?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    I too thought he was too old, as he seems to be around for a long time. Until

He's 39, so if they went with him for a 2018 release he would be 41 in his first film, 1 year younger than PB in GE and 1 year older than TD in TLD. Fassbender is my choice of Bond - he's brilliant in Hunger.
    Agreed, seems young enough to me. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pierce was 40 when shooting GE.
    There's always genetics, Fassbender may stay looking young for a long time ?
    There's always genetics, Fassbender may stay looking young for a long time ?

Then you have people like Keanu Reeves, who decided to stop aging 20 years ago.
    :)) I was thinking of good old Sir Roger although older than Sir Sean,
    he looked a lot younger in LALD.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Fassbender is the ultimate choice for Bond. He has the perfect blend of sophistication, dark, machiavellian-ism, paired with great acting.

I don't think him saying he wants to be Bond diminishes his chances. I'd rather someone who actually wanted to do the part, then someone who didn't really care.
    I couldn't agree more.

Last year I was told by someone in the know that Eon are very interested in Fassbender.

Personally, he'd be my top choice.

Me too. Even though he is Magneto and has the Alien prequels going on, I would love Fassbender in the role. He would nail it and continue Craig's tradition of being a great actor in the role first, and the character 2nd.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

I just didn't think Fassbender really ever wanted the role.

Better than Hardy but with that hard edge.

Friend hovering there too.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Pierce was 40 when shooting GE.

@Creasy47 He was born in 1953, they were not filming GE in 1993, filming commenced on 16th January 1995, he was 41, then turned 42 during production, was 42 on release in November 1995.

edited May 2016 Posts: 40,601
    I had assumed they shot much earlier, for some reason. Either way, the math I did in my head was garbage.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brosnan wasn't picked up as Bond until June/July 1994?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm of the opinion that an actor can credibly play Bond up to his mid 50's, depending on his genetics. Cruise is in top shape and can go on for a few more years, as an example, and even Craig doesn't look too bad for a 50 yr old.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited May 2016 Posts: 2,498
    Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Logan Lucky’ As James Bond News Surfaces - Deadline

Daniel Craig and Katherine Heigl are said to be finalizing deals to join Steven Soderbergh’s heist film Logan Lucky about brothers who plan a crime during a NASCAR race in Charlotte. The film is scheduled for a fall start date, which puts further into question the actor’s willingness to return to the Bond franchise for MGM. Pre-production on Logan Lucky starts this weekend at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coca-Cola 600 and NASCAR says it has thrown its support behind the picture which is huge given that the sport has literally millions of fans across the country and advertisers flock to it. In fact, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has been the No. 1 or No. 2 most-watched sport of the weekend 10 times in 2016 and it has had about 40M unique TV viewers over the last 12 races.

There have been no negotiations on where the Bond movie will land (Sony or Warner Bros. are out front on this) and although it was thought that negotiations might start after the first quarter 2016, parties are not likely to engage in negotiations until later this year. There is no workable script yet and the creative elements have yet to come into place. It has also been widely reported (and confirmed by Deadline) that Jamie Bell has discussed the Bond role with his Film Stars Don’t Die movie producer Barbara Broccoli (who has long produced the Bond movies). Craig has been very vocal about not wanting to do another Bond. After Spectre, he said publicly that he would rather slash his wrists than do another in the franchise.

The actor has also signed up to star in a limited TV series Purity which is likely to be 20 episodes over two seasons and producer Scott Rudin and writer/director Todd Field are currently negotiating to set that up now. The series hopeful based on the novel by Jonathan Franzen is about young female activist named Purity (or Pip) who begins a worldwide search for her Dad. It marks Craig’s first TV series in the U.S.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Good thing Daniel is only 48. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Good thing Daniel is only 48. ;)
    Then the boy does look like the years are catching up to him, even though he's still built. I thought he was already 50.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tom Cruise is 53 years old in the picture below. I have no problem with an actor with that look and shape to be Bond in his mid 50's, assuming he's got already 3 or 4 outings under his belt.

13153465_10153791544100817_1085949432_n.jpg?oh=80a7594750df9f8bd64d7ef4a8b79101&oe=57490CB0
    Tom Cruise is 53 years old in the picture below. I have no problem with an actor with that look and shape to be Bond in his mid 50's, assuming he's got already 3 or 4 outings under his belt.

13153465_10153791544100817_1085949432_n.jpg?oh=80a7594750df9f8bd64d7ef4a8b79101&oe=57490CB0

I thought that was Richard Hammond at first!
    :)) I was trying to work out what he had in his pocket.