No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 5,185
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Why is EoN quiet? Why is Craig quiet? Why aren't they saying yay or nay? Or just anything?

I don't think there is anything to say right now.

Since we are only talking hypothetically here, my Personal feeling is, that EoN is working on a Bond Script for 25 atm.
    Craig wanted to have 6 Month off, depending on when his holiday started, he might still be chilling or rather saving the World in Istanbul (again)
    As soon as he's ready, Eon will Talk with him about whatever movie idea they have and then we will see from there if he think it's worth coming back or not.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, a Big dance routine in the next Bond ! ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,692
    Jamie Bell is so small he could walk under my kitchen table while standing straight.
    I think compact actors are the future, being smaller you can pack more action in to
    the movie. Just look at Tom Cruise amd the MI films. :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,158
    I think compact actors are the future, being smaller you can pack more action in to

You can see more of the explosion in the background. ;)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 709
    Let's not forget Babs hired Jamie Bell for that other film, and he's worked with Daniel Craig several times. So...hmm. And LOL the Daily Mail is fickle. I thought they told us Piddleston was playing Bond?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3608197/From-ballet-Bond-Billy-Elliot-star-Jamie-Bell-talks-producers-replace-Daniel-Craig-007.html

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Let's also not forget that Jamie Bell is so short he could star in Willow 2.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I'm all for Jamie Bell, he played an excellent Tintin.

You can see more of the explosion in the background. ;)

Imagine we could have actually seen something from the record breaking explosion in SP.
    Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Charlie Chaplin - all smaller than average, all achieved huge success in the film biz. Daniel Craig isn't that tall. In the Venice scene in CR and the tube scenes in SF he looks shorter than many male extras.

But James Bond is meant to be tall-ish. I suppose he can be a little shorter than ideal if the actor brings lots of Bondian qualities to the part but I can't see much Bond in Bell. I suppose any actor Babs Broccoli meets she thinks "hmm, could he replace Craig?" ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Charlie Chaplin - all smaller than average, all achieved huge success in the film biz. Daniel Craig isn't that tall. In the Venice scene in CR and the tube scenes in SF he looks shorter than many male extras.

But James Bond is meant to be tall-ish. I suppose he can be a little shorter than ideal if the actor brings lots of Bondian qualities to the part but I can't see much Bond in Bell. I suppose any actor Babs Broccoli meets she thinks "hmm, could he replace Craig?" ;)
    The opposite is true, I'd wager. I think if Barbara had her way, Daniel would be Bond till the day he died. Can't say I blame her on that one. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    The media people are really out of their minds with all these choices on their lists. Heavens, leave the Bond subject to those who know it. Or...

"Stop getting Bond wrong!"
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Has there been any articles about Jason Statham's chance to be the next Bond? We always get some of this too.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They'll brag about him being "too masculine" for the role.

Yep, I've heard that before. :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has there been any articles about Jason Statham's chance to be the next Bond? We always get some of this too.

Jaime Bell just popped up with these fake negotiations, so I'm sure Statham isn't too far behind!
    " We meet at last Mr Bond"
    " Hey, leave it out you slag !" :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    " We meet at last Mr Bond"
    " Hey, leave it out you slag !" :D

Edited. Please keep it clean
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    We need news

X(
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 9,782
    At least on a new bond video game or adult bond novel heck it seems the comic books are all that is left for bond fans right now
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Or just watch Bond films or read Bond books.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Regards SP screenwriter John Logan, latest issue of Total Film magazine has a brief interview with him about Alien: Covenant, which he is scripting. They ask him about Bond 25 and his brief reply "Believe me, I'm not thinking anything past Alien!" They say he is as yet unconfirmed for writing duties on 25! Wasn't it stated that he was going to script Bond 25, AND 26 at one time?

Whaaat? After what happened during the pre-production of Spectre, it would be absolute lunacy to ask him to script Bond 25. I really hope this rumour isn't true.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Regards SP screenwriter John Logan, latest issue of Total Film magazine has a brief interview with him about Alien: Covenant, which he is scripting. They ask him about Bond 25 and his brief reply "Believe me, I'm not thinking anything past Alien!" They say he is as yet unconfirmed for writing duties on 25! Wasn't it stated that he was going to script Bond 25, AND 26 at one time?

Whaaat? After what happened during the pre-production of Spectre, it would be absolute lunacy to ask him to script Bond 25. I really hope this rumour isn't true.

I don't think he is. He may think he is but please no.

I wonder if EoN realizes how a lot of us feel or if they just judge everything by the numbers or what everyone else is doing?

They still need to respond to rumors unless they are trying to cement a deal in play.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Logan isn't involved at all. He himself elected to no longer work on such movie projects at least for the near future based on the shambolic experience he had working on SP. I think it was @suivez who posted quite a bit of info on this in early 2015.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Logan isn't involved at all. He himself elected to no longer work on such movie projects at least for the near future based on the shambolic experience he had working on SP. I think it was @suivez who posted quite a bit of info on this in early 2015.

That's what I believe and hope.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    We need news

X(

We hope so.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Its such a sadness. I don't like SF, but I now envy that period (just 4 years ago), when Bond as a franchise seemed so secure and everything looked so positive for the future. Now everything is shattered, the energy is gone, and there is no word on when the franchise will return. I guess we're in that lull, but we have no idea when things will start to look up. Again, such a sadness.
    Sadly, as long as MGM is involved with it, the future of the Bond franchise will never be secure.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Come on people, let's have some enthusiasm. Did people think Bond was dead after Moonraker and Die Another Day? Spectre wasn't bad like some people make it out to be. Bond is back on his legs and at a new golden period. Bond isn't going anywhere and this is certainly not the end.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Murdock wrote: »
    Come on people, let's have some enthusiasm. Did people think Bond was dead after Moonraker and Die Another Day? Spectre wasn't bad like some people make it out to be. Bond is back on his legs and at a new golden period. Bond isn't going anywhere and this is certainly not the end.
    Fully agreed. The future of Bond may be uncertain, but there's no reason to be pessimistic.