No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Not sure how I feel about Hiddleston. It's an iffy subject. At this point I'm still praying Craig does at least one more movie then I'll accept the successor talk.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I do believe Craig will do one more. Based on my instincts.
    Craig just turned 48. November 2018 is a possible release date for Bond 25, meaning he'll be 50 and he's looking a lot older in the face if I'm being honest. I really don't want to see a 50+ year old man seducing 20 something women. He's had a good innings but James Bond is eternally 35. Time for a new Bond.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Imo, he lacks warmth. He has a bit of that cold Fish feeling for me.

But yeah, since I want Daniel to quit, why not?

You do? Or was that sarcasm?

No, but I have said so a couple of times already. Time to move on and get his arse out of the line of fire. If the next one stinks or due to all this rumour ballade, people are ready for a new one, he has killed his legacy. Better get out, while you still can with decency.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hiddleston's great, but I don't think about the future when our present is so promising.

When people hear about Dan's swan song Bond film, it will be crazy. Everyone will see this film on principle alone. We've never had a Bond era with such heavy continuity reach such an end; it'll be entirely new for the franchise, a breath of fresh air.

I just want one last ride with Dan, in a film with a complex conclusion true to his work on Bond that has depth and consequence and mystery, then I am happy to say goodbye. But not yet.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Craig+Campbell+ Arnold = Bond 25
    Hiddleston's great, but I don't think about the future when our present is so promising.

When people hear about Dan's swan song Bond film, it will be crazy. Everyone will see this film on principle alone. We've never had a Bond era with such heavy continuity reach such an end; it'll be entirely new for the franchise, a breath of fresh air.

I just want one last ride with Dan, in a film with a complex conclusion true to his work on Bond that has depth and consequence and mystery, then I am happy to say goodbye. But not yet.

That is certainly a good point.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I respect his integrity and honesty in saying he will only do another if his heart is in it. He has had time to think this through and I'm sure he will make the best decision. If he chooses to return, it will be a superb Bond film, of that I have no doubt.
    What about Hidd being Loki, and the possibility that he could be in more marvel movies?Could that effect his chances of being cast?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What about Hidd being Loki, and the possibility that he could be in more marvel movies?Could that effect his chances of being cast?

Sadly it will.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Picking an actor like Hiddleston for the next Bond is key, for sure. He's classically trained and knows the art of theatrical acting. Being a stage actor, he has had years of practice in using his body language and presence to convey feelings to an audience without words, and in very compelling ways. Because Bond can be this kind of character at times, very inward, it's a great trait for an actor to have. Sean and Dan play those quiet moments so well, so much so that you can tell what they're thinking and feeling without them having to say a word.

I still hold that Bond #7 will likely be someone we haven't even placed on our radars yet. That said, getting someone classically trained would be brilliant, someone who fits the similar mold of Dan. Someone who can play deep character roles and play quiet moments with great depth and range. Understanding Bond and "getting" what he's going through and why he's doing what he's doing are essential to following him on his journey.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Sadly it will.

On the plus side. Marvel at least have their film universe mapped out years in advanced, so they/he would have some idea when Loki is going to be featured next.

When Craig is finished I want a Bond actor who will commit to the series long term. No film to film basis Contract. A multi picture deal.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 613
    Ya I would settle for nothing less than a 4 or 5 picture deal.That way the could just focus on the films and not trying to persuade the actor to do more.
    Wasn't it announced a good while ago that Craig was contracted for five films?

The way I understand it, for a while Dan has been on a film by film contract. I think post SP he has the option to move on or sign for another. Instead of doing multi film contracts with him, every time he wants to do another film he signs a contract for that film and that film alone. That's the sense I get.

So we're so many rumors when it came to Craig's contract. One rumor was his first contract was 2 films with an option of a 3rd. Then there was a rumor that he signed another contract for 2 films Spectre and Bond 25. Then there was a rumor where he signed up for 5 more Bond films after Skyfall. Now the truth really does seam that Craig is just on a film by film contract like how Moore was from Moonraker to AVTAK..
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'm in with Hiddy or Hardy.
    I reckon he had the same contract as Moore and Brossa. 3 films with the option of doing a 4th! After that its contract by contract. I think Dalton had the same, but because of the long gap after LTK, asked to be let out of his contract. (Right up to preproduction on GE, he was stating he was going to star!). Hope I'm wrong though, and he has a contract for 5!
    He has an open contract, as Michael did say. So, nothing to nail him.
    Still convinced he will do a fifth and final movie!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I too hope he'll do one more, to finish off Blofeld in one epic conclusion movie. :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I too hope he'll do one more, to finish off Blofeld in one epic conclusion movie. :)

Except Waltz would like to do two more. Stay tuned. The plot thickens.
    that is good news it can only bring more reasons for Craig to stay.
    TripAces wrote: »

Except Waltz would like to do two more. Stay tuned. The plot thickens.

I'm sure Waltz would like to return. It's a well paid gig, but his Blofeld was a big disappointment. He wasn't sinister or scary, just sort of bland. He schemed and stroked cats but did little else. And honestly, I think anyone can play Blofeld. I don't think the same actor has played him twice. Apart from Mike Myers
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I thought he was fine. With a better script for B25 he could easily be just as bad as Hans Landa.
    he was great just not what was expected.
  • Yes, bring back Madeleine and Blofeld in B25. Then kill off Blofeld and SPECTRE in an epic finale and tie up the love story so we can start fresh with B26 where we will go back to good old-fashioned 'missions' for crying out loud.
    I honestly think Craig looked too old to be dating Madeleline anyway. In some scenes he looked more like her father. I think they should reboot now.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd like to see them finish off the story arc with the same acting team. After that
    Perhaps change to a younger actor. As always, I'll be letting Eon know that I'm
    Available. ;)