No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

fjdinardo wrote: »
    The first female director could be interesting

Why?

It would certainly create a buzz. Whether good or bad, such a move would get a lot of attention.

Bingo

Call me Bwana, but I care more about quality than attention.

Why?

It would certainly create a buzz. Whether good or bad, such a move would get a lot of attention.

When I see the reactions on Sam Smith and again on his win of the Academy Award, I can imagine what primitive reaction a female director would get. And now imagine it would not be a white female director.

Thinking about it, I almost hope EON will hire a coloured female director who is openly gay, just to see all those small-minded bigots combust >:)

Yeah, that's about the size of you people's minds. Merit can go to blazes just so long as chocolate snowflakes and the sexually defective can feel good about themselves.

Bounine wrote: »
    That would be interesting having the first woman to direct a Bond film. I've always wondered why there aren't more female directors around.

I really hope Craig will return. I will feel short changed if he doesn't return, content if he returns for one more and overjoyed if he does two more. I'm sure it won't happen but I think it would be fantastic if they shot two Bond films back to back with Craig before he really starts showing his age. I know it would be hard on him but I feel that it would be a lot easier if he stopped doing his own stunts now. He keeps hurting himself. Film two films back to back. Release Bond 25 in 2018 I guess, then Bond 26 a year and a half to two years later.

Just in case I forget, Many Happy Returns Mr Craig (for birthdays and Bond films :) ) for tomorrow! He shares the same birth date as twins I am friends with.

For much the same reason female physicists are not heavy on the ground.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Why?

When I see the reactions on Sam Smith and again on his win of the Academy Award, I can imagine what primitive reaction a female director would get. And now imagine it would not be a white female director.

Thinking about it, I almost hope EON will hire a coloured female director who is openly gay, just to see all those small-minded bigots combust >:)

Yeah, that's about the size of you people's minds. Merit can go to blazes just so long as chocolate snowflakes and the sexually defective can feel good about themselves.

In other words, there are no good female and/or black and/or gay directors out there that could do a Bond movie?? Oh Dear...
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Why?

In other words, there are no good female and/or black and/or gay directors out there that could do a Bond movie?? Oh Dear...

....and gasp what if the gay black female director was ....*gulp* American..

(sorry, I went too far, didn't I :'( )
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Why?

....and gasp what if the gay black female director was ....*gulp* American..

(sorry, I went too far, didn't I :'( )

Yes, that did it. This thread will combust in 10...9...8...7...6...
    :))

Why?

If such a person was TRULY the best candidate to direct a Bond film, then so be it. But when such people "achieve" some feat, it is never because of merit and always because of the culture of affirmative action. In virtual certainty, any director possessing all identity traits so beloved by the PC, would produce a train wreck of a Bond film.

If there any truth to the rumor that Waltz is signed on for Bond 25 & 26 only if Craig comes back?

Why?

Why not?
    If there any truth to the rumor that Waltz is signed on for Bond 25 & 26 only if Craig comes back?

What I find more interesting is that Imdb lists Bond 25 with Daniel Craig and John Logan.

As for Waltz returning, I don't see it.
    Lately people seem to think characters that don't die will return.

Bellucci, Bautista, Waltz, Seydoux - they all could return, even Hinx. There have been much more unrealistic "resurrections".

But what sense would it make. People don't want Bond to be a continuing story. They never did, they never will.
    I wouldn't mind and director taking on 007 provided the following chracterstic is meet.

They tell a good story.

Directors are largely story tellers using actors props locations etc to tell their story. I don't think a persons ethnicity sexual orientation or gender would impact the general sense of who the character of bond is either the director gets it or they don't. For all we know Wes Craven (rip) could of given us the greatest bond film ever where Tom Holland could give us the weakest. I am guessing here but you never know. For me Forester understood the character better then Mendes in my opinion.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

What I find more interesting is that Imdb lists Bond 25 with Daniel Craig and John Logan.

Bellucci, Bautista, Waltz, Seydoux - they all could return, even Hinx. There have been much more unrealistic "resurrections".

But what sense would it make. People don't want Bond to be a continuing story. They never did, they never will.

The Craig era has already been one big interconnected story, so why not finish as such? :)

The Craig era has already been one big interconnected story, so why not finish as such? :)

Yes, but with no recurring characters, except Mr. White. I'd rather have them bring back Jeffrey Wright as Felix.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Yes, but with no recurring characters, except Mr. White. I'd rather have them bring back Jeffrey Wright as Felix.

I would love it if Wright's Felix returned for Bond 25. At least he got a mention in Spectre.
    I see no problem with Blofeld coming back and madeline.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Same here. I want them back to finish what Spectre started. :)
    You dont have introduced Blofeld just to forget about him after one film. Totally crazy idea IMO. Of course, he will be back. And yes, DCs Bonds have been continuous. They not gonna stop now. New actor, new game, of course.

If they let Logan anywhere near a script, they are out of their minds.
    Craig and Waltz will both be back for at least one more, maybe two. I have a feeling if Craig does Bond 25 (and it's not marketed as his last), things will settle down, people will just flat out think of him as Bond and no one else, and he will then do a sixth.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Craig and Waltz will both be back for at least one more, maybe two. I have a feeling if Craig does Bond 25 (and it's not marketed as his last), things will settle down, people will just flat out think of him as Bond and no one else, and he will then do a sixth.

Let's hope so, by goodness!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The_Reaper wrote: »

That would make me happy. I want that to happen. I can't see anyone other than Craig as Bond right now.
    Ya that would be fantastic.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Why?

Why not?

I didn't say "not." I simply want to understand why a female director of Bond is intrinsically interesting. Perhaps it has something to do with the Feminine Sublime.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    You dont have introduced Blofeld just to forget about him after one film.

If Craig returns, Blofeld will probably return too, but if the only reason for bringing him back is - we didn't introduce him to finish him off in one film, than that's ridiculous, IMO. They should bring him back only if they actually have something to offer.

Blofeld as a villain doesn't guarantee bigger box office and more critically acclaimed film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Blofeld as a villain doesn't guarantee bigger box office and more critically acclaimed film.
    For the majority of the movie going audience, and myself, I think this is true. I've said before that I've found most of the other Bond villains far more interesting than any screen iteration of Blofeld, bar the unseen ones.

On top of that, I don't think too many of today's audiences are all that familiar with Blofeld and his importance to the world of Bond.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I though Waltz, was good but understated in SP and thought at the end, he's bound to be back
    to Bother Bond again in the next film. Perhaps a little more unhinged.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Waltz 'unhinged' could be very interesting. The trouble is he carries a lot of baggage as an actor. The expectations of him (due to his work with Tarantino) are quite high, in a dramatic sense.
    Bigelow would be terrific. She's talented and skilled in all the ways that could make for a great Bond film. But I think the chances of EON getting her to take on a Bond film are slim to none. But who knows.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think that's why he did the unexpected in SP, we all thought we knew what to expect, but
    we were fooled. He knows what he's doing, he's another very talented guy.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 871
    bondjames wrote: »
    I've found most of the other Bond villains far more interesting than any screen iteration of Blofeld

Me too. Largo, Klebb, Goldfinger, Le Chiffre, Dr. No, Kamal Khan, Sanchez, are all more interesting than Blofeld, IMO.

Blofeld will return. I think Waltz can make it better than the previous ones, although the rest are underrated to a certain extent. He's supposed to be the guy behind the scenes, pulling the strings, not actively involved in a physical sense, much like Moriarty for Sherlock Holmes. Blofeld is an enigma and I think they portrayed that well in SP.