No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I love Craig's Bond. But I think that he should quit now. I want to see another actor go at it. In general I think 4 is enough for any Bond actor. Any Moore ( ;) ) and it kind of gets tiring imo. There are benefits of him staying on or off, but in the end it's up to Craig.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Still convinced he will do a fifth and final movie!

Me, too!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Still convinced he will do a fifth and final movie!

Me, too!
    Better make that three.
    They will never kill off Blofeld! Look how long it has took to get the rights to him!
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    They will never kill off Blofeld! Look how long it has took to get the rights to him!

Yes it did take a while but Blofeld and Spectre are just bogging down the series, it's clear that the writers can't use the idea of a large criminal syndicate very well. They should let it just bow out gracefully and in an epic finale so that they can start fresh with a new Bond actor with new ideas.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    P+W+L should never again come near a Bond movie.

Next time they will re-use their re-usage of TWINE called SF and Moneypenny will have a dark secret, the villain, an ex-MI6 employee will lure her into her parent's old mansion.
    Q and Bond will have to travel there somewhere in Scotland to get her back.
    But not before the villain, let's call him Alec Silvan, has managed to drop an airplane on the MI6 headquarters, they once again get destroyed.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,423

Yes it did take a while but Blofeld and Spectre are just bogging down the series, it's clear that the writers can't use the idea of a large criminal syndicate very well. They should let it just bow out gracefully and in an epic finale so that they can start fresh with a new Bond actor with new ideas.
    Spectre's new concept was actually very well built, if only they could up their game and insert a little more horrifying and creepy aspects into the organization it would certainly be a very interesting feature in the Bond series, again, as Hydra is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (especially the Agents of SHIELD television series). The thing is, compressing two films into one with Spectre undermined both the main villain's presence and the organization's effective purposes. That's why they should bring in writers who know how to put spectacular aspects into it. And dare I say, I'd strafe away from the verisimilitude surface genre if I were them and keep it apolitical.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Next time they will re-use their re-usage of TWINE called SF and Moneypenny will have a dark secret, the villain, an ex-MI6 employee will lure her into her parent's old mansion.
    But not before the villain, let's call him Alec Silvan, has managed to drop an airplane on the MI6 headquarters, they once again get destroyed.

Yup they are tapped out of ideas.... they should have stopped writing Bond long BEFORE TWINE. :P
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Not related to Bond, but Tom Hiddleston apparently will star in a sequel to The Night Manager alongside Hugh Lawrie, which will have an original script written for it since a followup book doesn't really exist. I think this would be a closer opportunity for the man to become the next Bond in the next five years.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-05/bbc-in-talks-about-a-second-series-of-tom-hiddleston-and-hugh-laurie-drama-the-night-manager
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited March 2016 Posts: 252

Great!
    Well to be fair to Neal & Wade they were supposed to be finished with Bond after Skyfall. They wanted to leave, but Mendes and the producers begged them to comeback and fix the messy script Logan had wrote.
    Well, they showed them the door and Mendes had to bow real deep to get them back.
    I don't understand, why Logan would be at the premiere. Are they really still friendly with him? He did cost them time and money.
    Well I think his script did offer some good ideas but not sure why they abandoned their rule of always returning to Fleming. Logan's Blofeld wasn't Blofeld at all.
    Interpret the story however you like, but change any aspect or feature of the character from his origins? Then, you'll get a discredit from me.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Purvis & Wade are fine. Add someone else, fine. Keep Logan away permanently.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And again, just saying I do not want Hiddleston as Bond at any time.
    Define "fine"? :D
    Thinking about it, I'd very much like to see Idris Elba or Tom Hiddleston as villains.
    idris yes but we have seen to much of hidd as the villain.The craig movies have already hired villains that were great in other bad guy roles, silva no country and waltz inglorious basterds we don't need a 3 peat with loki.
    Yikes... 10-15 pages of pure speculation. I thought this was the B25 production diary!
    isn't that all we got right now we aren't getting much info on the movie.
    OK. So can someone sum up the B25 news/info? Or do I have to browse through 81 pages?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's mostly mindless complaining. =))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    OK. So can someone sum up the B25 news/info? Or do I have to browse through 81 pages?
    For everyone wanting to keep a tab on the production, there is a timeline on the OP that I continually update after each tidbit of news.
    Don't forget the whining updates; Elba is Black, Hiddy too white/scrawny, SP was great and you're an idiot, SP was crap and you're an idiot,America is stupid, Elba is Black and old, and repeat.... :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Elba is Black ? ..... can't say I ever noticed. :P :D
    Elba is Black ? ..... can't say I ever noticed. :P :D

....and old. Don't forget old.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Who's Elba?
    Elba is a beautiful island in Tuscany, Italy.

It's not black though, but old, really old.
    Elba is a beautiful island in Tuscany, Italy.

It's not black though, but old, really old.
    Sounds like a great location for a future Bond film.