No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Germanlady wrote: »
    You dont have introduced Blofeld just to forget about him after one film. Totally crazy idea IMO. Of course, he will be back. And yes, DCs Bonds have been continuous. They not gonna stop now. New actor, new game, of course.

If they let Logan anywhere near a script, they are out of their minds.

I so agree 100% with you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think Blofeld up to this point hasn't been used interestingly enough to reach his full potential. He's never felt like the Moriarty of Bond's world to me as he should. Telly's time in the role was a shining moment, but again, fleeting. There wasn't the chance like there is now for one actor and one actor alone to play Blofeld, so we'll see how he develops if Waltz and Dan return.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2016 Posts: 12,459
    EON did not get the rights back to have that character in only one film. That would not be good business sense. And personally, I do want Blofeld back, with Craig's Bond, to finish that arc.
    You dont have introduced Blofeld just to forget about him after one film. Totally crazy idea IMO. Of course, he will be back. And yes, DCs Bonds have been continuous. They not gonna stop now. New actor, new game, of course.

After reading the leaked emails, and how livid BB was at Logan, Donald Duck has a better chance of scripting the next Bond film than Logan.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Murdock wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Craig and Waltz will both be back for at least one more, maybe two. I have a feeling if Craig does Bond 25 (and it's not marketed as his last), things will settle down, people will just flat out think of him as Bond and no one else, and he will then do a sixth.

That would make me happy. I want that to happen. I can't see anyone other than Craig as Bond right now.

That's the problem for me too-- it's like taking all the actors I like and forcing their square peg through a circle (pun kinda intended).

I just can't imagine anyone at this point.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    smitty wrote: »

After reading the leaked emails, and how livid BB was at Logan, Donald Duck has a better chance of scripting the next Bond film than Logan.

Yea I think that was just a guess or assumption. ...although Donald Duck might do a better job. We at least know his dialogue would be better than P&W's :P
    I love Donald Duck. So do my kids. His cartoons are hilarious. Lots of very clever stuff that kids don't always pick up. Me either.
    I was always partial to daffy myself.
    Blofeld as a villain doesn't guarantee bigger box office and more critically acclaimed film.
    There was a time when Bond movies weren't "critically acclaimed" but were huge box office successes. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

As, for Blofeld not guaranteeing bigger box office - well, let's not forget that Spectre was actually sold on the premise that Christoph Waltz was playing Franz Oberhauser and NOT Blofeld, much like Benedict Cumberbatch's Khan was in Star Trek Into Darkness. Sure, everyone knows it now, but up to and during the movie's release date a huge swathe of the population was mostly following the marketing campaign and avoiding spoilers.
    If they're going to have a new Blofeld back but a different actor, then I think that they should have him shrouded in shadow for the entire film. They could have some dialogue suggesting that he has developed a complex regarding his wounds and can't stand people seeing them. They definitely need to bring Blofeld back though for atleast another two films. Unless of course they decide to have a different leader of Spectre like what John Gardner did in his Bond novels in the 80's. Blofeld is an iconic character in the Bond world though so I feel it would be a shame not to have him back.

Anyway, my idea of having a Blofeld hidden in shadow could be difficult as there must be a scene depicting how he got out of prison and such a scene wouldn't do justice unless Blofeld was in it himself and it would be unrealistic to have him shrouded in shadow I guess until he's back in his lair. Maybe his wounds could have become infected so he has a bandage around his face.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I'd love to see Blofeld escape, but then have to reclaim his throne after new people have swooped in to take control in his absence. It could add an interesting element to the film, and because both Blofeld and Silva viewed what Bond stands for to be a crumbling, outdated empire, it'd be a nice parallel when the man's own organization is falling apart before his eyes.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Naomie Harris: 'Daniel Craig deserves more respect as James Bond'

Actress Naomie Harris wishes critics would give Daniel Craig more credit for "reinventing" the role of James Bond.

The British beauty has starred alongside the 47-year-old in two 007 movies, including last year's (15) smash hit Spectre, and while it's believed the movie will be Daniel's last outing as the superspy, Naomie thinks it's disrespectful to be discussing his successor before a final decision has been made.

"I feel it's premature, because I feel as though Daniel doesn't get the sort of respect and admiration he deserves," she told Elle.com. "He completely reinvented that role of Bond, and he has made it the most successful Bond of all time. People are turning out in droves to see him as Bond.

"So I think we should celebrate the fact that we have an amazing Bond and no one knows whether Daniel's going to come back or not."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd love to see Blofeld escape, but then have to reclaim his thrown after new people have swooped in to take control in his absence. It could add an interesting element to the film, and because both Blofeld and Silva viewed what Bond stands for to be a crumbling, outdated empire, it'd be a nice parallel when the man's own organization is falling apart before his eyes.
    This would be interesting. Regarding his escape, I've been envisioning a brief, Bond-less PTS of one of Blofeld's goons aiding him in his escape out of Belmarsh.
    No!!!! I've got an even better PTS we have a faceless character breaking into Belmarsh to get Blofeld out. After a life or death escape from the guard and a jaw dropping stunt or two. Blofeld who has been manhandled and had a black sack over his head is thrown into the back of a van and his saviour is none other than Bond!

Blofeld is lost for words and Bond says something witty and cryptic. Cue title sequence!
    00Dalton wrote: »
    No!!!! I've got an even better PTS we have a faceless character breaking into Belmarsh to get Blofeld out. After a life or death escape from the guard and a jaw dropping stunt or two. Blofeld who has been manhandled and had a black sack over his head is thrown into the back of a van and his saviour is none other than Bond!

Blofeld is lost for words and Bond says something witty and cryptic. Cue title sequence!

Maybe he should say 'Time to get out'
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 2,483
    Birdleson wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    The first female director could be interesting

Why?

It would certainly create a buzz. Whether good or bad, such a move would get a lot of attention.

When I see the reactions on Sam Smith and again on his win of the Academy Award, I can imagine what primitive reaction a female director would get. And now imagine it would not be a white female director.

Thinking about it, I almost hope EON will hire a coloured female director who is openly gay, just to see all those small-minded bigots combust >:)

Yeah, that's about the size of you people's minds. Merit can go to blazes just so long as chocolate snowflakes and the sexually defective can feel good about themselves.

In other words, there are no good female and/or black and/or gay directors out there that could do a Bond movie?? Oh Dear...

If such a person was TRULY the best candidate to direct a Bond film, then so be it. But when such people "achieve" some feat, it is never because of merit and always because of the culture of affirmative action. In virtual certainty, any director possessing all identity traits so beloved by the PC, would produce a train wreck of a Bond film.

I agree that such appointment, at this point in time, may be for purely political reasons, which would make the choice suspect. However, in the end the work will speak, and the issue will be laid to rest if the product is strong.

On a side note, in response to the post above, I will go on record as saying I am a strong proponent of affirmative action. I've seen what my countrymen can and will do if left unfettered.

Sorry, but the Supremes have already ruled that discrimination, both past and present, is no longer significant enough to justify discrimination in favor of groups preferred by the state. The only legal rationale--and it is a daft one--is "diversity."

Personally, I favor everybody in the private sector being able to hire, fire, promote and admit whomsoever they choose for whatever reason. Private property rights and freedom of association should trump--so to speak--what we call "civil rights."

tanaka123 wrote: »
    00Dalton wrote: »

Maybe he should say 'Time to get out'

Lol.maybe not. Seriously though flip he whole thing and Bond breaking Blofeld out for his own reasons would be interesting if contrived...ah I suppose it would make little sense.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Seems a bit too Jack Bauer-ish.
    It'd be a bit 24 though - like Jack breaking out Tony Almeyda in Season 7.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Blofeld escaping is Bound to be in the PTS of the next Bond ?
    Or maybe Blofeld doesn't even make it to the prison ala Sanchez LTK escape like
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wonder if he escapes will they use the line about having people everywhere again ?
    EON did not get the rights back to have that character in only one film. That would not be good business sense. And personally, I do want Blofeld back, with Craig's Bond, to finish that arc.

Yeah, that's a really good point there, my friend. :\">

EON has plans in place, they know what's happening behind the scenes, they know what they have in Waltz and Craig. Neither are going anywhere, not after the last two films have made 2 billion dollars. C'mon, now. People gotta know better than that.
    Post Craig era is gonna feel such a downer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Not necessarily. If we indeed have a new Bond for B25, all evidence suggests it will be brilliant, because all the first films from a new actor have been excellent imho.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,020
    bondjames wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If we indeed have a new Bond for B25, all evidence suggests it will be brilliant, because all the first films from a new actor have been excellent imho.

Good point!

In fact all of them are in my Top 12 except Dr. No

I think this leads people into unrealistic expectations that may come back to bite them in the tuchus.

I'm partially with @LeChiffre here, though I still hold out hope for the future. Post Craig life will be like mourning a solid, good friend for me. If the Craig era is childhood, post-Craig is adulthood; you so enjoy the former that you can't stand accepting the latter, though you know it has to come eventually.

One thing I'm proud of has been seeing the respect for the work Dan has done continue to climb, with many people who were skeptical or critical of his films finding things to enjoy. It's extremely gratifying.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883

I think this leads people into unrealistic expectations that may come back to bite them in the tuchus.

I'm partially with @LeChiffre here, though I still hold out hope for the future. Post Craig life will be like mourning a solid, good friend for me. If the Craig era is childhood, post-Craig is adulthood; you so enjoy the former that you can't stand accepting the latter, though you know it has to come eventually.

One thing I'm proud of has been seeing the respect for the work Dan has done continue to climb, with many people who were skeptical or critical of his films finding things to enjoy. It's extremely gratifying.
    I can appreciate your feelings about Craig, and he has been a great Bond. However, if he's gone (yet to be known) then he's gone, and as I said, the evidence is very encouraging. EON seems to really deliver when they have a new Bond in tow, because they know they have to establish this chap with certainty to a global audience. The higher the pressure, the better they seem to become.
    What wouldn't be encouraging to me is how the era ended. Honestly, I like SP's game changer ending, but it's not something you go out on. But I've said my piece on this before, so no need to go there.

It'll be interesting when Bond #7 is cast, because EON might not have Campbell on board to do his magic for the third time.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Naomie Harris: 'Daniel Craig deserves more respect as James Bond'

Actress Naomie Harris wishes critics would give Daniel Craig more credit for "reinventing" the role of James Bond.

The British beauty has starred alongside the 47-year-old in two 007 movies, including last year's (15) smash hit Spectre, and while it's believed the movie will be Daniel's last outing as the superspy, Naomie thinks it's disrespectful to be discussing his successor before a final decision has been made.

"I feel it's premature, because I feel as though Daniel doesn't get the sort of respect and admiration he deserves," she told Elle.com. "He completely reinvented that role of Bond, and he has made it the most successful Bond of all time. People are turning out in droves to see him as Bond.

"So I think we should celebrate the fact that we have an amazing Bond and no one knows whether Daniel's going to come back or not."

I bet Daniel Craig will come back to play Britain's famous superspy whatsoever for the next Bond movie or he might replaced by another famous actor if changed his mind.