No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    bondjames wrote: »
    That scene in the desert in SP just before he walks into the meteor room was near embarrassing imho. The suit pant was just way too tight, and I wasn't specifically looking at his bum. It was just noticeable.

In an interview he said he did split his pants during those scenes. Perhaps if he does another one, it will be a wake up call.

Why did they change to Jany in the first place? Of course, a new woman will bring her own imagination. With all the cloud he surely has, its surely not the case, that they will dress him in a way, they dont like themselves.
    During SF it was the way to dress als a modern man And I dont ill fitting in Sp.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 725
    Jany had nothing to do with it. Pictures of Craig in non Bond settings, show him in the same way too tight suits. I've seen some pictures where he looked laughable his suit was so small. It's his lousy taste, not hers.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They really should let go of these tight clothes. It's not Bondian, at all. The suit he wore in Italy didn't make him look like a sophisticated spy. It made him look like a fashion celebrity heading to a fashion festival.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    So glad Ian Fleming created James Bond and not Jane Bond. Cause then we be talking about what kind of dresses she be wearing from all different designers lol

...and lipstick colour not matching, cleavage issues and cellulite problems :))

Omg yes. We also be talking about what kind of Bond boy she get lol
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They really should let go of these tight clothes. It's not Bondian, at all. The suit he wore in Italy didn't make him look like a sophisticated spy. It made him look like a fashion celebrity heading to a fashion festival.
    Yes, I didn't like that look at all, including the naff tie pin.
    Can you imagine? The furor every time a new 'Jane' was cast? We'd be going crazy here debating if she was 'worthy'.

It be so chaotic
  • Craig looked spectacular in every suit and cloth he was wearing in Spectre, but I give it to you that this is a matter of taste.

Craig finally hit it 100% performance wise as James Bond. Only Connery was better in Bond 1-4.

Craig didn't look bored. He had fun all the way, and walked through the picture with ease and self-confidence galore. He was moving smoothly.

Agreed. SP has its faults, but DC's performance is not among them. His portrayal of Bond has always had a bit of cockiness to it, but in SP he really brings it to the fore. Reminds me somewhat of Laz's portrayal, but performed with greater polish.
    I thought Craig nailed his Bond in SP. I just disliked the tight suits.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've never really had problems with the suits, and definitely not those used in SP. While things got a bit too tightly fit in SF, especially the opening gray one, I still didn't mind them. Craig can pull anything off and make it look immediately Bondian.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I've never really had problems with the suits, and definitely not those used in SP. While things got a bit too tightly fit in SF, especially the opening gray one, I still didn't mind them. Craig can pull anything off and make it look immediately Bondian.

This
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Personally, I don't want Jany Temime to make a comeback. Bond's suits are getting tighter and smaller the more we advance through the films. I do miss Lindy Hemming.

Agreed. I said it the other day, but in SP, it's most noticeable to me as he's sitting on the couch during the PTS; one wrong move and those shirt buttons are flying off.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Are you guys still on the damned suits!?! I gave it a couple of days, thinking you'd have moved on.

I was actually quiet on it until I noticed it was brought up again.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 832
    First 75 pages of this thread and basically nothing happens, we will be on 1,000 by the time the film comes out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    74 pages of "Is Dan still Bond? Has he moved on?!" and one page of "the suits were an eye sore."

Is my math right?
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 613
    are you guys ok with the last 2 bonds making 4 movies? I personally think 4 is not enough but 5 is perfect so I really hope Craig is not in the same boat as Pierce, but Im almost at the point where if he is so against the role that put him on the map then piss off and let someone who will appreciate it take over.Having said that I think Craig owes us a 5th entry.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    First 75 pages of this thread and basically nothing happens, we will be on 1,000 by the time the film comes out.

We know virtually nothing, so of course the first few dozen (or at this point, first few hundred) pages will be nothing but fan discussion and speculation. However, in the next couple of months is when we'll get our first bit of news from the upcoming entry so hopefully that gives us something solid to discuss.
    we know whats coming even if it is hard to digest.
    The new distributors were supposed to be announced this month. It's the last day in February, already, and no one has unveiled anything.
    not good eh?
    are you guys ok with the last 2 bonds making 4 movies? I personally think 4 is not enough but 5 is perfect so I really hope Craig is not in the same boat as Pierce, but Im almost at the point where if he is so against the role that put him on the map then piss off and let someone who will appreciate it take over.Having said that I think Craig owes us a 5th entry.

Dan loves and appreciates the role. Where all this nonsense about him being dismissive or unappreciative of it comes from is beyond me.
    The only Bond actor, so far, we know who didn't love the role was Lazenby. He badmouthed the character by the time his entry in the series came out far too many times. To this day, every event he attends to revolving around the franchise he admits it's the money that interests him solely.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    The new distributors were supposed to be announced this month. It's the last day in February, already, and no one has unveiled anything.

If the negotiations have not been finalised, maybe they are waiting until after the Oscars. Rattling off a growing list of prestigious awards might be used for a bit more leverage.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They are awful no doubt. Hopefully we get a complete change up in wardrobe styling for the next one and more sartorial sense.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

I think when we have something definite and positive we can close this thread and open Part II
    Red_Snow wrote: »

If the negotiations have not been finalised, maybe they are waiting until after the Oscars. Rattling off a growing list of prestigious awards might be used for a bit more leverage.
    Yes, you could be right. After all, they could use some credentials from their most recent effort. They don't say "You're as good as your last effort" for nothing.
    They are awful no doubt. Hopefully we get a complete change up in wardrobe styling for the next one and more sartorial sense.
    I couldn't agree more. I would really like Bond to go for a more conservative wardrobe among the other reasons listed above.
    To says Dan owes us a 5th movie is ridiculous. He doesn't owe us a dam thing.

I don't get that Craig hates the role. He just doesn't want to make Bond films for the sake of making Bond films kinda like Brosnan did. Brosnan would make anyone Bond films no matter how bad the Script was because he just wanted to be Bond. Craig wants to be Bond but he wants to be Bond with the best scripted and the bet story.

That's how I see it
    The way I see it with Craig is that he does like what he does. But, he also wants his own life separated from his industrial portraits and performances. He doesn't want to become the face of a marketing campaign outside the original pace of advertisement of a certain film he makes, very much like Connery in his own time.

I am sure the folks out there do remember he did try and break a fan's phone a few years back, didn't he? That's not because he doesn't like to be a celebrity (and not only Bond), he just wants his private life separated.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I don't get that Craig hates the role. He just doesn't want to make Bond films for the sake of making Bond films kinda like Brosnan did. Brosnan would make anyone Bond films no matter how bad the Script was because he just wanted to be Bond. Craig wants to be Bond but he wants to be Bond with the best scripted and the bet story.

That's how I see it

Maybe Craig has the same humour as I do. Wicked, strange, sarcastic and dark.
    He gets misunderstood a lot.
    That doesn't justify his more than moronic comment about wrist slashing etc.
    If you are in the spotlight, even with a wicked sense of humour, it should be clear the media will have a field day with comments like this.

On Brosnan you are unfair I think. Or do you honestly believe Craig would have walked away from TND or TWINE if he had been Bond back then. I think not.
    He may be the first Bond actor who has an active interest in the scripts and art of the movie.
    By the way, Brosnan for sure would have loved to have a say, or to influence EON to do better, but the situation was very different.
    Everybody knows, Craig was and is BB's darling since day 1.

That's how I see it

Maybe Craig has the same humour as I do. Wicked, strange, sarcastic and dark.
    He gets misunderstood a lot.
    That doesn't justify his more than moronic comment about wrist slashing etc.
    If you are in the spotlight, even with a wicked sense of humour, it should be clear the media will have a field day with comments like this.

On Brosnan you are unfair I think. Or do you honestly believe Craig would have walked away from TND or TWINE if he had been Bond back then. I think not.
    He may be the first Bond actor who has an active interest in the scripts and art of the movie.
    By the way, Brosnan for sure would have loved to have a say, or to influence EON to do better, but the situation was very different.
    Everybody knows, Craig was and is BB's darling since day 1.
    Yep!