No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Why would Madeline even be in Bond 25? Are people forgetting how Bond treats women?

Did you see spectre? honestly did you?

BOND LEFT THE 00 BRANCH FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is no more 007
    His license to kill has joined the choir immortal
    may his walther PPk rest in peace

THIS IS AN EX SECRET AGENT!!!!

I swear in this forum you have to scream till your blue in the face to get your point across.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't think the argument/opinion was the issue, it's the fact that you needn't get your point across by having to use the word "retarded." There's a massive breadth of words that can be used instead. Aside from that, since the word is taking us off topic, I agree that Bond quitting the service for another woman has already been done in the same trilogy and was most certainly a rushed idea that backs them into the corner of figuring out what to do with her character. Time will tell. Something will have to make her disappear, or else we may have our first Bond movie that introduces no new girls for Bond to bed as he's with Madeleine the whole time (yes, the idea sounds awful to me, too.)
    So bond delt with the exact same plot to take over the world back to back during the Moore era and no one bats an eye.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So bond delt with the exact same plot to take over the world back to back during the Moore era and no one bats an eye.

Are you talking about the re-population of Earth plotline from TSWLM and MR? If so, that's not really a fair comparison - sure, there are similarities behind their goal, but their method and overall end game is radically different. I wouldn't chalk it up as the same as one actor leaving MI-6 for a completely different girl twice in one era.
  • SonofSean wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Yes, Bond 25 should be an emotionally driven film, for sure. Craig should be out for revenge because Blofeld kills Madeleine in the PTS. That is what they have to do.

I firmly believe that is the road they'll go down. At the end of Spectre Blofeld is going to be 100% out for revenge. Bond probably wants to settle down, have a normal life at this moment (much like Craig!), but Blofeld will not let him have a nice happy life. Blofeld will have Madeline killed forcing Bond back into action. Bond will be even more ruthless than we've seen before. We've seen Bond in revenge mode before, but not like this. This is the movie I want to see.

You_Must_Be_Joking3f0aq.jpg

That idea is retarded for two reasons.

1. It's been done before in the same trilogy.
    2. It's incredibly cliche

I honestly won't watch B25 if this is the main plot point, seriously...
    Well said. Thank you.

Saying somebody or some thing is "retarded" precludes eloquence. Contrariwise, it bespeaks a juvenile lack of imagination.

Judging someone by their words, rather than their ideas, also precludes eloquence. At least I stated my disagreement and explained why. I suppose Daniel Craig isn't eloquent as well because he swears in his interviews.

DC's frequent resort to F-bombs in interviews certainly bespeaks coarseness and lack of imagination. But he looks good and remembers his lines.

• SonofSean wrote: »
    Yes, Bond 25 should be an emotionally driven film, for sure. Craig should be out for revenge because Blofeld kills Madeleine in the PTS. That is what they have to do.

I firmly believe that is the road they'll go down. At the end of Spectre Blofeld is going to be 100% out for revenge. Bond probably wants to settle down, have a normal life at this moment (much like Craig!), but Blofeld will not let him have a nice happy life. Blofeld will have Madeline killed forcing Bond back into action. Bond will be even more ruthless than we've seen before. We've seen Bond in revenge mode before, but not like this. This is the movie I want to see.

You_Must_Be_Joking3f0aq.jpg

That idea is retarded for two reasons.

1. It's been done before in the same trilogy.
    2. It's incredibly cliche

I honestly won't watch B25 if this is the main plot point, seriously...
    Well said. Thank you.

Saying somebody or some thing is "retarded" precludes eloquence. Contrariwise, it bespeaks a juvenile lack of imagination.
    I wasn't one to approve of that, to which if I did come across doing so, I do apologize. What made me agree with dominicgreene's comment was the idea of a lover getting killed and Bond mourning over her death being done to death. I wasn't, in anyway, engaging in a fight with anyone over an opinion and discredit a user. As varying as our opinions may be, we can't agree on everything regardless of the pursuit of one specific topic. If one disagrees? Good. It's an opinion, and it's as good as anyone else's.

Most of the people in the thread want the SwanSong scenario. But, I, being in the minority, don't. If I argue, I don't argue or validate anyone's opinion because neither of us are in position to do so. I only argue with differentiating the idea.

Understood.

Political correctness is retarded.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Probably a "retarded" statement but I am not quite clear whether the double o's were even reinstated at the end of SP? Yes Q said I thought you left ...but left what? London? SIS? What? He just came back to steal a car.

Wasn't his actions treasonous with the DB10 anyway?

I don't get it.
    So my point was completely disregarded and now people are going out of their way to use the word? Well done. Makes things so happy and delightful to be around on the forums!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So my point was completely disregarded and now people are going out of their way to use the word? Well done. Makes things so happy and delightful to be around on the forums!

You are a mod now, so we don t listen to you.

That's more than apparent at times.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

That's more than apparent at times.

Thunderfinger listens to no one!
    Except to good music, at least that much is certain.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,116

Sorry was a bit of sarcasm.. :D me bad.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Probably a "retarded" statement but I am not quite clear whether the double o's were even reinstated at the end of SP? Yes Q said I thought you left ...but left what? London? SIS? What? He just came back to steal a car.

I don't get it.

The same. It's not absolutely clear to me that Bond had resigned from MI6 at the end of SP, although that is certainly one valid interpretation.

mcdonbb wrote: »

I don't get it.

The same. It's not absolutely clear to me that Bond had resigned from MI6 at the end of SP, although that is certainly one valid interpretation.

I think the ending was ambiguous on purpose. It gives them an out in case he doesn't return. They can just say, well, he's gone anyway so on with the next! But then they can also say he isn't done and have him come back for another, leaving it open as they did.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    It was quite clear to me that they were taking a page out of Nolan's Bat trilogy. The DB5 standing in for that restaurant in Italy or wherever. They left the door open for Bale to return (but he would only do so if Nolan did), and Craig still can. It's totally up to him.

I personally have a feeling he's just keeping quiet until EON has every i dotted and t crossed re: the studio negotations and new Bond signed - then he will announce he's done.

He is a consummate professional after all.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It was quite clear to me that they were taking a page out of Nolan's Bat trilogy. The DB5 standing in for that restaurant in Italy or wherever. They left the door open for Bale to return (but he would only do so if Nolan did), and Craig still can. It's totally up to him.

I personally have a feeling he's just keeping quiet until EON has every i dotted and t crossed re: the studio negotations and new Bond signed - then he will announce he's done.

Whoa. What? You think the new Bond actor has already been chosen?! Huh?

Whoa. What? You think the new Bond actor has already been chosen?! Huh?
    No, but I think it would be foolish to think that EON haven't had discussions with potential Bond actors for some time now, or that such conversations are not part of the studio negotations. We never hear about the ones they've really been talking with. We only hear about those after the fact. The media speculate on hopefuls always.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    At least MGM to find a new distributor of the James Bond films once again, but who should helm the distribution rights from Sony; in my chart list as predicted:

1. Walt Disney Pictures (yet to be most common)
    2. Warner Bros Pictures
    3. Paramount Pictures
    4. Universal Pictures
    5. 20th Century Fox

If they struck the deal with The Walt Disney Studios, then Disney could distribute Bond 25 if understand by EON.

I got all the theory answer audio/video about the James Bond distribution rights here:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=PXS-wKQ1kQY
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Christ.
    My sentiments exactly.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Jany Temime: "if I’m asked to work on the next Bond movie, I’ll have a new 007 to dress and that is too exciting to resist.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/movies/movie-news/jany-temime-reveals-how-childhood-7453105#3Mx8qoV1pjrrrKXb.99
    Personally, I don't want Jany Temime to make a comeback. Bond's suits are getting tighter and smaller the more we advance through the films. I do miss Lindy Hemming.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder if by next Bond film, she means the one after Bond 25 that she can't be involved in because of other commitments? I don't know whether her comments were taken out of context or altered, but it just doesn't seem like she'd know about what Dan's doing at this point, unless things are actively being discussed as we speak.
  • I said from the moment the script leaked but SP would be Craig's last. Near enough everyone else on that thread disagreed with me and it was a pretty brash prediction to make as far back as then, but I think it was pretty clear that it was at least written as potentially Craigs last.

The only way they could continue on with Craig is to either undermine the whole of SP with some throwaway lines or to kill Madelinne off, which to me would be too much a retread of Vesper. I didn't think the writers would want to take either of these choices unless forced which is why I thought SP was at least written as Craig's last Bond.

I mean it seems like others involved in production thought that to, and Mark Strong does (who I believe has been a good mate of his ever since ofitn, didn't they go on holiday which stirred up him as Blofeld rumours last year?) which does make me think that there's truth to this.

Then there's his rumoured other projects (like that TV show), and I'm not sure the reception of SP will help either. Personally I loved it but it wasn't all that well recieved. The only way to have another Craig film is to continue that storyline and that'd be a divisive move. They might be better off cutting their losses and starting fresh but they can't do that with Craig really.

I'm sure the producers are keen to get him back and it's still early days, he might be back for one more in the end (could pull a Roger Moore) but I think all evidence is pointing more to him being done than him returning.

Reminds me of the Brosnan situation after Die Another Day. He'd made some comments which fuelled speculation that he'd be leaving. Then there were people suggesting Hugh Jackman, Clive Owen, etc (in the same way Tom Hardy and Idris Elba's names are thrown about now). Then he did Everything Or Nothing in 2004 and it was rumoured as late as 2005 that he was in fact coming back after all, that a deal had been struck. But that didn't happen (I think the issue was actually money rather than a creative decision, as I read recently that Purvis and Wade did at one point write CR with Brosnan in mind) and then Craig was cast.

Think we're getting a similar situation here, in terms of the constant rumours and speculation and not even the higher ups being sure. There are gonna be constant rumours until the next film is officially announced. I think we'll get Bond no 7 but Craig could still come back I guess. We'll have to wait and see.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Personally, I don't want Jany Temime to make a comeback. Bond's suits are getting tighter and smaller the more we advance through the films. I do miss Lindy Hemming.

She's not the one pushing for or insisting on Bond's tight suits though.
    I, too, miss Lindi. The suits in QOS were absolutely perfect.
    doubleoego wrote: »

If it isn't the costume designer, then who is, if you don't mind my asking?

Sadly, I believe it is Craig himself. He seems to favour tight outfits personally as well. Regardless, I'd prefer if Tamime not return. I'm not impressed with her efforts.

Sadly, I believe it is Craig himself. He seems to favour tight outfits personally as well. Regardless, I'd prefer if Tamime not return. I'm not impressed with her efforts.
    I see. I do wish the measures from Quantum of Solace were kept, though. Like GermanLady said, the suits were perfect in that film. As for Temime's designs overall, I'm not impressed either. It's not bad. But, she doesn't bring anything new to the table either. Lindy, however, was far more colourful in her efforts.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883

I see. I do wish the measures from Quantum of Solace were kept, though. Like GermanLady said, the suits were perfect in that film. As for Temime's designs overall, I'm not impressed either. It's not bad. But, she doesn't bring anything new to the table either. Lindy, however, was far more colourful in her efforts.
    Agreed. I watched QoS a month or so ago and the first thing that struck me was that the damn suits fitted him there. Whoever came up with this constricting look may think it's fashionable today, but it really won't date well at all, similar to Moore's 70's bells and big collars.

@thelivingroyale I remember you saying way back that you thought the script suggested that SP was Craig's last, and I agree with you. All indicators suggest this. I also agree he may decide to come back for one more, but as I've said elsewhere, I'd prefer if they just move on and start afresh, great though he has been. The wrist slash comments will continue to be mentioned all the way to B25 if he decides to stay.

Recent loose lips, the studio matter, and the tv show suggest to me that we are likely to get an announcement either way at some point shortly. At least I hope so anyway.