No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Don't underestimate the power of legitimate vagina.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She'll likely let him do what he wants, as long as he's not impacted for long periods of time due to being hurt. I can appreciate how the knee injury could have complicated their relationship somewhat.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    She'll likely let him do what he wants, as long as he's not impacted for long periods of time due to being hurt. I can appreciate how the knee injury could have complicated their relationship somewhat.

BONDAGE%20TOYS%20PREMIUM%20BLACK%20BONDAGE%20SWING.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ha ha.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    =))
    I really, really cant believe that People are still discussing DM And Suns articles. We all know, its stitched together nonsense. Above alone is from 3 different other articles and you dont Need to be the Fly on the Wall to realize, that nobody, WHO writes for these papers comes close enough to know anything. And whatever Mark might have said, i
    I assume, its taken out of context, as so often. After reading this Crap, we know exactly nothing more then before.

I dunno, I am just so ??? about the seriousness of These discussions based on the Sun. Sorry...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I really, really cant believe that People are still discussing DM And Suns articles. We all know, its stitched together nonsense. Above alone is from 3 different other articles and you dont Need to be the Fly on the Wall to realize, that nobody, WHO writes for these papers comes close enough to know anything. And whatever Mark might have said, i
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I assume, its taken out of context, as so often. After reading this Crap, we know exactly nothing more then before.

I dunno, I am just so ??? about the seriousness of These discussions based on the Sun. Sorry...
    Here here.
    Yeah...
    I'd make a big bet it's not going to be Hiddleston or just about all the names endlessly tipped as the next Bond. EON will almost have to go young and they may indeed take a turn away from the tough, macho Craig type, but they will never go for a fey, delicate Eton type like Hiddleston. Babs is very liberal, but when it comes to her franchise, she Is not that liberal. The same "gut" sense that led her to Craig will never lead her to someone like Hiddleston, no matter how good an actor he is.

The Bond job is 50% interviewing/promotion work and there is no way Hiddleston has the tough, steely, no bull s*t persona that the next Bond will need to have in this day of endless press and online exposure. Some of the very qualities that make Craig sometimes arrogant and difficult during promotion, just like Connery, are part of the inner characteristics that makes them such good Bonds.it's not a muscle thing. It's a character thing.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bond going away from machismo? I pray such thing does not occur till the end of the world.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 725
    Yep. If you watch Hiddleston get interviewed, machismo is the last word that comes to mind. Nice, classy, intelligent, yes, but masculine, no. Ain't gonna happen.
    I'm still pulling for Dan Stevens. That guy has some moxie.
    I think Stevens could do it. A cleaned up Hunnan also. I'm not so sure about Turner. Being a good actor and looking good is not the key, but whatever,
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    As an outstandig actor Daniel Craig developed his portrait of James Bond from CR to SF. Even in QoS with its weak script. Beside a lighter touch SPECTRE failed to me in this aspect due to a less than perfect story and a director who stayed with the SF formula (tone, music) that didn't fit SECTRE in my opinion. I don't know if Craig could develope the character any further If EON stays with the writers (or with Mendes). Craig should turn it down in that case.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't know why Hiddleston is even in any of the endorsements at all of sudden. Bond's character should have charisma, of course. But, above all, he should rugged with a little bit of old English sophistication. Otherwise, he'd be as good as Charlie Mortdecai.
    I don't know why Hiddleston is even in any of the endorsements at all of sudden. Bond's character should have charisma, of course. But, above all, he should rugged with a little bit of old English sophistication. Otherwise, he'd be as good as Charlie Mortdecai.

It's because his BBC drama just aired and though LCarre is a great writer, it is still another one of those roles that screams "Hey folks, pay attention I'm auditioning for Bond." They all are very aware of Layer Cake's hand in Craig getting Bond. Only I don't think Craig had any intention of going after Bond back then. Now they all want to be Bond.

• RC7RC7
    Hiddleston has a screen presence and a swagger that you don't come across all that often. I think that is a big part of why his name has gained traction, and that most probably is a subconscious thing for most at first.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    RC7 wrote: »
    Hiddleston has a screen presence and a swagger that you don't come across all that often. I think that is a big part of why his name has gained traction, and that most probably is a subconscious thing for most at first.

Two weeks ago, the widest read Swiss newspaper started a poll with various names as possible successors to Daniel Craig.

Tom Hiddleston actually won that poll, which I found quite surprising. At first Idris Elba and Tom Hardy got the most votes but in the end Hiddleston won.

Given the fact, that he still is no household name, he sure seems to appeal to a lot of people for a possible James Bond.

Of course I've always said so ;)
    Still, my favourite remains Dan Stevens, who by the way ended up on rank 8 in that poll.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Yup.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Almost forgot about this interview... Hopefully he meant what he said. "I'm not gone yet."

• RC7 wrote: »

Two weeks ago, the widest read Swiss newspaper started a poll with various names as possible successors to Daniel Craig.

Tom Hiddleston actually won that poll, which I found quite surprising. At first Idris Elba and Tom Hardy got the most votes but in the end Hiddleston won.

Given the fact, that he still is no household name, he sure seems to appeal to a lot of people for a possible James Bond.

Still, my favourite remains Dan Stevens, who by the way ended up on rank 8 in that poll.

I've seen neither of those gents act, but based upon a Bing image search, I'm not impressed. Both seem to be weedy beta-boys. Henry Cavill, OTOH, appears to have the requisite toughness and masculinity.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

I've seen neither of those gents act, but based upon a Bing image search, I'm not impressed. Both seem to be weedy beta-boys. Henry Cavill, OTOH, appears to have the requisite toughness and masculinity.

Just a shame he's got the charisma of a mahogany wardrobe isn't it?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Almost forgot about this interview... Hopefully he meant what he said. "I'm not gone yet."

and I also like to keep in mind as quite telling his last exchange with Jonathan Ross, during the BTS special

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    nikos78 wrote: »

and I also like to keep in mind as quite telling his last exchange with Jonathan Ross, during the BTS special

What was said during that exchange? Did he imply he'd be back?

Had Cavill not done Superman I think theres a good chance he might have been Craigs succesor ala similar to Brosnan.
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    Had Cavill not done Superman I think theres a good chance he might have been Craigs succesor ala similar to Brosnan.

I'm not sure why this would be a deal-breaker. There's nothing in doing Superman that would preclude one from being a bang-up Bond.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I'm not sure why this would be a deal-breaker. There's nothing in doing Superman that would preclude one from being a bang-up Bond.
    Considering how many DC films Cavill will need to be in now, that does have quite the effect. And that's not counting the work he's doing between those films.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 150
    nikos78 wrote: »

What was said during that exchange? Did he imply he'd be back?

Ross repeatedly said that he WAS TOLD (by the producers, perhaps?) that Craig was coming back for at least one more, to which Craig kept answering in a humoristic manner, smiling, and saying that Ross apparently knew more than he did. as if it was already agreed upon or at least the most probable outcome, but without wanting to confirm anything yet. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a0p6w (go to 51:25)
  • http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/24/james-bond-25-producers-currently-looking-for-the-worlds-next-big-scary-threat

Looks like scripting/concepting is just beginning...

"We have just begun to talk about ideas for the next movie. Each script process begins when we ask ourselves the question: 'What is the world afraid right now?,'" said Wilson, according to FilmWeb.no (via MI6).