No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I agree since we have actual news from Wilson that they are beginning to figure out the ideas for The Hildebrand Rarity (I mean bond 25 let me dream lol)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Germanlady wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Was anybody actually expecting a 2017 film?

By the posts here, it seems so.

Like I said before, even the title of this thread is totally going that way. Oh, they pushed it from 17 to 18. Its getting ridiculous. Can we change it, please.
    I don't think a single person on this forum expected Bond 25 to come out in 2017. Plus, if it means that much to you, you would know the title changes each time I update the timeline in the OP with a new story, whether fake or not.

Seriously. There's no "pushing back" something that was never anything to begin with. Ugh. People sometimes....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,588
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Seriously. There's no "pushing back" something that was never anything to begin with. Ugh. People sometimes....
    I'm not explaining myself again, so scroll up.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,115

I did an informal Internet survey on Facebook and five fans out of 19 voted for 2017. Moreover, these are long-time fans who are familiar with series and its history. I think it's more out of hope.

We were in a similar situation with SPECTRE. There were absolutely no signs in the first half of 2013 that it could be ready for a 2014 release. It became official in July 2013.
    Usually with a 2 year gap- the release date for the next film would be announced shortly after the current release. There really wouldn't be any substantial info on the next film until much later in the year, say late summer. In the Brosnan era after TND for example, were heard the title for TWINE, locations and casting in the fall. Closer to start date there were official announcements. Back then November releases had a January start date unlike the last two films which commenced filming in November and December. Point being it would be certainly possible to have a 2 year gap without hearing any official news this early......I just don't think, once again, it's going to happen.
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone expecting 2017 was kidding themselves.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Anyone expecting 2017 was kidding themselves.
    I never did, despite what some seemingly agitated members have been led to believe.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The moment they announced Craig will be performing in the stage play adaptation of Othello, I knew it wouldn't be anywhere nearer than late 2018 at the earliest.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Concerning GW's comments I feel better that it seems they are aware that SP didn't quite succeed and that they have a goal to be fresh.

Unsure who "they" are though ...hope just producers not the lame writers.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I honestly don't mind a back to back film. If the story is grand in scale, and needs more time, better to embrace it in 2 then rush it in one, as what happened with Spectre. We live in a golden age of television so makes sense people want to emotionally invest in more than one film.
    New writers, please. I am sure the world can survive without Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and the rest of those in their company. Bring in some fresh faces to the Bond saga.
    New writers, please. I am sure the world can survive without Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and the rest of those in their company. Bring in some fresh faces to the Bond saga.
    Agreed. I loved Spectre, but we need a new team of writers. I wouldn't mind keeping Jez Butterworth on, though.
  • We should take a poll of fans about wheter they want purvis and wade or not, to make a statement.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,631
    New writers, please.

Yes, new writers definitely are needed. Not that it wasn't evident before, but Spectre certainly clinched it.

• Do we need to be reminded that Purvis and Wade had left the series, but after seeing Logan's first draft of Spectre, EON begged for them to come back and fix it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/97217-purvis-and-wade-confirm-their-007-departure

http://www.slashfilm.com/bond-24-purvis-wade/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well there you go. There you have it. SP was kind of a mess and people may need to know why.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,598
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If Daniel Craig returns as Bond, I don’t care if Brett Ratner directs Bond 25.

Hey Ratner isn't that bad X-men 3 is a decent film (apart from Halle Berry's nonsense)...

but yeah for me I hate the quiet periods those few months in between the release of a bond film and the beginning of preproduction on a new one..

I still maintain there is enough dramatic material within Fleming to entice Craig back for 2 more films.. the question really is what will the writers and directors bring and will that be enough to entice Craig?

Yeah, this is the quietest, dullest time to be a Bond fan. We're on the back end of the latest film and book.

In May, the new Young Bond book will be out though I think. I have to say though, for me, the time between QOS and SF and SF and SP went pretty damn fast. As I get older, I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Probably the latter, but good in terms of Bond movie releases. :)

I presumed it was always 2018. There's always 3 years or more between the Bond films these days, with the exception of the two years between CR and QOS. They made up for that though by having a 4 year gap between QOS and SF. :)
    Yeah, exactly, Bounine; I look back to the time before SF and think about how painful it was when no one knew what was gonna happen to Bond at all, and the future of the entire series was in peril. Well now we have SF, SP, and another one coming at some point in the future. We know this for a fact. Bond 25 is happening; the last two films have combined for $2 billion dollars. The franchise has never been in better shape, with the possible exception of the height of Bond mania in the mid 60s.

It's a great time to be a Bond fan.
    God im tired of these 3 years+ gaps
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm just hoping with all this recent chatter of them delaying it in order for Craig to be available it's solid proof he will indeed be back for another film.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Agreed. I loved Spectre, but we need a new team of writers. I wouldn't mind keeping Jez Butterworth on, though.
    dalton wrote: »
    New writers, please.

Yes, new writers definitely are needed. Not that it wasn't evident before, but Spectre certainly clinched it.
    Yes, I did like Spectre, but I liked what I've seen as a film, not as a story. I have to point that out, too. I liked it, but there was little to no originality in it. Now, I don't know much about Jez Butterworth or his works, but my instincts tell me an all-new crew should get on board for Bond 25. Just my two cents.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping with all this recent chatter of them delaying it in order for Craig to be available it's solid proof he will indeed be back for another film.

All the chatter we have had were from either DM or the Sun. They will start shooting, IF DC is involved, by the end of 17 and by then, the Mini Series will be done.Its no Quantum Physics to figure that out.

With a new actor, it might be 2019.
    However much truth is in this. We DO know, that he has had all those injuries and them causing still pain makes sense. As a wife, I would be worried, too.

ANYONE who thought it was M who gave orders to James Bond may need to reconsider: it is apparently 007’s wife.

The actress Rachel Weisz will have a big influence on whether her husband, Daniel Craig, continues in the role because she is concerned about the physical toll that playing the character takes on his body, according to a close friend of the couple.

There were suggestions last week that Craig would abandon the role in favour of Purity, a 20-part television series. However, MGM, which distributes the Bond films, is reported to be willing to delay the next movie by a year to keep him.

Craig, 47, has incurred several injuries during the making of his four Bond movies and has spent months away from his family. Sources say he is keen to do another Bond film but Weisz, who married him in 2011, is less keen.

“Bond is in his blood but he’s had so many injuries and has ongoing chronic pains, which Rachel is seriously worried about, and she doesn’t want him to pile on more injuries,” according to a source. “She just wants him to turn the page, even though he loves the challenge and the dare.”

Craig himself has previously said: “I hurt myself every day. I’ve had my right shoulder reconstructed, my knees operated on and my thumb hurts.”

On Spectre, the latest Bond film, he required a knee operation after suffering an injury filming a fight scene with the villain Mr Hinx.

Part of the risk is that Craig insists on doing many of the stunts himself.

Gary Powell, chief stunt co-ordinator, said: “I don’t have to prepare Daniel for the stunts. He comes in ready and knows what he’s got to do. We go through the ideas together but mentally he comes in strong — that’s just his character.

“He’s confident of his abilities, which he has every right to be because he’s a bloody good actor. There’s no ego there. He’ll say, ‘I can do this, and let the stunt person do that’. He does all his car chases — he’s a very good driver. He’s more than capable of doing everything, all his own stunts. It’s just a logistical thing.

“If he’s not doing a stunt, it’s not because he can’t, it’s because he’s busy on the main unit. That’s the reason we have doubles for him, because he can’t be everywhere at once within the time we have to shoot the film.”

The source said that Weisz, whose film credits include The Mummy and The Constant Gardener, had not asked Craig to rule out doing another Bond, but had pointed out how difficult it was for him to be away from the family for up to six months and for her to watch him suffering injuries.

According to the source, Craig has taken his wife’s anxiety into account, which is why he is trying to work around the decision and is still undecided. “Daniel will ultimately do what is best for his marriage, that’s the reality, but he wants to do another Bond,” the source said. “It could go either way.”
    Like I said previously, if Craig stays and if injury is such a concern, he needs to keep quiet about doing his own stunts and let stuntmen and body doubles do the jobs they're paid to do. Craig isn't Tom Cruise. Craig had plenty of stunt assistance for CR and that is easily his best film. Stick to that model and problem solved.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Like I said previously, if Craig stays and if injury is such a concern, he needs to keep quiet about doing his own stunts and let stuntmen and body doubles do the jobs they're paid to do. Craig isn't Tom Cruise. Craig had plenty of stunt assistance for CR and that is easily his best film. Stick to that model and problem solved.

Not quite. There, he also insisted of doing as much as possible, despite having stunt men around.

Like I said before,IMO he should stop now and let others worry about these things.

I think, he has given Bond all there is and visa versa.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You missed what I was saying. Bond films offer more than just stunts you know, thrilling stories, plots and character explorations can still be told. These elements haven't already culminated with the Craig era so far.

I'm not saying Craig shouldn't be 100% devoid of stunt work but his work on CR was the least stunt work he's done out of his 4 movies. When QoS came around he was pretty vocal about how much more stunts he was doing himself. The man is pushing 50, he isn't Tom Cruise fit, he needs to go back to roughly the amount of stunt work he was doing for CR and let the professionals take the more serious stuff. If the scripts/story is great then there's no need for him to leave if he's still interested. The compromise would simply be him taking a little step back from his own thrill seeking and thus saving himself further injury.
    God im tired of these 3 years+ gaps

Better get used to it: it seems to be the norm now in franchises. I can't say I'm a fan either.
    You missed what I was saying. Bond films offer more than just stunts you know, thrilling stories, plots and character explorations can still be told. These elements haven't already culminated with the Craig era so far.

I'm not saying Craig shouldn't be 100% devoid of stunt work but his work on CR was the least stunt work he's done out of his 4 movies. When QoS came around he was pretty vocal about how much more stunts he was doing himself. The man is pushing 50, he isn't Tom Cruise fit, he needs to go back to roughly the amount of stunt work he was doing for CR and let the professionals take the more serious stuff. If the scripts/story is great then there's no need for him to leave if he's still interested. The compromise would simply be him taking a little step back from his own thrill seeking and thus saving himself further injury.

Could well be, that he feels this scenario is half-arsed, like it was already in a way for Spectre ater the injury. I think, people would be quite happy having less action but a real great thriller. Just doubt, they can deliver that. Sadly. For a reason, they have all the money in the world, but can't seem to get a great, logical script. Even SF was a wonderful execution of a rather plot holy script. I wonder why that is. For me, it was only DC, that saved the films from being a failure. The way he acts it out, even the dullest lines become somewhat interesting.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Germanlady wrote: »
    For me, it was only DC, that saved the films from being a failure. The way he acts it out, even the dullest lines become somewhat interesting.

Exactly. He still has enough acting juice in him to continue. As the source in the article said: Bond's in his blood.