Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Flash

tumblr_inline_nmf19tfeJq1qjz4jr_540.jpg

Episode 1: Pilot
    Episode 2: Fastest Man Alive

I came across this show, and despite never having read any comics of The Flash, I thought that I might give it a try. I was expecting it to be all dark and gritty, but was surprised to find it more balanced in tone.
    Well, with superspeed, it's hard to be grim and gritty. The first Flash series (with John Wesley Shipp) tried to be Batman, but had a lot of fun moments.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the first season when it aired in France, due to the late hours TF1 (those smegheads !) aired it. Frankly, I don't undrstand them, cutting themselves from the target audience of the show (just like for Arrow, BTW : first season airing at 11 pm, second season airing at 9 pm, third season at 11 pm. Go figure !).
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Gotham
    Watching the first season I liked it well enough but I just kept thinking,"it's Batman without Batman." That's what kept me from really loving the show. We're only two episodes in for season two and I don't really think that anymore, so I'm really looking forward to this season.

Minority Report
    This is a continuation of the Tom Cruise movie but it doesn't have Cruise or his character. The first episode was decent but episode two was actually pretty good. If you love sci-fi I recommend it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: The Rescue
    A short and sweet 2 parter from 1965, that serves as an introduction to the new companion, Vicki (one of the more overlooked companions), played by Maureen O'Brien.
    Fine episode. But if you're a fan of comedy, The Romans is excellent. Believe me, you will laugh. A lot.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Scream

On Netflix.

Now that Wes Craven has gone, this is a bittersweet viewing, but at least we got something great from him again.

It shows nicely how the youth of today ticks concerning social media. Quite frightening actually, probably more frightening than the killings!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Fine episode. But if you're a fan of comedy, The Romans is excellent. Believe me, you will laugh. A lot.

Ok, now you've made me more interested.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    River 2015 BBC1

It's becoming increasingly a gamble these days investing times in British detective drama's (Broadchurch 2). My Wife and I only just recently subjected ourselves to From Darkness, so bad we skipped the last episode as I became so ground down by every detective show cliche put on on display so it was with some trepidation that we decided to invest in River.

Though from the very first episode we were hooked, an interesting take on the genre but with a heart and not usual cynical air you come to expect. Anchored by a terrific performance from Stellan Skarsgård with great support from Nicola Walker, Lesley Manville and Utopia's very own Wilson Wilson Adeel Akhtar.

I did worry though would it keep it's head till the end and not enter down the well worn cliched cop out ending but River kept it's dignity till the end and it's conclusion made perfect poignant sense.

One last thing though in this it's so good we must have more culture we live in, please just leave it at one, it says all it has to more would just cheapen it.
    I watched Season 1 of Fargo on DVD check out from the library. I have been watching Season 2 since it began in October. A fun quirky little show. Great all star cast.

The Good Wife has been a favorite for years. I see they have added Jeffrey Dean Morgan to the cast. Maybe you remember him from Supernatural and Extant. He may be a love interest for her. Many of my lady friends think he is drop dead sexy. We'll see.
    CSI - the episode in which a body seems to be killed by a dinosaur, Hodges ruled that episode.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Son & I are watching Dark Angel again.
    So much fun, so much socio/political commentary, so much ahead of its time....
    Halfway through Season 5 of Homeland.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Watching Jessica Jones. Marvel have knocked it out if the park with this one. Such an awesome show! First Dare Devil and now Jessica Jones. Can't wait for the team up of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Dare Devil and Jessica. When TV shows are excellently written there's no excuse for weak ass material for 250 million dollar movies.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @doubleoego, I was going to rewatch Daredevil before jumping into Jessica Jones. Is this necessary? Is there a lot of carry over/references to the events of Daredevil in it that I'd want to brush up on?

I'm pumped for this, as Krysten Ritter is one cool chick and the actor they picked for Luke Cage is perfect, right off the comic's page.
    I've seen Jessica Jones on Netflix, just haven't watched it yet. I've been told to watch The Black List but I keep putting it off... I've gotten hooked on 'Switched at Birth" and I don't know, this little family dramedy is quite appealing. I'm smack in the middle of season 3 on Netflix but I must have watched about 5 episodes straight Saturday night.
  • I'm two episodes into Jessica Jones. We've really got something special here!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm two episodes into Jessica Jones. We've really got something special here!

I'm loving the response to the show so far; It makes me eager to jump in. I guess I'll ask you as you're now online, @Master_Dahark, should I rewatch Daredevil to brush up on what's already happened around/in Hell's Kitchen, or would I be okay just jumping into JJ?
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Well so far, it stands totally on its own. It's in NYC, and we, the viewer, know that DareDevil is out there, but he(or anyone else) have yet to be mentioned.
    You should be just fine diving right on in- but still check out DareDevil, if for no other reason than it's awesome ;)

I understand that once DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and finally Iron Fist have their own shows, there will be an 'Avengers' style team up show called 'Defenders'.
    Not sure when that will be , since DareDevil has his own Season 2 right around the corner-- with The Punisher guest starring(!)

Wow what a time to be alive!

*edit: haha I misread, you saw DareDevil already! No need to brush up, enjoy Jessica Jones!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2015 Posts: 11,139
    @Brady, I'm on episode 4 right now and so far, rewatching DD isn't necessary to get into JJ. The show doesn't waste any time and gets straight down to business. However, there are a few references to "others" that get a mention. If you loved DD, you'll definitely love JJ.
    Thanks boys; I've got Thanksgiving break coming up and I'll try to get into the show then. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Now that the Formula One season is ending this weekend, I will start to attack the recent shows I've heard a lot of good things about.

My objective: True Detective, Sherlock (I've only seen season 1) House of Cards, Hannibal, Bates Motel, Strike Back, The Americans, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Fargo, Ray Donovan, Better Call Saul, Longmire, Legends, The Knick, Peaky Blinders, Orange is the new Black, Orphan Black, Vikings, Sense8, Marco Polo.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Now that the Formula One season is ending this weekend, I will start to attack the recent shows I've heard a lot of good things about.

My objective: True Detective, Sherlock (I've only seen season 1) House of Cards, Hannibal, Bates Motel, Strike Back, The Americans, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Fargo, Ray Donovan, Better Call Saul, Longmire, Legends, The Knick, Peaky Blinders, Orange is the new Black, Orphan Black, Vikings, Sense8, Marco Polo.

Do you have a Netflix account, @DaltonCraig007? If so, you'll be putting it to good use coming up, as many of the shows you've listed are exclusive to the service. True Detective will blow your mind, you'll love Daredevil if you are a fan of superhero dramas, Sherlock is beyond amazing and of course you already know how strongly I love Longmire.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Son & I are watching Dark Angel again.
    So much fun, so much socio/political commentary, so much ahead of its time....

I watched DA a few weeks ago too. It's a shame that Alba seems to have a less than enthusiastic view on the show. That would kill any chance return as Max... :-\"

Having recently picked up a copy of The Ambassadors Of Death, lately I have been working though the Jon Pertwee, 3rd Doctor era. The last I watched was episodes 1 & 2 of The Mind Of Evil.

1. Inferno
    2. Doctor Who And The Silurians
    3. Terror Of The Autons
    4. Spearhead From Space
    5. The Ambassadors Of Death

There's a chance that by the time I get to Planet Of The Spiders that Pertwee might move up my Doctor ranking (4 up to 3, and Smith 3 down to 4).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do you have a Netflix account, @DaltonCraig007? If so, you'll be putting it to good use coming up, as many of the shows you've listed are exclusive to the service. True Detective will blow your mind, you'll love Daredevil if you are a fan of superhero dramas, Sherlock is beyond amazing and of course you already know how strongly I love Longmire.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I susbcribed to Netflix soon after the service was available in France. I still buy Blu Ray's for my movie collection, but for TV shows Netflix is simply fantastic. An endless amount of gems are featured on it.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I susbcribed to Netflix soon after the service was available in France. I still buy Blu Ray's for my movie collection, but for TV shows Netflix is simply fantastic. An endless amount of gems are featured on it.

Their original content has really impressed me. Their programs are equal or even superior to much of what is on TV.

Their original content has really impressed me. Their programs are equal or even superior to much of what is on TV.

I've seen 'Narcos' a month ago. One of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @Creasy47 I've started watching 'True Detective', just finished the first 3 episodes. Holy. F***ing. Sh**. What a show, what a friggen show. Solid story, fantastic dialogue, and Woody Harrelson/Matthew McGonaghey are giving performances that the world sees once in a lifetime. Sadly I have to continue tomorrow, otherwise I'd binge watch the rest of the season tonight. My heart is pounding at 300 beats per minute. How on earth will anyone make a show better than this?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    2/3 the way through Dark Angel season one, as great as it ever was!
    The Last Kingdom on the BBC
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @Creasy47 I've started watching 'True Detective', just finished the first 3 episodes. Holy. F***ing. Sh**. What a show, what a friggen show. Solid story, fantastic dialogue, and Woody Harrelson/Matthew McGonaghey are giving performances that the world sees once in a lifetime. Sadly I have to continue tomorrow, otherwise I'd binge watch the rest of the season tonight. My heart is pounding at 300 beats per minute. How on earth will anyone make a show better than this?

Just wait! It gets better and better and the ending certainly doesn't disappoint. Even thinking about it makes me want to sit down and watch all eight episodes in a row (I've done this twice now, and I love it every time.)