Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been on a TV binge lately.

Season finale of 'Scream' tonight, just got to the second season of 'The Killing' and I'm absolutely loving it (gives me 'True Detective' season one vibes, which are stellar), and I got halfway through 'Narcos' (Netflix's new original series, and one of the best shows I've ever watched) last weekend, plan on finishing the latter half after class this week. Oh, and I started rewatching 'Breaking Bad,' which I'm looking forward to.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I continued with 'The X Files' by watching season 6 and 7 in five days (and I had to watch the Formula One coverage too this weekend, so I had a lot of stuff to watch). I loved every bit of these 2 seasons, with some wacky episodes (the one about a video game character killing people for real, the 3 wishes episode) coupled with some of the best in the entire show (the bermuda triangle one, 'X-Cops', 'The Sixth Extinction Part 1 and 2' and 'Requiem').
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    A couple of weeks ago I finished binge watching How I Met Your Mother. Great show until the finale two episodes. They completely turned me off of the show forever and I'm actually pissed I wasted my time watching it.
    I'm currently watching the new episodes Netflix added to The Leauge.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've just binge watched the first 3 seasons of 'Inspector Morse'. Splendid show, I remember my grandmother was a huge fan of it. John Thaw is excellent. After watching an episode, you keep on asking for more.
    Just finished the season 1 of Fargo, Looking forward to the start of season two despite the fact that season one went to shytt the final two episodes. It just did not make much sense and there was no logic to the final two. The show should have wrapped earlier.
    But I'm still gonna tune in for Season two in October...

I fell in love with :Chasing Life. I caught season one on Netflix and season 2 has been showing on ABC Family. This show has strong performances and it will make you laugh, and make you cry.

After much procrastination (I had never cared for the genre) I finally broke down and watched Game of Thrones. I get the DVD's at the public library and was hooked. I just finished season 4 and now have to wait months before Season 5 comes out.

And please no spoilers!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Sonisall & I are going through Space Battleship Yamato 2199 for a THIRD time!!!
    HUNTED.
    Channel 4.

14 members of the public become fugitives and see if they can avoid the State for 28 days. Brilliant first episode and certainly an eye opener as to the power the state can wield should they choose to do so!
    @OHMSS69, I loved the first season of 'Fargo' up until that point, as well. It started out strong and kept that intensity throughout, but the ending was a huge disappointment.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Why was the end of Fargo a disappointment?
    I found it to be quite satisfying, everyone got what he deserved.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Watched a good bit of Doctor Who over the weekend.

First up I watched "Last Christmas". I know that we are nowhere near the season yet but I watched is as I've had a New Who-athon over the last few months and had reached the end of Capaldi's first series. As LC came next and was the last episode before series 9 it made sense to watch it.

I then watched a first Doctor story, "The Edge Of Destruction". I know this was a filler story but I really enjoyed this two-parter. Just the four of them (Doctor, Susan, Ian, Barbara) and set only in the Tardis. Good performances all round, decent story, good stuff.

Then watched "Destiny Of The Daleks", a fourth Doctor story. This is the first story with Lalla Ward as Romana. This was ok, not the greatest story I've seen but still fun.

Next up was "The Claws Of Axos" with the Third doctor. Again, this was ok, really enjoy Pertwee's take on the Doctor. Would like to see the Axons show up in New Who.

Recently I've also watched the Doctor Who, Mannequin Mania boxset which contains "Spearhead From Space" and "Terror Of The Autons".

SFS is one of my favourite stories of all the Doctors and Jon Pertwee's first story holds up well today. I read that it was the only one recorded on film as opposed to tape and that is very noticeable, giving the episodes a very 60's movie type feel to them. I'd loved to have seen more classic episodes recorded that way, great stuff.

TOTA is another strong story but doesn't have the impact that SFS had. It's still a solid story though and, again Pertwee is excellent. Watching these episodes I get the feeling that Pertwee was already practising to be Worzel Gummidge as some of the faces he pulls when in danger from plastic are very similar to the ones he pulled as Worzel, makes me laugh.
    Fear The Walking Dead

Not as good as TWD but still decent. It better pick up soon though, we're three episodes in and I'm getting a bit bored.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Gamechangers on BBC2 last night. With Daniel Radcliffe and Bill Paxton about the makers of GTA and a crusading attorney. Very good, gripping stuff and Harry…sorry Daniel Radcliffe was excellent in this grown-up drama.
    Fear The Walking Dead

Not as good as TWD but still decent. It better pick up soon though, we're three episodes in and I'm getting a bit bored.

I don't get the hype about TWD, the first season was simply spectacular and then it went downhill and fast. It's Grey's Anatomy with some zombies thrown every now and then.
    I stopped after season 3, I couldn't take that drama soap opera stuff anymore.

Or did it change again to a real frightening zombie show?
    Fear The Walking Dead

I don't get the hype about TWD, the first season was simply spectacular and then it went downhill and fast. It's Grey's Anatomy with some zombies thrown every now and then.

Word for word, this is exactly what happened to me when I tried to watch TWD, same thoughts and outcome and everything. Loved the first season, enjoyed the second season, and the third season was so mopey and soap opera-ish and dull that I couldn't continue. From what I've heard about the last few seasons (and any footage I've seen on TV), it doesn't look like things have changed for the better, either.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Zombies...stuff and thaangs
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,690
    AMC sure loves having annoying wives in their shows - Lori in TWD, Betty in Mad Men, Skyler in Breaking Bad.
    Lori was a straight up b****
  • Just finished Band of Brothers...well...it's gonna be really difficult to watch something else right after that. What a show !

Personally I don't think the drama is bad at all. Season one was pretty good, season two I thought was the worst, season three was pretty damn good, the first part of four was rather dull but the last half was pretty gritty and dark, and season five was damn good as well (possibly the best season so far).
    From what I can remember the drama lessons in the second half of four and the majority of five and is replaced with tense moments. There is another love triangle of sorts in five but it's nowhere near as bad as the love triangle with Rick, Lori, and Shane in season two.
    I say give season four a shot. Make it through the first half and it'll pick up. If you're not hooked by the end of it then just give up.
    Honestly if you're looking for less drama and more zombie killing, give a show called Z-Nation a shot. It's not my cup of tea but you may like it if that's what you're looking for.

I love TWD (haven't seen season 5 yet), but that Lori... She does more damage to my brain in a 40 minutes episode than a 2 hours buddy action film with Christmas Jones, Stacey Sutton and Jinx could do.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Has anybody caught the fourth season of Longmire streaming on Netflix yet? I highly recommend this phenomenal series that isn't as well known as it should be. Set in a fictional county in Wyoming, it features a quiet sheriff who acts instead of gabs, a classic staple of westerns of old. A great cast supports the show, including Robert Taylor as Sheriff Longmire, Katee Sackhoff as Deputy Victoria Moretti and the always-amazing Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry Standing Bear, among many others.

The show tackles so many complex moral issues and clashes of faith and culture between the white population of the county and the Native American population on the reservation near the county line, featuring stories that accurately portrays the conflicts of the past between both groups throughout history, where neither is shown in a perfect light. The show's respect and attention to Native American culture is stunning, showing viewers the often misunderstood beliefs and deep cultural significance of so many things that the Indians hold dear.

The writing of this show is astounding, the acting mind-blowing, the cinematography evocative, haunting and atmospheric, as is the music that runs alongside it. If you haven't checked out Longmire yet, now is the perfect time. With it streaming exclusively to Netflix from this point on, the series is no longer caught up in network rules and regulations as it was on A&E. Now episodes are whatever length they need to be to tell the story the creators want and they are packed full of content that would never have been acceptable to show on television, making them more faithful to the books.

Each season only has about ten episodes which the writers use to tell thrilling and rousing emotional stories that always entice you to keep watching. Because each season isn't blown out to meet network demands like NBC or CBS shows, the writers are able to craft intimate stories that are just as long as they need to be, and are never extended by convenient plot devices or cheats. This makes the show perfect for binge-watching, and with all four seasons currently streaming on Netflix, the time to experience it is now.

I've also been running through Luther lately, another amazing crime show with its own unique style. I ran through all the series last year and decided to do it again this year. I've grown to adore the British style of having compact little seasons (or series) that allow creators to tell the stories they need to tell without having to stretch them out artificially to meet demands or obligations. Idris Elba is electric as DCI Luther, a true talent all his own. He's approaching man crush territory for me right now, I swear it. With thrilling story lines, complex moral stakes and explosive chemistry between each of the characters, crime dramas rarely get any better than this.
  • I've been wondering if I should start watching Longmire, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. You sold me on it!
    Once I finish with The Wire I'll give it a go
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Sign me up for Longmire too, thanks to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 great post. Looks like a great show. I first need to go through 'House MD' that I just started watching for the first time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've been wondering if I should start watching Longmire, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. You sold me on it!
    Once I finish with The Wire I'll give it a go

I'm happy to hear that! I think you'll find that the two will compliment each other rather nicely despite their shocking changes in scenery. Their themes and overall moral ambiguity and tone will connect well, I suspect, while both offering their own unique thrills. When you get to Longmire, please share your thoughts. I'm basically on a mission to get everyone I know to watch it.
    Sign me up for Longmire too, thanks to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 great post. Looks like a great show. I first need to go through 'House MD' that I just started watching for the first time.

A-ha, another signed to the list. Very affirming. Going through House is a long and crazy journey, but I wish you well. As with @Master_Dahark, let me know your thoughts when you do get to it.

I suggest that neither of you look up anything about the show before you watch it, because as with anything worth experiencing, half the joy is all in the mystery. It also helps that it's a crime drama and mystery is a basic element of its genre, but you get what I mean... ;)

House M.D. one of my alltime favourites.
    Hugh Laurie made probably one of the greatest characters ever on TV. He is spectacular and you're in for quite a ride over the 8 seasons!

Ripper Street series 3 finale.

As enthrawling as ever, the cast is a stroke of genius and nice to have pretty much all the loose ends tied up, although the outcome for 2 of the characters leads us into series 4 i presume? Either way i look forward to seeing where we head too next! :-bd
  • I have always been sceptical of Jamie Dornan's acting abilities but when people on this particular forum commended his performance in The Fall, I just had to look it up. Obviously, I finished the series in three days, it was that addicting. Dornan is absolutely terrifying, and Gillian Anderson is in peak form. This role was made for her.
    It's a crime she hasn't been cast as a Bond girl. I'm still holding on to hope she does.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    It's a crime she hasn't been cast as a Bond girl. I'm still holding on to hope she does.

She has this mouth, I don't know what it is but it just draws attention for some reason.

Yes, her mouth is...ensnaring. it's crazy because I never really thought much of her when she was doing her initial run on x files but it was only when I saw her on last kong if Scotland tgat my eyes popped and since then, she always brings on a slight...stiffness. what a woman.