Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Classic Doctor Who : The Daemons. One of the show's best stories ever. And a little coincidence (but is it really a coincidence ?) : the name of the sargent who puts together the Doctor's apparatus : Osgood. Could he be the father or grandfather of Petronella ? There's a family ressemblance, after all.

Osgood.jpgOsgood1.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :) could be.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    We're Doomed! - The Dad's Army Story. A lovely nostalgic look at the beginnings of this timeless sit com. Well written and acted. A pure delight. Would watch again. Thank you BBC :-)
    Yes, a fantastic programme with a brilliant cast.
    I suppose you're aware of that, then ?

Yes, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be funny .... Just
    Not Dad's Army.
    Yes, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be funny .... Just
    Not Dad's Army.

I agree, the original TV series and its characters are so ingrained into the British public's mind, that i just can't see this film being particularly well received.

I think that curiosity and love of the old programme will get people in to see it. I'm going, and it has such a good cast. Looking forward to some good old fashioned comedy, after all…they don't like it up 'em!
    It hopefully will be a change from the many latest American comedies
    that all seem to be variations on " The Hangover" :(
    Watched the end of Day of the Daleks yesterday evening. Katie Manning was really a cutie in that dress. Plus The Husbands of River Song on the BBC (don't ask how I managed to see it live), which I liked a lot (a fun romp, and a moving ending), and the new episode of Elementary (we're still at the beginning of season 3 in France). Tonight, will watch the first two episodes of series 9 of Doctor Who on France 4, but more on that later in the dedicated thread, because... Well, let's just say it's getting more complicated to be a Whovian in France.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am watching a documentary series about Walt Disney this Christmas. Most fascinating.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Flew through the first two seasons of 'Peaky Blinders,' and what a terrific one it was: great acting, characters, pacing, set/costume design, and the plot/script always keeps things exciting and fresh. Big fan of it, looking forward to the return of the Shelbys in 2016.
  • Only fools and horses : To Hull And Back.
    BBC 1s And Then There Were None a three-part adaptation of Agatha Christie's Ten Little N*****s. Updated from Christie's time, hints of lesbianism, 'f' words and Poldark wrapped in a towel! A fantastic cast with Aidan Turner, Charles Dance, Toby Stephens, Miranda Richardson and the rather fetching Catherine Bailey. A great mystery thriller (much filmed) and I think they actually kept to Christie's ending.
    Yes great show that did indeed keep to the original ending. I really
    enjoyed it, but think it may have been better as a two hour film.
    Thought so @Thunderpussy, it's many years since I read the book (actually with the original title) so couldn't remember exactly, I know the film with Barry Fitzgerald has a 'happy' ending and then there is one from the 60s with a 'time out' where the audience has to guess who the killer is and there was a 70s version with Charles Aznavour where the hotel's in a desert or something. Not a very good version.
    Yes, I'm a bit of an Agatha Christie fan I've read all the Miss Marple and
    a few others over the years ( but I'm no expert on her work). The 70s version
    Had a strong cast, I remember Gert Frobe had a very odd high pitched voice
    dubbed on. The Happy ending, I guess lends itself to a more romantic feel,
    Although I feel Agatha had a strong sense of crime had to be punished. :)
    Some of the stories ( in my case any way) you feel for the murderer as
    They seem to have been cheated of justice as in Murder on the Orient Express.
    Little trivia, here : in the adaptation from the 60s, the last survivor was played by Shirley Eaton. One of her better parts, I think.
    On the trivia train, an UnCredited Christopher Lee was the voice on the record. ;)
    I loved all of Shirley's parts, admittedly some more than others ! :D
    BBC 1s And Then There Were None a three-part adaptation of Agatha Christie's Ten Little N*****s. Updated from Christie's time, hints of lesbianism, 'f' words and Poldark wrapped in a towel! A fantastic cast with Aidan Turner, Charles Dance, Toby Stephens, Miranda Richardson and the rather fetching Catherine Bailey. A great mystery thriller (much filmed) and I think they actually kept to Christie's ending.

Great stuff indeed, I watched it too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Listerdale_Mystery
    On a bit of trivia ( this is well known) Agatha Christie had a character called
    James Bond. Who appeared in The Rajah's emmeral. A short story from
    " The Listerdale Mystery" .
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Very good adaptation, top cast and glad they went with the original ending. What's the likelihood that Aidan Turner for Bond comments will intensify, I know Poldark (I never watched it) had some saying it but on the evidence of his turn here I would be willing to give him a chance.
    Has anyone been watching Jekyll and Hyde on itv, as I only caught one
    episode over Christmas, but thought it was brilliant.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm currently watching finding 007 on BBC 4. If anyones still up, definitely watch it. I've never seen this before and there are tonnes of footage I've never EVER seen.
    Season finale of "Homeland"
    I think it cool how they tied up everything but is it me or has the show just not been the same since Nicholas Brody was killed off in Season 3

This Fifth season started okay but it got all convoluted with some crazy storylines and everyone off in different directions. Season four was just as "out there."

I dunno...I just miss Brody.... 8-|
    Shardlake wrote: »

Very good adaptation, top cast and glad they went with the original ending. What's the likelihood that Aidan Turner for Bond comments will intensify, I know Poldark (I never watched it) had some saying it but on the evidence of his turn here I would be willing to give him a chance.

An Irish man as Bond? That'll never hap…oh wait a minute!

Not sold on him as Bond yet, but considering some of the suggestions I think he'd be in the top drawer come Bond 26 if Craig does Bond 25.
    An Irish Bond, there'll probably be a Scottish one, sometime ! :D

watch the end of year 8 out of 10 cats, in their poll question on the last
    year, it turns out that spectre was the 3rd most talked about event of 2015.
    An Irish Bond, there'll probably be a Scottish one, sometime ! :D

Now you just taking the pissh!
    I wonder if Richard Burton had landed the role, would Bond have had a
    Welsh back story ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Probably not. Fleming had Scottish blood himself.