The bad movies you love

Comments

I would normally rather stick pins in my eyes than watch anything from Michael Bay but I love Pearl Harbor. It suffered from not being Saving Private Ryan in the eyes of the stuffy critics but it never tried to be like that film. If was in fact a throwback to the big romantic melodrama war films that were made in the late forties and fifties and taken as such worked very well. And the actual attack sequence was superbly well done.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The Postman
    I actually like that one too. There must be something wrong with us...

:P

The Italian Il Postino or the Norwegian Postmannen?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The Postman
    I actually like that one too. There must be something wrong with us...

:P

The Italian Il Postino or the Norwegian Postmannen?

I think the Kevin Costner directed post-apocalyptic film.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited September 2015 Posts: 191
    Two bad movies I really enjoy are "Eat the Rich" and "The Lair of the White Worm", good memories.
  • MrLunnMrLunn Lunnigham
    Terminator Salvation - is panned but I love it.
    Talking of Terminator, Warlock is another bad (terrible even) movie I can't help but enjoy. It is cheap, has lousy effects and is basically a complete rip off of Terminator. Julian Sand is basically the T-800 turned into a... warlock from the past instead of a cyborg, and with a British accent. Like for many 80s horror movies, it seems that all their effort and budget was put in the poster. Yet I remember the excitement I had when I first saw the poster. I couldn't wait to watch it. I was sold before I ever saw the flick and how bad it was. I still watch it with pleasure.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Talking of Terminator, Warlock is another bad (terrible even) movie I can't help but enjoy. It is cheap, has lousy effects and is basically a complete rip off of Terminator. Julian Sand is basically the T-800 turned into a... warlock from the past instead of a cyborg, and with a British accent. Like for many 80s horror movies, it seems that all their effort and budget was put in the poster. Yet I remember the excitement I had when I first saw the poster. I couldn't wait to watch it. I was sold before I ever saw the flick and how bad it was. I still watch it with pleasure.
    I haven't seen that in like forever, but I remember it was great fun!
    I'll take my lumps for this one...

Fifty Shades of Grey

Bad film. Bad acting. But the soundtrack is fantastic, and there is something alluring about the pacific northwest setting that didn't quite work in the Twilight series.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 14,816
    I haven't seen that in like forever, but I remember it was great fun!

It's not all bad. But it's very bad. There are some elements however that are almost brilliant in their concept. And I should not have said it is a rip off Terminator: it also shamelessly steals from Highlander, The Omen and probably a few others. Just for the various influences, it is an almost admirable movie.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited September 2015 Posts: 191
    Oh I love Warlock too, both of them actually.

There's this other film I like with Julian Sands in it called Witch Hunt, although I wouldn't call it bad, it's more of a cult (no pun intended) movie.
  • American Pie: The book of love
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Does Die Another Day count? :P
    That's a bad one according to this forum :))

I just love it!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I think anything with a rotten rating on rottentomatoes.com counts.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Sark wrote: »
    I think anything with a rotten rating on rottentomatoes.com counts.

Well with that being said I'll mention the Entourage movie as well. I loved the show and I loved the movie just as much

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Two absolutely horrible comedies that never fail to make me laugh somehow are 'Boat Trip' (with Roger Moore...not sure how they managed to swing that) and 'White Chicks.' I don't know what it is, but they're hilarious.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 14,816
    Oh I love Warlock too, both of them actually.

There's this other film I like with Julian Sands in it called Witch Hunt, although I wouldn't call it bad, it's more of a cult (no pun intended) movie.

I haven't seen the sequels. What I love about Warlock is even though it fails on so many levels (because it never tries), it stumbles to work beautifully on many others: Warlock has far more personality than the T-800 he apes and in spite of the low budget film Julian Sands has incredible presence and is a very effective menace. Warlock has also more personality than a slasher's villain, while remaining threatening. And however ludicrous it is and gets, it keeps a straight face, it never truly falls into self parody. I don't know, I just love the movie. I enjoy it far more than most of the movies it rips off.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Irwin Allen's 'The Swarm' is rubbish. I know it's rubbish. Everyone knows it's rubbish. The script is so laughably awful, nay downright barking mad, that it beggars belief. Michael Caine delivers one of the worst (and SHOUTIEST!!!) performances of his career. In fact the bees effortlessly out-act the humans. Basically the film is an out and out unmitigated turkey. And yet I must have watched it 30 or 40 times. In my defence I'm tempted to say that I only watch it repeatedly because it features one of Jerry Goldsmith's greatest ever scores. But as I've got it on CD there's really no excuse to keep on watching the film. And yet I can't help myself. I sit there criticizing virtually every single frame. What is it about this most disastrous of all disaster movies that keeps me coming back for more? Am I going to keep on watching it? Will I buy it if it gets a Blu-Ray release? Yes to both! I'm clearly a hopeless case.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Oh I forgot about one my favorites. Some will agree to disagree because some like them and some hate them.

I absolutely love the Matrix sequels
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Oh I forgot about one my favorites. Some will agree to disagree because some like them and some hate them.

Does the word 'daft' mean anything to you?
    :))
    Irwin Allen's 'The Swarm' is rubbish. I know it's rubbish. Everyone knows it's rubbish. The script is so laughably awful, nay downright balrking mad, that it beggars belief. Michael Caine delivers one of the worst (and SHOUTIEST!!!) performances of his career. In fact the bees effortlessly out-act the humans. Basically the film is an out and out unmitigated turkey. And yet I must have watched it 30 or 40 times. In my defence I'm tempted to say that I only watch it repeatedly because it features one of Jerry Goldsmith's greatest ever scores. But as I've got it on CD there's really no excuse to keep on watching the film. And yet I can't help myself. I sit there criticizing virtually every single frame. What is it about this most disastrous of all disaster movies that keeps me coming back for more? Am I going to keep on watching it? Will I buy it if it gets a Blu-Ray release? Yes to both! I'm clearly a hopeless case.

This is basically how I feel about DAF.

Does the word 'daft' mean anything to you?
    :))

The thought had occurred to me.
    I've only watched King Kong Lives when I was a child but remember really enjoying it. And since there was King Kong junior in it I kept waiting for a sequel that never came.
    A few more films

Highlander (apparently the original film is considered bad by some people yet I love it and would argue it's Connery's best film post bond yes even better then last crusade)
    Highlander: Endgame same as the first it's very flawed but still isn't nearly as bad as 2 3 or "the source" God what horrible dreck that was in fact. The source is worse the. Highlander 2
    Halloween 6 the curse of Michael Myers: this film is genuinely ignored in spite of it being I believe Donald Pleasence last film and Paul Rudd's first. The film actually feels almost like an action film instead of an out right horror with a car chase and a lot of interesting plot threads. This is my favorite Paul Rudd film.
    The two Macgyver made for TV movies both of the have great points and poor points but it's still macgyver
    Sudden Death: hear me out yes I know the plot is ridiculous and it's clearly a die hard rip off but Come on Van Damme is brilliant and the villain is brilliant and just God is it fun.
    Ghostbusters 2: yeah especially with garbage remake we will be getting next year I think (which Bill "jack ass" Murphy is cameoing in I might add God I hate that guy for delaying what would of been a great thrilled ghostbusters films read the Sony leaks the script was leaked and it was fantastic) anyways ghostbusters 2 is well the same exact film as one but it's still amazing and the courtroom scene is genuinely fun

I think that is good enough for now
    Yes Sudden death, I loved that movie when I was younger. Basically Die Hard in a hockey arena
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've only watched King Kong Lives when I was a child but remember really enjoying it. And since there was King Kong junior in it I kept waiting for a sequel that never came.

You may or may not be pleased to know that a new Godzilla vs King Kong is being talked about among the companies that own them. From the sounds of it it could be made since both are somewhat popular again.

Risico007 wrote: »
    A few more films

Highlander (apparently the original film is considered bad by some people yet I love it and would argue it's Connery's best film post bond yes even better then last crusade)
    Highlander: Endgame same as the first it's very flawed but still isn't nearly as bad as 2 3 or "the source" God what horrible dreck that was in fact. The source is worse the. Highlander 2

I actually am a Highlander fan. The first is amazing but I think I enjoy Endgame the most and three is decent enough. Two was terrible and The Source was so bad that I can't even block it from my memory.
    A remake of the original has been talked about for awhile and at one point Ryan Reynolds was attached to it. Even though I'm tired of remakes I kind of hope this one happens.
  • Die Another Day :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The first Highlander film is a classic.

I absolutely adore the Herbie films. Especially Herbie Rides Again (1974).
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Another one For Highlander here. Love it.
    Yes, the first one is great. The others... not so much. But the TV series had its moments (plus, you know, Amanda ; Elizabeth Gracen would have been a good Bond Girl, I think).