The bad movies you love

Comments

• Con Air
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dumb and Dumber To. (Not directed towards anyone. Talking about the film.)
    I also liked the Godfather part 3, but compared to the other 2 i can understand why some people got really really dissapointed
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,405
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Daredevil
    Daredevil's only 'bad' in the theatrical version IMHO.
    Any film starring Ben Affleck is automatically bad. Ditto Nicholas Cage.

Without exception.

You can add Will "I don't have any talent but a marvelous agent" Ferrel to the list.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Daredevil
    Daredevil's only 'bad' in the theatrical version IMHO.
    Any film starring Ben Affleck is automatically bad. Ditto Nicholas Cage.

Without exception.

You can add Will "I don't have any talent but a marvelous agent" Ferrel to the list.

Except for Anchorman, Anchorman 2 and Step Brothers, which are comedy masterpieces.
    I also liked the Godfather part 3, but compared to the other 2 i can understand why some people got really really dissapointed

I find it disappointed, but its not a bad movie and I don't think it is considered as such.
    this is gonna get a few people annoyed

The A-team
    Non Stop
    The Shadow
    The Saint
    Jaws 2

Jaws 3 I like the idea behind the film but agree the execution is lazy man with a better director and a better looking shark...

Live Free or Die Hard

I acually like A good Day to Die Hard

Both National Treasure films
    I really disliked The Saint. I often say that Simon Templar had his Sean Connery in Roger Moore, but needed his Roger Moore, i.e. needed an actor who would be to Templar what Moore was to Bond. But that is another debate.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I'd forgotten about The Shadow, I love that movie !
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DrGorner wrote: »
    :)) I'd forgotten about The Shadow, I love that movie !
    I really liked that one too. Did you enjoy the remake (Batman Begins)?
    ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 13,894
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The Shadow

That's a bad movie? The Shadow is my favourite comic book movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This wil get me murdered but I really liked the 2nd Ghost Rider film with Cage.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I really disliked The Saint. I often say that Simon Templar had his Sean Connery in Roger Moore, but needed his Roger Moore, i.e. needed an actor who would be to Templar what Moore was to Bond. But that is another debate.

Actually Moore would be NOT the Sean Connery as George Sanders was a far better Saint and few decennia earlier, and he was more the Roger Moore of the Saint series.

Ian Ogilvy was perhaps much closer to the literary Saint than Moore ever was and the production values of Return of the Saint were way better than anything Moore did with the Saint.

The Saint the movie with Kilmer was easily more an ego project that somehow did capture Simon Templar and messed it up in other ways.

Imho.

As for Sean's 007 he borrowed far more from the literary Saint than that he did from the literary 007. The great dress sense and suave presentation is closer to Leslie Charteris creation as it is to Flemings.
    The Shadow

If you think that "The SHadow" is a bad movie you must really detest "Batman Begins" as the similarities are beyond coincidental. :D

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The Shadow

If you think that "The SHadow" is a bad movie you must really detest "Batman Begins" as the similarities are beyond coincidental. :D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Or to put it another way, The Shadow > Batman, though I do like the two Burton/Keaton films,
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Actually Moore would be NOT the Sean Connery as George Sanders was a far better Saint and few decennia earlier, and he was more the Roger Moore of the Saint series.

Ian Ogilvy was perhaps much closer to the literary Saint than Moore ever was and the production values of Return of the Saint were way better than anything Moore did with the Saint.

The Saint the movie with Kilmer was easily more an ego project that somehow did capture Simon Templar and messed it up in other ways.

Imho.

As for Sean's 007 he borrowed far more from the literary Saint than that he did from the literary 007. The great dress sense and suave presentation is closer to Leslie Charteris creation as it is to Flemings.

I mean that Moore popularized the character of Templar the way Connery popularized Bond. Ian Ogilvy may have been far closer to the literary Saint (I have not seen Ogilvy's take, so cannot judge for myself), but the most popular and successful take was Moore's.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    I love the Val Kilmer film, The Saint, with Elisabeth Shue. I like it a lot actually. And the cinematography was fine, too.

I still love Ever After, the Drew Barrymore take on the Cinderella story; I thought it was clever, warm, and very well done.

So ... I just realized maybe they don't fit this category. I think some people did not care for the films. But they are definitely not bad films. For sure not "bad films I love."

I'll try to think of others I think are "bad" but I like them anyway ...

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Does Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift count?
    I think it was a pretty bad film, not good; but I enjoy it because I find amusement of its take on Japan.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 14,824
    The future bad movie I will love, when I can watch it: Alien Rising. According to the reviews it is a bad movie. It may not be so bad, but anyway, it fits the category enough just because of the reviews. I know I will love it because the man who did the special effects is a personal friend of mine (I am the godfather of his son):

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The worst movie I ever loved...?

Impulse starring William Shatner.
    IMPULSE%2Blecher.JPG

This movie is an unintentional laugh riot.
    Alien v Predator
    Bad Teacher is on. It is beyond stupid. Still working its charm. And I don't even like Cameron Diaz.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,554
    Nightwing (1979 horror film about vampire bats on an Indian reservation)
    Less Than Zero (early Robert Downey film widely panned but worth a watch 28 years later)
    War of the Gargantuas
    Dude Where's My Car
    Airport '75
    Any 1960s Godzilla movie
    Earthquake
    Road Trip
    Diamonds are Forever
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Any Michael Bay film.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Any Michael Bay film.

Hear hear! I greatly enjoy his films. They are loud and dumb, but still highly entertaining. Give me Armageddon, Pain and Gain or Transformers over any James Cameron film of the last 20 years.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "Knowing" starring Nick Cage
  • RC7RC7
    Any Michael Bay film.

Hear hear! I greatly enjoy his films. They are loud and dumb, but still highly entertaining. Give me Armageddon, Pain and Gain or Transformers over any James Cameron film of the last 20 years.

So basically Titanic and Avatar.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Any Michael Bay film.

So basically Titanic and Avatar.

And True Lies.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

I wouldn't call Godfather 3 a 'bad' movie - and I think it is quite underrated. Seems to get a lot of hate for some reason, mainly directed at Sophia Coppola.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I wouldn't call Godfather 3 a 'bad' movie - and I think it is quite underrated. Seems to get a lot of hate for some reason, mainly directed at Sophia Coppola.

As much a block of wood in that film as is humanly possible, imho. Particularly with the charisma radiating from Pacino and Garcia in the same film.