The bad movies you love

Comments

patb wrote: »
    Independence Day
    Rocky 3 and 4

Rocky 3 was not bad, it was actually quite good. Not nearly as much as the first one, but still solid boxing movie. Stallone has flaws, but he knows and loves boxing.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    Ludovico wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    Independence Day
    Rocky 3 and 4

Rocky 3 was not bad, it was actually quite good. Not nearly as much as the first one, but still solid boxing movie. Stallone has flaws, but he knows and loves boxing.
    The second one is pretty tedious, watched it this afternoon, its like ben hur or Lawrence of Arabia or something, just hours and hours of nothing but sly slurring like a bum
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Rocky V. Get a lawyer & sue me.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The Shawshank Redemption

Your just naming movies now.
    The Shawshank Redemption is regarded by many to be a great film.
    Some of your comments and general attitude are gaining you un welcome attention @MartinAston. I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu. I hope I'm wrong.

According to the IMDB ratings, its the best movie ever made!
    Benny wrote: »
    I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu. I hope I'm wrong.
    Heh, you're not IMHO.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,437
    Last year i watch those:

Zookeeper (2011)
    Lockout (2012)
    Death Race 2 (2010)
    Blitz (2011)

7/10
    I may be in the minority here, but I like the Police Academy movies. Mainly because of Michael Winslow. Here's an extract that has me in stitches :

chrisisall wrote: »
    Well, I see we're including merely questionable movies as well.
    So I'll add:
    Fifth Element
    Godzilla vs. Hedorah
    Star Trek V
    Die Another Day
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Man With The Golden Gun
    Supergirl
    Supernova
    Robocop 3
    Airwolf: The Movie
    The Postman

Wait a second, this is as classic Italian movie that is revered as one of cinema's greatest... Oh, you mean the Kevin Costner movie.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I have to admit loving the Police Academy films too, for me they're like
    American " Carry on" films, ( which I also love).
    American Pie: The book of love
    The first three Transformers movies
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    A Good Day to Die Hard.

Nah, who am I kidding :P I like Dark Shadows (Tim Burton film), Transformers 2, Outpost (its got a 4. something rating on imdb).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    People blast Die Hard 2 generally, but I can't get enough of it. I personally rank it only just below the original, and in some ways, I like it better.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    bondjames wrote: »
    People blast Die Hard 2 generally, but I can't get enough of it. I personally rank it only just below the original, and in some ways, I like it better.

Me too. I love Die Hard 2. I don't think it's better than the original but it's a good continuation. I especially love the dubbed version. Yippi Ki Yay....Mr. Falcon. :))

• edited January 2015 Posts: 11,189
    DH2 was actually the first of the Die Hard's I ever saw. I remember I recorded it on ITV when I was about 13 and they cut out ALL the F-words.

Watching it now, its entertaining but its the cheesiest of the FOUR Die Hard films.

"You're not such a rascal afterall" :))

That sounds really camp and silly. As if Maclane would ever say that.
    Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis & Danny Aillo I do consider a great and entertaining movie, it is totally OTT not unlike the Airplane movies, of which I do love the 2nd installment Airplane 2, especially when James T. Kirk pops up. Back to the HH which is a cross between a comedy, heistmovie and a parody, it does not quite match but it keeps me amused every time I watch it.
    I'm right there with ya, B.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    My favourite is: "Too bad Mclaine..... I kinda liked you. I got enough friends!!!"
    I'm right there with ya, B.

I couldn't even sit through it. It is just a repeat of the first, in a different setting, and it is so darn implausible that McClane happens to go through the very same ordeal twice at total random.
    I couldn't even sit through it. It is just a repeat of the first, in a different setting, and it is so darn implausible that McClane happens to go through the very same ordeal twice at total random.

"...how can the same s**t happen to the same guy twice??!?" =)) I love that line!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 13,894
    Outpost (its got a 4. something rating on imdb).

The 2008 horror film, Outpost? It was far from a bad film, imo. It was one of the best horror films of the 2000's. I don't put much stock in IMDB ratings. American Mary at 6.3? [-(

McQ (1974). John Wayne, an actor I don't care for, in a shameless Dirty Harry clone.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

"...how can the same s**t happen to the same guy twice??!?" =)) I love that line!

He should have a chat with Bond.

But for Bond it's his job. For McClane, it happens on his holidays, while it seems that is daily job as a cop is far less eventful.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

But for Bond it's his job. For McClane, it happens on his holidays, while it seems that is daily job as a cop is far less eventful.

True. It is him and Kevin McCallister who are cursed.
    But didn't Fleming once say that Bond's job was, for the most part, tedious and consisted of paperwork? Only once a year did the big adventures come along.

Uneventful? Yeah right :p
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

He should really have a chat with Liam. :)

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Rocky V. Get a lawyer & sue me.

No need for any lawyers. There are good moments in Rocky 5. Yes, it's true. The scene with Mickey for example.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Flashdance. :)

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a classic that is not necessarily bad, just not a brilliant movie?
  • Ludovico wrote: »

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a classic that is not necessarily bad, just not a brilliant movie?

Speaking from experience, the welding scenes are very innacurate