The bad movies you love

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    One of my all time favourites:

SNAKES ON A PLANE

is that bad enough? :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Hollow Man, Valentine, Urban Legend, Anaconda, Lake Placid, The Temp, The Skulls (I've always been a sucker for a cheap thrill/scare)

Final Analysis, Bad Boys, Under Siege 2, Sphinx, Money Talks, Most Wanted, Passenger 57

I know there's more. Just have to think it through.
    I still think the bad movie I love is the worst. It has Justin Timberlake in it. That is how bad it is.

Oh and I have not seen it since I was a child, but when I was a child, I thought King Kong Lives was a great sequel to a great movie. I might still have a soft spot for it, who knows.
    ACTION JACKSON, at the top of my list, standing apart from all the rest (though it is hard to see it, because there is so much smoke -- the film really suffers from the post-ET post-FLASHDANCE look.) COMMANDO is on there, too, just saw it on blu-ray.
  • The Fearless Vampire Killers, a lot of Vincent Price movies, etc.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Rocky 3
    Die Hard 2
    Machete
    Machete Kills
    Bloodsport
    Rambo 3
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Fearless Vampire Killers, a lot of Vincent Price movies, etc.

You did not just bring Vincent Price into this thread (no matter for what film). Just for that, I am going to banish you to some lonely far off place...

raven1-thumb.jpg

;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Vincent Price rules! \m/
    The Fearless Vampire Killers, a lot of Vincent Price movies, etc.

The fearless vampire killers is not a bad movie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I enjoy The Fearless Vampire Killers, no matter what people say about Polanski.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Indy 4
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

One of my all time favourites:

SNAKES ON A PLANE

is that bad enough? :))

Yes but I love it too.
    You can throw Indy 4 into the ring for me as well

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A couple of films I know are prety bad, but that I love regardless: FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and HARDWARE.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'm watching one right now: Men, Women, & Children. All I heard last year was how bad this film was, but it's kind of interesting. It does have two actresses I have always found oddly alluring: Rosemarie DeWitt and Judy Greer.
    A couple of films I know are prety bad, but that I love regardless: FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and HARDWARE.

I would not call From Dusk till Dawn bad, although it is very uneven.
    FDTD changes genre midway through the film. Interesting experiment.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FDTD changes genre midway through the film. Interesting experiment.

Yes. It could have been better.

Another film that does this is Something Wild, which starts as a comedy and turns into a thriller.

ZERO HOUR. The film AIRPLANE is based on. Hard to imagine, but much of the dialogue is the same.
    Battleship
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Dr. Phibes rules!!
    GREEN HORNET and DEATH RACE

I never read the GH comics, so that could be the reason. Waltz is a hoot in it.
    Death Race (never saw the original DR 2000) is not too different from Mad Max.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Masters of the universe. 80's nostalgia and reliving a happy childhood.
    GREEN HORNET and DEATH RACE

I never read the GH comics, so that could be the reason. Waltz is a hoot in it.
    Death Race (never saw the original DR 2000) is not too different from Mad Max.

GH (the movie) has nothing to do with the real Green Hornet (who didn't start in the comics, anyway). The only good thing in it was Jay Chou, the best Kato since Bruce Lee. And you should really see the original Death Race. I loved it.

My pick : the Police Academy movies, if only for Michael Winslow.

Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter
    Barb Wire
    Jonah Hex
    Alone In The Dark
    Batman & Robin
    No way is Jonah Hex a bad movie. It is a brilliant one.
    No way is Jonah Hex a bad movie. It is a brilliant one.

I think so too, but isn't it considered to be "bad"?
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    The postman
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned the legendary The Room yet - a movie so bad it still gets packed cinema screenings around the world. Tommy Wiseau, the bizarre writer, producer, director and STAR of the movie, clearly has issues with trust and women, and is the subject of a fantastic making-of book that is currently being turned into a movie itself.

Here is a clip from the movie, starring the aforementioned Tommy, along with Mark (played by Greg Sestero, who ended up writing that making of book I mentioned: 'The Disaster Artist).

In the scene Tommy's fiancée Lisa has been telling people that Tommy's been hitting her but Tommy doesn't know that Mark is sleeping with Lisa behind his back!

The entire film's like this. Plot threads and major characters appear only to disappear a few scenes later and never get mentioned again. (This happens well into the final act of the film, too).

The best scene, almost poetic in its nonsense, is when Tommy buys some flowers for his beloved. It's like the writer/director has never seen people speak to each other in real life:

I have been to see it on the big screen multiple times, including one time with a Q+A with Tommy, who signed my DVD copy. I implore you to see the movie if you haven't already. It's bonkers!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Postman
    I actually like that one too. There must be something wrong with us...

:P
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Would The Wolfman with the badly miscast Benicio Del Toro be considered bad? Because I really like it, especially the Director's Cut with the Max Von Sydow cameo.