The bad movies you love

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, she'll never get a good weld with that mix. :))
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    No penetration at all, needs to reassess the flux, just my opinion, might just get away with a crude MIG weld
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    It is a fun B or B- level kind of film, in my opinion. Not horribly bad no. It sure set trends in fashion and exploded disco music even more, but I do not consider it a classic film, no.
    It is a fun B or B- level kind of film, in my opinion. Not horribly bad no. It sure set trends in fashion and exploded disco music even more, but I do not consider it a classic film, no.
    I agree, the theme of the thread is bad movies that you like. IMO, it is a bad movie, YES!, do I enjoy it? Hell yes. I think all of us human beings like something that entertains without asking for anything back. Flashdance gives us that.
    It goes in my not so good, rather bad film category. Just not an extremely bad film.
  • It goes in my not so good, rather bad film category. Just not an extremely bad film.
    Fair play, I mean not the absolute worst film in the world, the production does make an effort, which sets it aside from other truly bad movies IMO such as the aforementioned Snakes on a plane.
    The worst movies in my opinion are those that try to be good but fail miserably, the tongue in cheek ones, fair enough. I am thinking along the lines of Olympus Has Fallen. I genuinely think the intention was for a serious movie, but it was terrible (but I still liked it :-/)
    edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Has anybody seen ... what was it called? ... John Carter? Just curious. It was expensive, I think, and a major quick failure. I was wondering if it was truly a bad film or meh, or decent.
    Here is a summary of plot by IMDb: John Carter, a Civil War veteran who in 1868 was trying to live a normal life, is "asked" by the Army to join. But he refuses so he is locked up. He escapes and is pursued. Eventually they run into some Indians and there's a gunfight. Carter seeks refuge in a cave. While there he encounters someone who is holding some kind of medallion. When Carter touches it, he finds himself in a place where he can leap incredible heights, among other things. He later encounters beings he has never seen before. Later he meets a woman who helps him to discover that he is on Mars. And he learns there's some kind of unrest going on.

I had no idea it was sci fi.
    I am going to throw one out here. Huge production and years and years in the making. All star cast. Terrible movie, but with some laughs and one I ultimately love.

I present to you.....

Hancock.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Has anybody seen ... what was it called? ... John Carter? Just curious. It was expensive, I think, and a major quick failure. I was wondering if it was truly a bad film or meh, or decent.
    Ohhhh, John Carter... anyone who actually sees this movie and puts it on their 'bad' list has a bad case of grownupitus, as well as a turnip where their heart should be IMHO.
    It's a throwback to the olden days of Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon sci fi with today's technology. I saw it in the theatre, got the DVD immediately, then the Blu Ray when I got a player. It is by no means a truly great movie, but a B movie with an A movie treatment. Please @4EverBonded, give it a try- I think the romantic in you might enjoy it.
    You might not love it as much as I did, but it's far from a waste of at least one viewing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @MajorDSmythe I totally agree, 'Outpost' was a great film, but I just mean it got a 'bad' imdb rating. I would never describe this film any differently than 'underrated gem'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Crackerjack. AKA Die Hard at a Ski Resort minus Bruce Willis. What a fun cheesy knockoff. ;)
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,687
    Murdock wrote: »
    Crackerjack. AKA Die Hard at a Ski Resort minus Bruce Willis. What a fun cheesy knockoff. ;)
    So bad it's great. The explosion model wasn't that bad, actually...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    So bad it's great. The model wasn't that bad, either

And it had Christopher Plummer as Hans Gruber...errr I mean. Ivan Goetz ;)
    I need that one on DVD...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Just looked it up and noticed Natassja Kinski is in it. I'm definitely buying this.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just looked it up and noticed Natassja Kinski is in it. I'm definitely buying this.
    It's why I bought Terminal Velocity...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's why I bought Terminal Velocity...

Me too. On Blu ray. Love that movie. It has Gandolfini pre-Sopranos as well.
    Me too. On Blu ray. Love that movie. It has Gandolfini pre-Sopranos as well.
    Me too on Blu Ray. So much fun!
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,314
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Kingpin
    Not bad. Just not up to par with their best work. It's a shame if people can't appreciate it.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Another one I love of the Farrelli Brothers and I have no idea if it is good or bad is Shallow Hal. Because Hal reads George Pelecanos.
    Do people hate this one? I think it has heart and has a lot to say about the PC culture.

Superman III (Chris looked awesome, and fighting himself was classic stuff)
    Not bad! Obviously, it's nowhere near the quality of the original and a step behind II but it's light years ahead of IV! Reeve really sold it as Evil Superman.
    patb wrote: »
    Clear and Present Danger, Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games and The Sum of All Fears
    Who thinks that HFRO and PG are bad? Never heard that before. CAPD is not on par with the first two but I still enjoy it. TSOAF is total crap though.

patb wrote: »
    Rocky 3 and 4
    You're just trolling now
    Shallow Hal was not a bad movie, true, it was not exactly masterpiece. Far from the kind of movie I'd usually love, but it gave me a new found respect for the Farrelly brothers.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS. (The film, that is.)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited January 2015 Posts: 5,080
    I like BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS. (The film, that is.)

That's a cult classic! I love it myself.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I know it's crap, but every so often I'll watch Die Hard 5. :D
    I have a strange affection for
    GodFather 3
    It may have been slammed by the critics but I liked it. I liked the character of Vincent played by Andy Garcia as Santino Corleone's bastard son. I liked the relationship between Michael's daughter and Vincent, her first cousin.
    Was it a fitting end to one of the greatest films of all time?
    you decide.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    GF3 was a good one imo. Other so called "bad" films I like- the first Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Jonah Hex.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    GodFather 3
    It may have been slammed by the critics but I liked it. I liked the character of Vincent played by Andy Garcia as Santino Corleone's bastard son. I liked the relationship between Michael's daughter and Vincent, her first cousin.
    you decide.

But Godfather 3 was considered a lesser/disappointing movie. Not a bad movie per se.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    GodFather 3
    you decide.

But Godfather 3 was considered a lesser/disappointing movie. Not a bad movie per se.
    Godfather 3 is the poor relation to the other movies.
    Daredevil
    Daredevil's only 'bad' in the theatrical version IMHO.

• chrisisall wrote: »
    Daredevil
    Daredevil's only 'bad' in the theatrical version IMHO.
    Any film starring Ben Affleck is automatically bad. Ditto Nicholas Cage.

Without exception.