Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I saw a site state that the title song will be released on Tuesday, not simply announced. Has anyone else heard this? I thought the artist was being announced and that's it.
  • I highly doubt they'll release the song this early. Even if it was a moderate hit, it would sound like yesterday's news by November. If we're lucky, we'll learn the artist on Tuesday and that's good enough for me. The song is more likely going to be a Halloween treat.
    What I could see is them releasing a song on Tuesday. I mean what if Spectre has two? (One during the main titles and another one during the end credits.)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    If it's Ellie Goulding, then I will ban myself from MI6community. In fact, if it's ANYONE other than RADIOHEAD I will ban myself. It's Everything or Nothing. I'm all in.

(*If they announce that Spectre will have two or more songs and one of them is by Radiohead, then I will consider it as a win, and I won't leave the forum.)
    If it's Ellie Goulding, then I will ban myself from MI6community. In fact, if it's ANYONE other than RADIOHEAD I will ban myself. It's Everything or Nothing. I'm all in.

(*If they announce that Spectre will have two or more songs and one of them is by Radiohead, then I will consider it as a win, and I won't leave the forum.)

You wouldn't leave any way.

Besides, I don't want you to.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

You wouldn't leave any way.

Besides, I don't want you to.
    I'm afraid I won't have another choice if it's not Radiohead. I went all in.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    $5,000,000 buy in needed? I'm bleeding chips.
  • They ought to be firmly in my age bracket, but although I had heard of Radiohead - I couldn't have named a single song of theirs. So I've just got off YouTube and I think they would be a strange choice for Bond indeed. If they had got TWINE, I would understand - very 90's. But Spectre? In dunno. The music is unique, but quite dreary and the lead singers vocals sound half-arsed throughout the songs with little passion or effort.

My hunch would be Ellie Goulding. Not my cup of tea generally, but clearly very talented and capable to produce something fit for the 21st century.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    If it's Lady Gaga then the timing would be alright, because it would be a sure Top 5 hit all over the world for at least 2 months.
    Adele could be as successful too.

But I don't believe in such an early release anyway, so it's highly hypothetical.
    Well...we'll see.

I'm afraid it will be Ellie Goulding then.

I can imagine that EON realises that they can no longer guarantee the song not to be leaked at one point.
    So they will throw it on the market rather sooner than too late.

Goulding was the first in the rumour mill and usually the first rumours tend to be closer to the truth than what comes later.

Goulding would make sense marketing wise. Let's face it, there is no other artist that had so many long lasting hits in the charts than Goulding.
    I'm not sure about the US but in Europe she is HUGE, I believe she has been constantly in the charts for over two years now in most of Europe's countries. Sometimes with more than one song.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    talos7 wrote: »
    There is no downside to having GaGa as the performer.

Very true.

• edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    Since the theme song/s announcement is pretty much confirmed for tomorrow, it's time to make the final guess on who's doing it/them based upon the rumours and news we got so far.

My final guess is two songs: title song by Radiohead (even though i would have loved Arctic Monkeys to do it), credits song by Adele (link with SF)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    It's going to be Gaga, or at least I hope. I don't care what articles I read (which are bull predictions), she just makes so much sense that it would be criminal not to use her.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Fresh rumour emerging - it could be Steps.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    My guess: Ellie Goulding/Radiohead for title theme, Adele for secondary song.
    NicNac wrote: »

Nah...I know for a fact it's gonna be the Spice Girls
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    NicNac wrote: »

Nah...I know for a fact it's gonna be the Spice Girls

Guys, it's S Club 7.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Don't you mean, S Club 007??
  • Okay, one important question I have now:

A. Only the title song artist(s) will be released, without the song airing on radio's across the globe, because that will happen first week of October?
    B. Will both the title song artist be revealed, together with the song airing on radio's across the globe?
    I would prefer option B dear GG
  • RC7RC7
    http://attitude.co.uk/sam-smith-is-definitely-not-singing-the-james-bond-theme/

Smith shutting down SP rumours again. Doth protest too much?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    http://attitude.co.uk/sam-smith-is-definitely-not-singing-the-james-bond-theme/

Smith shutting down SP rumours again. Doth protest too much?

Nowadays, in today's crazy hacking/social-media environment, the best way to prevent rumours going awry, is be lying fiercefully. That works best :-).
  • anyone remember the date when the SKYFALL title track was released? Was is this early?
  • RC7RC7
    anyone remember the date when the SKYFALL title track was released? Was is this early?

It was around the beginning of October. I think it was released on the 5th, but I seem to recall a sample being available before that.
    (
    anyone remember the date when the SKYFALL title track was released? Was is this early?

October 5th, 2012
    Another Way To Die was released on September 12, 2008!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,021
    @RC7 and @BondJasonBond006 Thanks for the replies.

Another Way To Die was released early...and completely forgotten about by the time the film opened!...until I heard it being screeched during the opening credits!
  • (

October 5th, 2012

I am so thankful I'm sharing agent 007's birthday ;-). October 5th 2012 was such a memorable day for me. Witnessing the 50th anniversary, with the release of that won-der-ful song "Skyfall", which went on to win a Grammy, an Oscar and a Golden Globe :-).

And now....we're again living another Bond year. It's so marvelous being a Bond fan...*sigh* 8-> .