Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

Maybe Radiohead will do the secondary song for the end credits and someone more relevant will do the main title song.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,756
    I hope it's not Radiohead just to rub it in Panchito's face.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    So perhaps @PanchitoPistoles was right after all ;)
    I know I am right. It's Radiohead. Everyone should get used to it. B-) Also, I'm predicting that that Spectre will have at least two original songs. (One during the main titles, and the other during the end credits perhaps?)

Ha! :)) I know I'm right too. It will be ole Adele belting out another Bond tune, count on it!!!
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I'm probably too old to like any of Radiohead's stuff. To say it in a polite way. And I have no idea how they would fit in with the 60's retro vibe of Spectre. But I'm gonna wait and see what comes up in the end.
    Don't worry, I'm young and share your sentiment.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,756
    Mansfield wrote: »
    I'm probably too old to like any of Radiohead's stuff. To say it in a polite way. And I have no idea how they would fit in with the 60's retro vibe of Spectre. But I'm gonna wait and see what comes up in the end.

Same here, I can usually see the appeal in some songs, but 90% of Radiohead's song don't even have a rhythm, they sound like an austistic 14 year old child experimented on the piano for a few hours.
    Tuesday will be a glorious day. B-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Tuesday will be a glorious day. B-)

For none other than you and Radiohead.

Same here, I can usually see the appeal in some songs, but 90% of Radiohead's song don't even have a rhythm, they sound like an austistic 14 year old child experimented on the piano for a few hours.

This best describes my impression of Radiohead too though alas I'm not young either. What was Sam Smith's number again, someone give it to EON?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,043

Listen to this and try and tell me it sounds like a bunch autistic 14 year olds.

or this

@dominicgreene your views on contemporary music are very limited and I doubt you've listened to practically any Radiohead to form such an opinion. Stick to your crappy pop like Smith & Goulding, I like classical music as well but I also listen to other music and wouldn't just dismiss something because it wasn't made 200 years ago.
    The arguments over the poster are going to look like a Sunday school picnic next to what happens here on Tuesday over the title song choice. I can't wait. :((
  • I'm not expecting an announcement until I get some official info on it or a better source. Because I don't just trust one guy from the us telling jamesbondradio its out Tuesday. But if it's true, then I find It funny that I actually think its an artist nobody has even mentioned.
  • SasSas
    It is unlikely that a Radiohead song will help Spectre much in promotion tbh. They never had a hit in the US and their last top 10 hit in the UK was in 2003.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not expecting an announcement until I get some official info on it or a better source. Because I don't just trust one guy from the us telling jamesbondradio its out Tuesday. But if it's true, then I find It funny that I actually think its an artist nobody has even mentioned.

Then who do you believe the artist is?
    Radiohead had one truly great record: OK Computer, I'd go so far to say it might even be the most important British record of the nineties.
    But after that it went downhill, slowly but steadily and Radiohead are irrelevant, their last impact on the music world was in 2007.
    It doesn't matter their last album has sold quite well.
    So has Michael Bublé's Christmas album (9,3 million units so far).
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    Oh, i'm not suggesting I know who the artist is. I'm just saying, I have a strong feeling we will all be surprised and it wont be anyone rumoured on this forum. But I've conducted my thoughts below. Little elimination game.

Adele return - Possible
    Radiohead - NO
    Ellie Goulding - Big No
    Sam Smith - certainly not doing it.

Please let me know your thoughts with my elimination game.

Place the artists rumoured, then let me know at the side how doubtful you are they are doing it.

• MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    What is good about Radiohead? I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to music, but like anyone else I can tell when someone has a voice that carries or music that is truly spellbinding. They don't clearly display either quality.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Listen to this and try and tell me it sounds like a bunch autistic 14 year olds.

or this

@dominicgreene your views on contemporary music are very limited and I doubt you've listened to practically any Radiohead to form such an opinion. Stick to your crappy pop like Smith & Goulding, I like classical music as well but I also listen to other music and wouldn't just dismiss something because it wasn't made 200 years ago.

Well, those aren't really that great, I find them extremely boring. I don't see the Bond quality in them.

The only songs I like are Paranoid Android and Karma Police, because they sound like actual songs.

Oh, i'm not suggesting I know who the artist is. I'm just saying, I have a strong feeling we will all be surprised and it wont be anyone rumoured on this forum. But I've conducted my thoughts below. Little elimination game.

Adele return - Possible
    Radiohead - NO
    Ellie Goulding - Big No
    Sam Smith - certainly not doing it.

Please let me know your thoughts with my elimination game.

Place the artists rumoured, then let me know at the side how doubtful you are they are doing it.

First let me say I KNOW who the artist is that is going to sing the Bond theme.

ADELE
    I am right, unless I'm wrong :P

Radiohead - would be stupid really
    Goulding and Smith - probably good move as it will sell millions but disappointing choice

Lady Gaga - now that would be exciting and would create buzz that would go on for months!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'm going to list my thoughts on the matter. If SPECTRE really is going to be Craig's last film, I want another rock theme a la "You Know My Name" to bring it full circle and be a great bookend.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I think it will be Shirley Bassey and Jack White.
    Metallica could do the theme, seriously. When they don't go full "Metal" they're actually pretty orchestral and cinematic.

• TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited September 2015 Posts: 191
    It's gonna be all the surviving previous title song artists, they will do a 'We are the world-type recording'.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Didn't someone say that the artist also did some acting?

Gaga would cause quite a stir wouldn't she?

I'm guessing either Gaga and McCartney or Collins and Adele.

Hoping not Sam Smith or that other one... what's her name? ..or a dying possum as the lesser evil of these.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Gaga is doing American Horror Story this season
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    talos7 wrote: »
    Gaga is doing American Horror Story this season

The song was recorded quite awhile ago it seems, so she could have done both.

Unless you're just saying, in which, yes and it seems awesome!

Seems like it'll either be Gaga or Radiohead.
    Just pointing out that she acts. That said, I think she could do an incredible job and would produce major headlines. Headlines=free publicity for the film and the artist.
    It's gonna be Gaga. I can feel it...
    There is no downside to having GaGa as the performer.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    What is good about Radiohead? I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to music, but like anyone else I can tell when someone has a voice that carries or music that is truly spellbinding. They don't clearly display either quality.
    Regardless of what you think about their music, which I don't have a problem with, Thom Yorke has a very impressive vocal range. You don't have to be an expert to recognize it. What is "good" about them, in my humble opinion, is that they are actual genuine artists. They write their own songs and actually play their own instruments. They are not fake, mass produced pop music for the masses. They refused to cave in to the label's demands and were successful doing it their way. Again, it's fine if you don't like them. However, to deny their talent and accomplishments just comes across as a little ignorant on your part.