Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    @NickTwentyTwo

Lady Gaga has written songs for other artists before, as I said she is an accomplished songwriter.
    So, the least she will have done is writing a song for Adele, or maybe singing backing vocals or even a duet.
    In any case, good news.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    @BondJasonBond006 I agree! Personally I'd be surprised if Gaga just wrote, or was just doing backup vocals, but it's impossible to say.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @BondJasonBond006 I agree! Personally I'd be surprised if Gaga just wrote, or was just doing backup vocals, but it's impossible to say.

The thing is she has done it before, contrary to her appearance she is modest and seems to be a lovely person.
    Watching her with Tony Bennett in interviews, videos and live performances always makes me cry. I really think Tony is very fond of her, in a good way.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

The thing is she has done it before, contrary to her appearance she is modest and seems to be a lovely person.
    Watching her with Tony Bennett in interviews, videos and live performances always makes me cry. I really think Tony is very fond of her, in a good way.

Fair enough. Cheek to Cheek was amazing, as was her Oscars performance. I've been a fan of hers since The Fame too :)
  • Do you all know about the official poster released today.Its amazing. SITE_POSTER-1000x640.jpg
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    Could this have been the announcement going round. ? Or will the artist be revealed on Tuesday. Is that in uk time too, as the source is from US

Also will this poster be able for purchase sometime.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The announcement for today was confirmed to be the poster, and we will see the title song artist revealed on Tuesday, which goes alongside tickets being available for purchase.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, title song this coming Tuesday, the 8th. At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, I think Lady Gaga is left field enough to fit the hints we've been given. She can belt it out, be jazzy or thoughtful. Don't care for her in general, but if she were to give it the proper effort, she could pull it off very well, I think.

Taylor Swift, no thank you.

I don't know Lorde, but will listen to some later. Kaiser Chiefs would be very different and interesting. Anyway, not long to wait now! #:-S
    If this announcement is true then, will we hear the song too. Or is that to much to wish for. ?
    Shouldn't we hear the song after knowing the artist. I cannot remember how it worked with Adele. ?
    What about an Ice Cube rap song as the title song? On a more serious note: RADIOHEAD is still the band doing the main song.
    I think it's nothing more than an artist name press release so no more than an 'omg it's Taylor Swift' or a jeysus it's Sam Smith moment. There may be some mileage in keeping it a blind spot so it's heard as viewed at the opening credits?
    No, we will certainly hear the song before the film. That's always happens, but I don't think they would leave it too long after announcing artist. Sam Mendes said we wouldn't have to wait long, so I'm hoping we do get a sample of the song at least.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,554
    If the song is being announced on Tuesday, then I am sticking with Ellie Goulding, who will be (by no coincidence, it seems) performing for the NFL kickoff on Thursday night.

twitter_kickoff2.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »
    If the song is being announced on Tuesday, then I am sticking with Ellie Goulding, who will be (by no coincidence, it seems) performing for the NFL kickoff on Thursday night.

twitter_kickoff2.jpg

I sincerely hope not. Not a voice for Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,554
    jake24 wrote: »

twitter_kickoff2.jpg

I disagree. If the song is right, she can pull it off.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    (deleted)
  • I wonder if they'll announce only the artist or release a sample of the song too.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I've been thinking about this and, as long as we get a decent song for the movie, I don't mind who does it. I'd be happy with Lady Gaga, Radiohead or whoever else has been mentioned (none that I care for as I'm an 80's rock lover). Hmm, saying that, how about Whitesnake, Motley Crue or, dare I say my favourites, Guns N' Roses \m/ =))
    As with the latest and final poster, there doesn't appear to be a coherent marketing strategy other than to turn every announcement into a Big Event. Trouble is, if you're going to turn every bit of news or marketing into an Event then the end product has to be worth the build-up. I'm not holding my breath that the next "big event" won't end up being as much a damp squib as today's, or yesterday's for that matter. Fingers crossed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is going to be a long weekend.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

twitter_kickoff2.jpg

I disagree. If the song is right, she can pull it off.

naaha . she has the worst softest voice ever. no match for bond songs
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    To be honest, every artist for the last few decades a 'Bond Song' rather than one that is anything like their usual work. Whoever is doing SPECTRE will likely be the same.

I'd love to hear the song BEFORE learning the artist/band but there's no way that's going to happen!

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    All this thread is is a constant back and forth...

'it's going to be Sam Smith'
    'Sam Smith? yuck, they should get Lady Gaga'
    'Lady Gaga? WTF? Radio head is perfect'
    'Radiohead? Worst choice ever. Phil Collins would be great'
    'Phil collins? That hasbeen? get Goulding.'
    'Goulding? no way....'

...and on and on and on.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I've fingers crossed for Radiohead but I'm prepared for the underwhelming Smith or Goulding.

Arctic Monkeys would be fine and yes Pulp would have made a great theme once, This is Hardcore always struck me as their most Barry like song and one of my favourites of Jarvis and the gang, got that album on double vinyl need to give it a spin soon.

Decca don't have anyone in their modern repertoire in their artist list these days the scaled back on signing up new talent a while back, but they do have someone classic artists still on their books including McCartney and The Who.

But if you check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decca_Records_artists what is interesting is the band "Bond" are on their books. Classical crossover and synthpop music.

;)
    All this thread is is a constant back and forth...

'it's going to be Sam Smith'
    'Sam Smith? yuck, they should get Lady Gaga'
    'Lady Gaga? WTF? Radio head is perfect'
    'Radiohead? Worst choice ever. Phil Collins would be great'
    'Phil collins? That hasbeen? get Goulding.'
    'Goulding? no way....'

...and on and on and on.

As irritating as it may seem, that's part of the fun for me. Everyone speculating and giving thoughts who should sing it.

But as for Tuesday, there's no official announcement to say this is true is there. ?
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited September 2015 Posts: 252
    I used to look at Lady Gaga as a pure marketing product with all the crazy outfits and this generic sounding tune "Pokerface". But I changed my mind after watching some tribute performances of her (for Sting and for Stevie Wonder) on Youtube. I really think now that she is a true and very talented musician. I have no doubt that she would do a great title track. Best would be if featured by Sir Paul to give Spectre another nod to LALD. She was in the studio with him recently for a secret project (and a brass combo!): http://www.gala.de/lifestyle/entertainment/musik/paul-mccartney-lady-gaga-geheime-studio-session_1208621.html
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,661
    All the Bab/MG produced films have used 'current at the time' popular singers. Tomorrow Never Dies to Skyfall.

Seems unlikely they'd consider the likes of Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Shirley Bassey, Radiohead, Noel Gallagher etc. But anything is possible, I guess. A newish act is more likely, I reckon.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Chris Cornell had pretty much disappeared into the back ground and certainly wasn't a name on everyone's lips, Jack White has been current for the last 15 years. Adele is the only artist that screams massive sales and appeal from the Craig era.

As for Turner, Crowe, Garbage & Madonna they were all past their prime.

Adele is the first time in decades they went for a global superstar who was at the time massively popular.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited September 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I used to look at Lady Gaga as a pure marketing product with all the crazy outfits and this generic sounding tune "Pokerface". But I changed my mind after watching some tribute performances of her (for Sting and for Stevie Wonder) on Youtube. I really think now that she is a true and very talented musician. I have no doubt that she would do a great title track. Best would be if featured by Sir Paul to give Spectre another nod to LALD. She was in the studio with him recently for a secret project (and a brass combo!): http://www.gala.de/lifestyle/entertainment/musik/paul-mccartney-lady-gaga-geheime-studio-session_1208621.html

There was that picture of Adele and Gaga together earlier this year and it was rumoured they were collaborating on something special. So it could be a Gaga & Adele co-written performed by Gaga??! but you are right take the pop part away and Stefani Germanotta is a talented song writer, she wrote a lot of hits for other people before having the guts to go out and perform. If it is a collab and it was done in LA it's possible it has been produced by Rob Fusari who is Gaga's long terms producer who also produces for Whitney Houston and Beyoncé.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2921477/Dream-team-Lady-Gaga-teases-collaboration-Adele-cuddles-star-bro-selfie-Instagram.html

2nrzgpf.jpg

Another picture taken shortly before apparently
    25tyj6f.jpg

FYI the guitarist is not Paul Epworth, Gaga's guitarist Ricky Tillo or Adele's guitarist Ben Thomas.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    And there's still that story about Labrinth, I'm still wondering where he fits in.