Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    @Sandy, what story about Labrinth? Don't remember that. :-?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    HMBFF wrote: »

This @HMBFF:

Samuel001 wrote:
    The account posted just before midnight on 18th September:

@Labrinthda1st Welcome to @007... We've been expecting you...

Discuss.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9974/official-007-twitter-welcomes-labrinth-to-the-account/p1
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I used to look at Lady Gaga as a pure marketing product with all the crazy outfits and this generic sounding tune "Pokerface". But I changed my mind after watching some tribute performances of her (for Sting and for Stevie Wonder) on Youtube. I really think now that she is a true and very talented musician. I have no doubt that she would do a great title track. Best would be if featured by Sir Paul to give Spectre another nod to LALD. She was in the studio with him recently for a secret project (and a brass combo!): http://www.gala.de/lifestyle/entertainment/musik/paul-mccartney-lady-gaga-geheime-studio-session_1208621.html

There was that picture of Adele and Gaga together earlier this year and it was rumoured they were collaborating on something special. So it could be a Gaga & Adele co-written performed by Gaga??! but you are right take the pop part away and Stefani Germanotta is a talented song writer, she wrote a lot of hits for other people before having the guts to go out and perform. If it is a collab and it was done in LA it's possible it has been produced by Rob Fusari who is Gaga's long terms producer who also produces for Whitney Houston and Beyoncé.

The recording session I'm was talking about took place at Abbey Road Studio somewhere around February. Gaga postet a picture on Instagram and said it was done for one of Paul's many secret projects. It is known that they had a session for another soundtrack. But they could have recorded the Bond tune as a second secret project. The Abbey Road Studios. A brass section. Early this year. Paul McCartney. Lady Gaga. A "secret" project of Sir Paul. Come on...
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Here is the Instagram link:
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Sandy wrote: »
    HMBFF wrote: »

This @HMBFF:

Samuel001 wrote:
    The account posted just before midnight on 18th September:

@Labrinthda1st Welcome to @007... We've been expecting you...

Discuss.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9974/official-007-twitter-welcomes-labrinth-to-the-account/p1

Ok here goes from memory.. Labyrinth official You Tube followed the official 007 You Tube channel, You Tube and Twitter are hyper linked. So when Labyrinth followed the You Tube a message from the official account automatically welcomed the new follower but post it back on to Twitter as well. It was something along those lines.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm going out on a limb here but I actually think it's Radiohead and that's my last word before it's supposedly announced next Tuesday.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'm going out on a limb here but I actually think it's Radiohead and that's my last word before it's supposedly announced next Tuesd
    I'm going out on a limb here but I actually think it's Radiohead and that's my last word before it's supposedly announced next Tuesday.

I think you are right. Having just seen Craig get co-production credit on the poster, I don't think we can discount his influence here, and I think Radiohead or AM would be his 2 choices. Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I think I've read that the music acts have to submit their song first, and then EON decides. Don't know how some songs got past this process over the years, but hopefully, whoever gets the gig, they wrote a great song. I can tolerate almost any act (except Smith) if the song is great. It appears everyone thinks the Decca issue is telling. What labels are RH and AM on?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

For me it's Adele (that's my last word), I'm certain it'll be here again.

Radiohead would be better imo, at least that would be something really different and innovative for a change and not a forced "innovative" choice like AWTD seemed to be.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The first rumour is the one coming true in most cases, so that is something that speaks for Goulding. I would not be surprised in the slightest if it was her.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 5,745
    I'm going to say it now

If I was a betting man - I'd say Radiohead, in a possible collab with someone, is doing the theme.

I would also say that they are putting together a cover album, with Adele and other artists working together covering some songs from the previous 23 movies.

That fills all the rumors we've heard, but may not be true.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Seems like something they should have done for the 50th.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Seems like something they should have done for the 50th.

Maybe it's an album of the songs from the SPECTRE films.

• RC7RC7
    smitty wrote: »

I think you are right. Having just seen Craig get co-production credit on the poster, I don't think we can discount his influence here, and I think Radiohead or AM would be his 2 choices. Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I think I've read that the music acts have to submit their song first, and then EON decides. Don't know how some songs got past this process over the years, but hopefully, whoever gets the gig, they wrote a great song. I can tolerate almost any act (except Smith) if the song is great. It appears everyone thinks the Decca issue is telling. What labels are RH and AM on?

If it's AM I'd be delighted. Radiohead... I'll wait and see. Wouldn't fill me with joy, far from it, but I do believe they could do a job and there's nothing better than being surprised in these situations. I'd rather someone sucker punch me with a classic than have an obvious choice produce an obvious song.
  • I don't think its radiohead. But it could be a band. Are we really, really getting an announcement on Tuesday in the UK ? Don't want to get all excited for nothing.
  • JamesBondRadio have been dropping hints on Reddit (they are the one to reveal the Tuesday announcement)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/3jgy1b/big_spectre_news_coming_on_sept_8th_with_the_big/

When someone mentions Radiohead:
    The word on the street is that it's a band...that's all we know...certainly matches the description!

JamesBonding.com "exclusively" revealed Radiohead were doing it two weeks one. They are sticking to that story in this new article, though they do backtrack a bit:
    http://jamesbonding.com/spectre/spectre-song-announcement-379.html

Radiohead also have a new album out later this year:
    http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/88080

I'm really hoping we get the Radiohead announcement!!

screen-shot-2015-07-28-at-6-09-17-pm.png?w=807

• SasSas
    So it is Radiohead.
  • Sam Smith is "definetely not" following Adele to record new James Bond the song for 'Spectre'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sam-smith-definitely-not-following-6383095

Asked on BBC Radio 2 whether he's currently working on the 007 music, he said: "That's not me. That's definitely not me. I've still got loads to do, I've got an Australia tour, but I kind of finish in December which is great, it gives me a chance to be in London, be in my home and go out with my friends."
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    I'm probably too old to like any of Radiohead's stuff. To say it in a polite way. And I have no idea how they would fit in with the 60's retro vibe of Spectre. But I'm gonna wait and see what comes up in the end.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    We're never going to hear the end of it from @Panchito, oh dear :))
  • So perhaps @PanchitoPistoles was right after all ;)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    It's not confirmed yet. I don't think it's Radiohead.
  • I'm not getting excited for an announcement that may not even happen on Tuesday. Jamesbondradio only know this due to a source in the us. We don't even know anything about this source. There's no proof how reliable it is.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I'm probably too old to like any of Radiohead's stuff. To say it in a polite way. And I have no idea how they would fit in with the 60's retro vibe of Spectre. But I'm gonna wait and see what comes up in the end.

Radiohead has no commercial appeal. Now, I say this as a HUGE Radiohead fan; and their lack of convention and commercial appeal is what makes their music outstanding (to some, not all), because they refuse to compromise. I simply can't see EON going in that direction, even though DC is also a huge Radiohead fan...and did this INTERVIEW.

Do I dare get excited that we might get a rock bond theme....
    I don't think its Radiohead. They haven't had a band sing the theme song since A-ha in TLD
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I don't think its Radiohead. They haven't had a band sing the theme song since A-ha in TLD

By that logic, we shouldn t be seeing the white tuxedo or SPECTRE in the film, either.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    So perhaps @PanchitoPistoles was right after all ;)
    I know I am right. It's Radiohead. Everyone should get used to it. B-) Also, I'm predicting that that Spectre will have at least two original songs. (One during the main titles, and the other during the end credits perhaps?)
    If it's so nailed on then PanchitoPistoles, do you do winning lottery numbers too?