Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Adele has been among the top choices since SF. There's no way to spin it that she's a left field choice.
    If it was Adele again all along, why even bother keeping it a secret? They may as well have had her at the press conference.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    True, but then they cannot have the marketing buzz with announcing her.

Rumour has it they know the artists since over half a year and if that's true then it can only be Adele. I said so all along. But of course it's entirely possible that it's one of the names shopped around or someone that really nobody is thinking of.
    In one word: speculation
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Spectre. Vector. Sector. Lector (FRWL!) :bz
    Well ? We finally find out who it is tomorrow then?!!!! The line up for Strictly that is!!! ;) :))
    Lenny Kravitz is the one signing the song and he's going to be in the title sequence like Sheena Easton
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I thought it'd be cool if they had some chess imagery in the titles sequence, with a shadowy figure of Bond (CR style) moving around a large chess board with a large shadowy figure moving the pieces around him, the point being there is something big happening around Bond in the film
    Some of the more recent photos released officially make me think even more that something like this would be cool and poignant, but who knows!
    I don't see how the titles sequence could do anything other than exploit all of the Day of the Dead imagery from the PTA. It's just too obvious a theme to ignore. We're gonna get a lot of skulls and skeletons in that thing.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    God. Imagine if Led Zeppelin could do the theme. We could get a proper Bond "Kashmir" *gushes*
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    smitty wrote: »
    I don't see how the titles sequence could do anything other than exploit all of the Day of the Dead imagery from the PTA. It's just too obvious a theme to ignore. We're gonna get a lot of skulls and skeletons in that thing.

As far as I'm concerned, there can be both. But you're absolutely right, Day of the Dead stuff will be in there too. The Skyfall PTS had the water, the Macau dragons, the target practice, the house... etc.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ellie Goulding is scheduled to be one of the live acts for the NFL kickoff on Sep 10. This would be perfect timing for the release of the SP title song.

NFL Press Release
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    smitty wrote: »

As far as I'm concerned, there can be both. But you're absolutely right, Day of the Dead stuff will be in there too. The Skyfall PTS had the water, the Macau dragons, the target practice, the house... etc.

I think the Day of the Dead imagery will be used, as will the "Eyes Wide Shut", secret society elements. A running theme of masks in the title sequence could be intriguing.

• TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited August 2015 Posts: 191
    That chess thing sounds great, if only the game featured more prominently.

I think it will be like a mixture of the titles of LALD and AVTAK with all the día de muertos stuff thrown in.
    Although they did mention in the shooting outline that apparently footage from the previous Craig movies was going to be shown à la OHMSS (and they are indeed using many elements from that film) I don't see them doing both things, they don't seem to match together, maybe because I consider good old B06 and the other two as night and day, but hey! what do I know...
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,512
    That chess thing sounds great, if only the game featured more prominently.

I think it will be like a mixture of the titles of LALD and AVTAK with all the día de muertos stuff thrown in.
    Although they did mention in the shooting outline that apparently footage from the previous Craig movies was going to be shown à la OHMSS (and they are indeed using many elements from that film) I don't see them doing both things, they don't seem to match together, maybe because I consider good old B06 and the other two as night and day, but hey! what do I know...

Come on, man. Spoilers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for things containing shooting outlines and leaks, or better yet, don't discuss them here whatsoever, and leave that for the leaks thread. Showcasing your knowledge of such things doesn't impress anyone, but rather leads to ruining the experience for others. Please discuss these topics in the appropriate locations.
    Sorry about that, I shouldn't have asumed everyone else has seen what I have.

Thanks for the edit Mr. Mod, hopefully only but a few were left without the option of avoiding that information
    So what happened to the big deal Bond Title song announcement today that Evans implied would happen?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @smitty, it wasn't for that. Instead, it was some announcement for a dancing show. Or something. I don't know, I only follow the confirmations anymore, not these insane rumors and bits of speculation.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Assuming your right (whcih people I believe far more then you don't) there are very few artists I would consider would be as Big as Mcartney the only ones who have had longevity and success that I can think of would be

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Madonna (not that i like her stuff she just seems to make a lot of money each decade)
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Out of that list I would Guess Clapton for the song as he was approached in 1989 and wanted to do it but couldn't devote the time I believe so maybe now?

Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna.
    And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now.

BTW a Ringo theme would be utterly hilarious!

Is it Mariah Carey?

Szonana wrote: »
    Assuming your right (whcih people I believe far more then you don't) there are very few artists I would consider would be as Big as Mcartney the only ones who have had longevity and success that I can think of would be

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Madonna (not that i like her stuff she just seems to make a lot of money each decade)
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Out of that list I would Guess Clapton for the song as he was approached in 1989 and wanted to do it but couldn't devote the time I believe so maybe now?

Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna.
    And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now.

Is it Mariah Carey?

No, it's ME :O
    Britney Spears Come on Britney Spears LMAO....

if's it's going to be a bad bond theme I want it so bad people like Another Way to die... :D
    Szonana wrote: »

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Is it Mariah Carey?

David Bowie or Jared Leto? Don't think Bowie had lead roles but Leto won a bloody Oscar...
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Barbra Streisand
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    I'd say upcoming band PVRIS would do fine but too new and edgy for the franchise sadly *sigh*
    @antovolk Bowie did Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence and The Man who Fell to Earth, those were leads.

Oh I hope its him, the man is a living legend. I wouldn't mind a cameo of him at all!

Jared Leto... that is an "interesting" choice but quite better than most rumoured acts.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I have a confession, I'm doing the title song, and it's a remix of OHMSS. I'm even leaking it. Enjoy. ;)
    Crikey, imagine an eerie Bowie title song: such a voice that could really get goosebumps in a title sequence as impressively accomplished as SF's. Could be the ultimate definition of 'left field' and suddenly SP just got a whole lot better still. Cherry on the top would be a hint of OHMSS...

but hang on, this would be commercially useless for a chart entry surely?

Of course, it's TinaT again
    There is nothing that can be altered in any way to improve upon OMHSS.

Anything else would be inferior
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My goal wasn't to improve on it, Just recreate it as a dedicated fan. ;)