Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• RC7RC7
    I will be very happy if it is Radiohead.

Can't help thinking it would be like 'The Fall' doing GE.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That would have been great, but I actually love the theme song from GE.
  • RC7RC7
    That would have been great, but I actually love the theme song from GE.

It would've been great and simultaneously bizarre.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Wonder if they will ever have the nerve to give us something truly bizarre for the theme song. I guess not while EON is still in charge.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Thunderfinger

so Another Way To Die wasn't bizarre enough? :)) or do you mean the artist?
    I'd nominate Primus
    Love both Primus and Jack White. In the heterosexual sense, of course.
    Love both Primus and Jack White. In the heterosexual sense, of course.

OMG we might have something in common after all, I'm shocked...

;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2015 Posts: 11,139
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Guys, the race has been over for a loooong time. It's Radiohead.

So you keep saying. I hope for your sake you're right.
    It's Radiohead. [url="http://tinyurl.com/qdj8sjw
    "]tinyurl.com/qdj8sjw
    [/url]

:)) Oh @Panchito if it turns out it's not Radiohead I really look forward to how you're going to spin your claims of never flat out saying it would be them.

Now more than ever I can't wait for the confirmed band/artist :))
    Wonder if they will ever have the nerve to give us something truly bizarre for the theme song. I guess not while EON is still in charge.
    You forgot that this time MENDES is in charge. Back in 2013 Barbara and Michael B were practically down on their knees begging Mendes to return.
  • RC7RC7
    You forgot that this time MENDES is in charge. Back in 2013 Barbara and Michael B were practically down on their knees begging Mendes to return.

How've you concluded this is true, other than blind acceptance?
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    sam smith denied claims and I believe him. I'm ruling out sam as the singer. So its either ellie Goulding, radiohead, or someone else.
  • i don't even think we will know till October, like always.
    @Gareth007fan

you got it, middle of September is possible.
  • RC7RC7
    sam smith denied claims

He's hardly going to say, 'Yes, I'm doing it'.
    RC7 wrote: »
    sam smith denied claims

He's hardly going to say, 'Yes, I'm doing it'.

Exactly. Who is he, Idris Elba?
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    I understand he wouldn't say. But I mean, he went more into depth, saying its certainly not me. Its not like with adele, just saying no, but it was rather obvious she was avoiding the question on Jonathan ross show. All I'm saying is, when I watched sam smith talking, which you can see on youtube, he just seems very convincing. And I'm 99 percent sure it wont be him anyway. I have a feeling it will be a male singer this time though, which I'm hoping for.
  • Please could someone tell me. Is the artist going to be announced on Monday. How reliable is this guy on twitter .Because all I've heard is strictly come dancing ?
    Please could someone tell me. Is the artist going to be announced on Monday. How reliable is this guy on twitter .Because all I've heard is strictly come dancing ?

Why on earth should it be announced on Monday? The song will not be released until late September or even early October.
  • that's what I thought. someone on twitter said it would be announced on Monday. just wanted to check
    No, mate. It's some celebrity reveal for strictly dancing or dancing on ice or whatever dance contest show that's going to be announced on Monday.
    I believe this is linked to something Chris Evans on BBC Radio2 alluded to in previously discussed comments here where Monday would see a significant reveal of either the S P E C T R E singer or the names of the participants in the next celebs learn to dance Strictly. Looks most likely to be the latter.

As for the artist I'd be rooting for? I can't cope with the whiney limp wristed efforts of Sam Smith: Godforbid even One direction seem to put a bit more into their template offerings so it would be a vote for LDR or someone else
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wait...why would anyone assume that Chris Evans would know who is doing the new Bond theme song?
    Yep. Assumption is the the mother of all cock ups
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Chris Evans? So is Captain America and the Avenger Boys doing the theme song? A guitar solo by Iron Man would be sick! =))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think what some should try and do is not fall under all these assumptions, only to be disappointed. If you simply don't think about the title song announcement, it'll surprise you one day, either with a date it'll be announced, or a random announcement. I'm all for speculation but when Chris Evans is hinting at SP details, I have to stop.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I love Radiohead...but their sound is not suitable for a Bond theme song.
    I'm going to laugh at all of you hoping for Radiohead when it's revealed it's not him.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    I'm going to laugh at all of you hoping for Radiohead when it's revealed it's not him.

Um, Radiohead isn't a guy they are a band.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Murdock wrote: »
    Chris Evans? So is Captain America and the Avenger Boys doing the theme song? A guitar solo by Iron Man would be sick! =))

In case you weren't joking, this Chris Evans is not the actor but the BBC presenter: https://www.google.pt/search?q=chris+evans&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=fs&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=XcrFVf_vJoPeUYjOsMAG#q=chris+evans++bbc
  • I pray it isn't Radiohead...