Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,312
    Deleted.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,043
    Chris Evans is one of the most annoying people in UK entertainment industry.

The man is extremely rich from successful business ventures and why he needs to be a radio and TV presenter is beyond me apart from the fact he has an ego the size of London and likes brown nosing celebrities.

Why does he need to mention that he spoke to the singer of the theme other than to get his name mentioned in articles in the press or on the internet. He has no discerning talent for entertainment and just loves the sound of his own voice, no I really don't like him.

As for Radiohead who I really don't think it is them but I don't see why they wouldn't be suitable. I understand why Skyfall needed a subtle torch song ballad and it worked but SP needs something with some grit and balls and a side order of sinister and Thom and the boys could easily deliver that. Jonny Greenwood already as a pedigree as a acclaimed score composer so they'd be well placed to know what the film needed so I don't agree they wouldn't be right.

Crikey if dreary rubbish like Crowe & Garbage are worthy then arguably the greatest British band of the last 25 years are more than capable of delivering, don't be fooled by their more recent electronic leanings, Radiohead seriously can rock and still do live.

That being said I don't think it is them and if it's not Smith, I'm thinking even more underwhelming it will be Goulding.

• edited August 2015 Posts: 4,619
    JamesStock wrote: »
    I'm going to laugh at all of you hoping for Radiohead when it's revealed it's not him.
    Nobody is "hoping for Radiohead". It's Radiohead. Game over. Deal with it. [url="http://tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    "]tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    [/url]
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    this video shows sam smith saying he thought ellie was doing it. just thought id upload for anyone who might not have seen it. worth a watch I suppose.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/ellie-goulding/news/james-bond-theme-song/#SFp2GmYyMieRBZJc.97
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    deleted.
  • Never get too invested in rumors cause you might just be disappointed.
  • if you all watch the video at tell me if you think sam is lying or not. Theres a point where I think he's bluffing. Hmmmmm
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm going to laugh at all of you hoping for Radiohead when it's revealed it's not him.
    Nobody is "hoping for Radiohead". It's Radiohead. Game over. Deal with it. [url="http://tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    "]tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    [/url]

Look at this guy :)) if Radiohead aren't doing it, you're going to get ripped so hard.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    "]tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    [/url]

Look at this guy :)) if Radiohead aren't doing it, you're going to get ripped so hard.
    Grow up! ;) I'm not saying I'm 100% sure Radiohead are doing it. I'm saying that at this point in time it's rather unreasonable to believe they aren't.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,015
    This was an online bet attempt. You can imagine 15000 instead of 150.00 in the online form and there you go !

Bets are suspended too for Ellie Goulding. So does it prove it´s à Radiohead/Ellie Goulding ticket ? ;)

Also Chris Evans claims he knows the artist and hints it´s not Radiohead, so it´s quite reasonable to not believe it´s thèm isńt it ?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »
    "]tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    [/url]

Grow up! ;) I'm not saying I'm 100% sure Radiohead are doing it. I'm saying that at this point in time it's rather unreasonable to believe they aren't.

....and there it is; the usual backtracking :)) ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'm still 100% afraid its Smith... only reason I got a little excited it might be RH is because they are at least real musicians/artists.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    David Sylvian could do it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sandy wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Chris Evans? So is Captain America and the Avenger Boys doing the theme song? A guitar solo by Iron Man would be sick! =))

In case you weren't joking, this Chris Evans is not the actor but the BBC presenter: https://www.google.pt/search?q=chris+evans&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=fs&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=XcrFVf_vJoPeUYjOsMAG#q=chris+evans++bbc

Haha I wish it was Chris Evans the actor. :P
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    The man is extremely rich from successful business ventures and why he needs to be a radio and TV presenter is beyond me

I've never found him funny or entertaining, so I don't listen to his radio show or watch him when he's on TV, but I don't really understand why it annoys you that he continues working despite being rich enough to retire. Maybe he genuinely enjoys being a presenter and that's why he still does it? He seems pretty happy. Don't get why you seem to hate him so much, I'm not a fan of his or anything but he seems like a nice enough bloke.
    Wouldn t it be fancy if Swans got the gig, though?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Why not for a change name some acts that we really don't want to do a Bond theme?

My pics:

Nickelback
    David Guetta (Feat. "doesn't matter")
    One Direction
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Why not for a change name some acts that we really don't want to do a Bond theme?

My pics:

Nickelback
    David Guetta (Feat. "doesn't matter")
    One Direction

Iggy Azalea
    Ellie Goulding
    Skrillex
    Another good choice for you, EON. Check out this Swiss band.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020

Ok, now I'm really impressed
    ^:)^

if we stop talking about Bond and start talking about music I fear we might become friends :))

I went to many of their concerts in the late eighties and early nineties as a teenager, I even got to know some of them (I'm Swiss after all).
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Sia.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 45,489

Ok, now I'm really impressed
    ^:)^

if we stop talking about Bond and start talking about music I fear we might become friends :))

I went to many of their concerts in the late eighties and early nineties as a teenager, I even got to know some of them (I'm Swiss after all).

I saw them in Oslo in 1992. If I was a headbanger, I would have kisskissbangbanged my head. Was a fan since their first album in 1987.

Oh, and I visited Zurich in 1988. Plastic town, but a lot of good clock shops, music shops and leather clothes shops. I saw a pretty lady eat her earwax there, too. She didn t know I was looking.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Been talking to one of my contacts at a music industry event that it's Adele all along. Expect Adele to return.
    Been talking to one of my contacts at a music industry event that it's Adele all along. Expect Adele to return.

If it's true, my instincts have been right. I said months ago it will be Adele again.

I'd rather AM, but I hope you are right in that it was so looking like Smith, that I'm almost happy if it's her simply because it is not him and she is good for marketing. She also has a far better voice than Goulding, the other big push. BUT - it better be a damn good song or it makes no difference who the heck it is.
    Well if it is Adele, I sure hope she'll get something that suits her better. By the end of the song she is practically belting out the tune. Almost a Sheryl Crow like catastrophe.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 161
    But Adele would be a "conservative" choice not a "random, left field" one as Roger Friedman's been told recently. He also confirmed in June (the info was under "lock and key") she won't come back. Of course he might be wrong but he proved to be a reliable source for SF.

One thing's certain, more and more people know who the real artist is and it will be increasingly difficult to keep it under cover. Kudos if they manage to do that but i think it's a matter of weeks and we'll have an official confirmation.
    There is never anything random about how they pick the artists, but if it is Adele it would be left field since she did the last one. Maybe.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Adele is so left she is back in the center. ;) I don't consider that they (whoever "they" are) would consider Adele to be left field.