Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• hope its female and hope its gaga.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Lady Gaga would be the perfect coup.
    Just imagine the media coverage that would get.
    And furthermore we would receive a great Bond song, so much is guaranteed. Gaga never ever disappoints.

I still believe she doesn't suit the Craig movies though, Lady Gaga is over the top, larger than life and very unique. Nothing like the current Bond movies.

In the end it will be ole Adele again belting out a new tune for Spectre. You'll all see.

I could see Lady Gaga as the left field choice especially being close colleagues to Adele.

Might fight the new interpretation of a Craig OTT Bond? I don't expect SP to be OTT but many redefined elements. The style of the car gadgets for example.

• edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    gaga is an excellent choice, if not for spectre, for a later bond film. I would put money down to say she is chosen one day, or at least considered.
  • I'm dying to find out though. I hope it's sooner than October. slim chance like.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    This does make me wonder though. Oh, just imagine how awesome the music could be.

lady-gaga-adele.jpg?w=780
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Lady Gaga is a very, very good composer. She has done songs for other artists, something that is not widely known I suppose.

Maybe she did write a song or co-wrote a song with Adele for Adele for Spectre.
    Would be bloody great.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    After seeing her (gaga's) performance at this years Oscars she has won me over.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I have a greater respect for her as an artist and, unlike other times, I would be more open to her doing a theme, provided it is done correctly.

I feel a power ballad would suit her better than an dance track. She could throw in a bit of her theatrics, and we'd get something similar in spirit to Alice Cooper's MWTGG, or even LALD.
    After seeing her (gaga's) performance at this years Oscars she has won me over.

Yes exactly, and have you seen Julie Andrew's reaction! That's the greatest compliment an artist can receive. I was moved to tears.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Treefingers, that's what did it for me, as well. I never knew she had true, raw singing talent until I saw her perform. Blew me away.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Lady Gaga could be an inspired choice if it was to be her. I'm far from a fan but after hearing her with Tony Bennett, no doubt she's a great singer.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2015 Posts: 7,526
    I agree with all of you, although I am definitely a fan of Gaga, even throughout her own career's worth of albums. Really entertaining stuff in there.
    I'd love it if she ended up doing the theme.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    You guys just opened my ears to Lady Gaga... I did not know she sang at the Oscar's (and so far out of what she's known for), then I just watched the jazzy duets with Tony Bennett. What a talent! I am converted, bring her on for Bond 2015.
  • Hopefully it is gaga. It would be so cool if after all this talk it turns out to be true. bust this is all part of the excitement that builds up till the announcement. I love this time of year ! ! ! : )
    I like Lady Gaga's songs but would never have made the connection of her singing a Bond theme: I've never seen her performance at the oscars until you guys discussed it and I must say truly WOW too. She properly belted that out with real feeling making it an operatic performance.

She scrubs up well too but those tats aren't very becoming really. I see why some call them tramp stamps...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I also really hope it's Gaga. Honestly I can't really see it being someone else, it makes so much sense.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 725
    Never thought of Gaga initially either until everyone started posting about her. EON picking her makes a lot of sense. She has a big voice, can sing pop, jazz or something edgy, and can write her own music. I'm not a fan of some of her wacky behavior but the press loves her and and she'll bring lots of buzz to SP which is a good thing. The only thing I doubt about her selection, is given how much she loves press attention, I'll be amazed at how the news didn't leak given this song was recorded many months ago. She's certainly more talented and a far better choice than Smith or Goulding.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    wasnt there something just a couple pages ago about the choice having acted?
  • SasSas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 50
    Wait, let's not get too excited. I found this article:
    Lady Gaga’s “Til It Happens to You”– Potential Oscar Nominee from “The Hunting Ground” Is Still Unreleased But All Over the Internet

EXCLUSIVE I did find a snippet of Lady Gaga’s “Til It Happens to You” from “The Hunting Ground,” a riveting documentary that debuts this fall on CNN. (I’m told this is the part heard in the movie.) The song is great, and should be nominated for both an Oscar and a Golden Globe. If it’s released as a single before September 30th, Lady G. could easily get a Grammy nod as well.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/08/05/listen-snippet-of-lady-gagas-til-it-happens-to-you-potential-oscar-nominee-from-the-hunting-ground

I think it is unlikely that Lady Gaga would release 2 songs for movies around the same time.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Unlikely or lucky?? I see your point... still about maybe month difference ...well probably at some point before ..idk.

We still don't know yet. I think everyone is grasping at anything hoping not whimpy Smith. Logan is even more manly than he is.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,756
    Sark wrote: »
    wasnt there something just a couple pages ago about the choice having acted?

FYI Lady Gaga has acted before, in Machete Kills. If that's really true, then I'd be almost sure it would be her.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,756
    [Deleted]
    Jennifer Lopez
    Alicia Keys
    Macy Gray
    Lady Gaga
    50 Cent
    P. Diddy
    Ludacris
    Common
    Mariah Carey
    Cher
    Madonna
    Kylie Minogue
    Beyoncé

all have acted once or several times.

So far I know neither Adele, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith or Radiohead have ever acted in a movie or TV Show....so they are all out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So far I know neither Adele, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith or Radiohead have ever acted in a movie or TV Show....so they are all out.

I am sure Radiohead has some radio play behind them.
    Jennifer Lopez
    Alicia Keys
    Macy Gray
    Lady Gaga
    50 Cent
    P. Diddy
    Ludacris
    Common
    Mariah Carey
    Cher
    Madonna
    Kylie Minogue
    Beyoncé

all have acted once or several times.

If that source (the singer has acted before) is right then the singer should be obvious.
    Barbra Streisand?
    The source for that is a user who popped up here and disappeared again.
    It just dawned on me who has acted and is a singer.......JUSTIN BIEBER!! :-&
    David Bowie and sting have both acted both are left field choices
    It just dawned on me who has acted and is a singer.......JUSTIN BIEBER!! :-&

Miley Cyrus, One Direction, Mark Wahlberg, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Tom Waits, Chris Isaak, the list is endless.
  • SasSas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 50
    7Yw1yI8.jpg

Ms. Swift and Mr. Timberlake have acted too. The list is indeed very long.