Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Excellent news.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    It better not be Radiohead, I swear to God.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Well good on that punter... and myself! =D>

My favourite film franchise and my favourite act, mashed into perfection.

I have no words, I'm just going to leave it at that...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Oh well, Radiohead, don't understand it really. Seems as off as Garbage was in 1999.
    But then Garbage did one great job with The World Is Not Enough.
    So, let's wait and see with what Radiohead will please us.
  • Well that bet was way too suspicious to not be backed by some truth.. Anyway i'm happy for this "left field" choice, Radiohead are very talented and i'm sure they can pull off a wonderful rocking theme song.
    So radiohead are actually the choice (not exactly too familiar with bond releases just yet sorry)
    Oh well, Radiohead, don't understand it really. Seems as off as Garbage was in 1999.
    But then Garbage did one great job with The World Is Not Enough.
    So, let's wait and see with what Radiohead will please us.

I agree. On both points. Am anxious to hear what it sounds like. Fingers crossed.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    It better not be Radiohead, I swear to God.

I second that. Sorry, Radiohead fans.

colbert-mic-drop.gif
    If it is Radiohead I wonder what that is saying about the movie Spectre.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Oh I hope it is this. I know Skyfall was liked in some circles but people like Adele, Jack White & Alicia Keys and Chris Cornell are kinda uninspired choices. Like em or not, Radiohead are certainly not the usual people you'd think to do a Bond song (although they did do a cover of 'Nobody Does it Better' once before).

I'm all for a different sound for the SPECTRE titles, as long as we avoid DAD's 'music!'
    It's probably saying, "Hey, the title song for Spectre is being performed by Radiohead." I wouldn't read much past that. We've had so-so title songs to better movies and good title songs to so-so movies.
  • 5815892458158924 Valencia (Spain)
    I hope
    writer5150 wrote: »
    It's probably saying, "Hey, the title song for Spectre is being performed by Radiohead." I wouldn't read much past that. We've had so-so title songs to better movies and good title songs to so-so movies.

I hope, I would like rock song

Ok If this is true I am quite happy with this. Sure I would prefer Muse Rush Yes or Eric Clapton but I am ok with Radiohead... would just prefer Muse Rush Yes or Eric Clapton lol
    According to JamesBonding.com Radiohead are confirmed
    http://jamesbonding.com/spectre/spectre-theme-radiohead-80.html

Announcement due in September

Bookmaker movements are usually very trustworthy. I guess we all have to get prepared for a ride with Radiohead :-D!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

News is from 9th of August, when Radiohead was "hot"... Still ??
    Oh I hope it is this. I know Skyfall was liked in some circles but people like Adele, Jack White & Alicia Keys and Chris Cornell are kinda uninspired choices. Like em or not, Radiohead are certainly not the usual people you'd think to do a Bond song (although they did do a cover of 'Nobody Does it Better' once before).

I'm all for a different sound for the SPECTRE titles, as long as we avoid DAD's 'music!'

I disagree about Chris Cornell and Jack White being uninspired choices. I was very pleasantly surprised when they were announced, much like when Garbage was announced for TWINE.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,119
    ggl007 wrote: »

You are right. It's from the 9th of August, which was 1,5 weeks ago.

Still, I think someone is earning a lot of money when he betted on Radiohead....

By the way, after listening some of their newer albums, I think the music is a bit too...alternative..... Very different choice from Adele...if true.

GRRRR this up and down motion...

Adele is confirmed Adele is not confirmed
    Ellie Goulding is confirmed Ellie Goulding is not confirmed
    Sam Smith is confirmed Sam Smith is not Confirmed
    and now
    Radiohead is confirmed Radio head is not confirmed....

Can someone let me know when the darn artist is announced.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Risico007 wrote: »

and now

Agreed. I don't think I'll trust anything until EON actually says.

I announce it for you: it's.........................and now for something completely different:
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Take it easy, in less than two months...
    ;) :D
    I announce it for you: it's.........................and now for something completely different:

In reality it is...
    just a tad frustrating......the last three times there was one set of rumors and then an announcement and that was it. nice clean and simple this time it's a merry go round.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    At this point I don't care if my dog sings it.. just don't be Smith
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,043
    I want it to happen but I'm not convinced.

Radiohead have in their ranks Jonny Greenwood already an acclaimed score composer so any question if they have ability to do this is pretty moot.

The difference between Garbage and Radiohead is infinite, RH whether certain posters deny it are one of the only bands on the planet that will cause a huge amount of internet traffic once any new release is announced.

They are one of those bands that might not shift the units like bigger blockbuster acts and never have been amongst the massive sellers but are by far one of the most influential acts of the last 25 years.

The amount of bands and acts that cite them as an influence is huge and comparing them to a band that had Shirley Manson and the guy that produced Nevermind is hilarious, Garbage had one great debut then went off the boil. Radiohead have a rich back catalogue and guaranteed when they announce their next album is being released the internet and press will lap it up.

If they are doing the theme and I say if, this might be quite a savvy decision, I can't imagine if they have got the job it was decision made lightly. I always said that the title and the plot deserves something more than just a subtle ballad, this needs something with a sinister edge. One thing is sure if RH do get the job they won't be delivering something that is forgettable, they are fans of Barry and would most likely want to add something to the legacy that isn't forgettable or sound like some funeral march like Garbage or that awful puddle on the floor toss from Sheryl Crowe.

Also it's not beyond the realm of possibility if Craig has clout on this and I believe he wanted Adele for Skyfall.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/15/thom-yorke-daniel-craig-interview

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

and now

Perfectly sums the situation.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    At this point I don't care if my dog sings it.. just don't be Smith

Just announced Spectre's title song will be sung by Mcdonbb's Dog ;)
    If it is Radiohead I would expect them to return more to the style of their earlier albums.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I want it to happen but I'm not convinced.

Radiohead have in their ranks Jonny Greenwood already an acclaimed score composer so any question if they have ability to do this is pretty moot.

The difference between Garbage and Radiohead is infinite, RH whether certain posters deny it are one of the only bands on the planet that will cause a huge amount of internet traffic once any new release is announced.

They are one of those bands that might not shift the units like bigger blockbuster acts and never have been amongst the massive sellers but are by far one of the most influential acts of the last 25 years.

The amount of bands and acts that cite them as an influence is huge and comparing them to a band that had Shirley Manson and the guy that produced Nevermind is hilarious, Garbage had one great debut then went off the boil. Radiohead have a rich back catalogue and guaranteed when they announce their next album is being released the internet and press will lap it up.

If they are doing the theme and I say if, this might be quite a savvy decision, I can't imagine if they have got the job it was decision made lightly. I always said that the title and the plot deserves something more than just a subtle ballad, this needs something with a sinister edge. One thing is sure if RH do get the job they won't be delivering something that is forgettable, they are fans of Barry and would most likely want to add something to the legacy that isn't forgettable or sound like some funeral march like Garbage or that awful puddle on the floor toss from Sheryl Crowe.

Also it's not beyond the realm of possibility if Craig has clout on this and I believe he wanted Adele for Skyfall.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/15/thom-yorke-daniel-craig-interview

Exactly how I feel too. If true, then Craig won out as he must have been the one who backed them. If this had been left to EON, Lord knows what drippy song would have been stuck on to SP. Given Craig's taste in music I always doubted that Adele was really his choice for SF, and he just went along with it and was being diplomatic about her. But for sure I think he would hurl at the thought of some of the singers that have been mentioned for SP and I would bet fought hard against their selection. We still can only hope he won out on this decision.

Isn't Mendes a radiohead fan as well?

Adele was an obvious choice but that doesn't make it a bad one. I wish they'd gone for a few more obvious choices in the 1990s and early 2000s rather than the random dreck we got then.