Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• talos7 wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher?
    Way off!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Hey, I had to take the shot ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Can I have the cigar without guessing? :P ...and ummm Pierce Brosnan??? Lol.. maybe duet with Clint Eastwood ...or worse Jack Keyes!!!

...hey how about Jack Black lol jk
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Justin Timberlake?
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Can I have the cigar without guessing? :P ...and ummm Pierce Brosnan??? Lol.. maybe duet with Clint Eastwood ...or worse Jack Keyes!!!

...hey how about Jack Black lol jk

I would like to see a Brosnan/Shatner duet myself, but alas, that isn't what we are going to get.
    So you know who the singer is? How?
    Now there's a high concept project, William Shatner doe's dramatic readings of the Bond title songs.
  • RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »

Because trolls know everything JC
    RC7 wrote: »

Because trolls know everything JC

Ah, so is this guy singing the title song?
    41NzRpphRyL.jpg

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Trust him. He just knows.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    Yes, lets just say, I have an "inside track" on this one.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Get weird al to do it
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ella Eyre, Sam Smith or Paloma Faith are my top choices. Smith could do something really haunting that would fit the film.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Ella Eyre, Sam Smith or Paloma Faith are my top choices. Smith could do something really haunting that would fit the film.

I agree, I made this earlier last month.

latest?cb=20141224232958
    I want a song that is big and bold, cut from the Thunderball, A View to a Kill, You Know My Name mold.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Well, any hints on when they will announce it? Also, is it a rock singer along the lines of Chris Cornell?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238

Well, any hints on when they will announce it? Also, is it a rock singer along the lines of Chris Cornell?

It is a big name and I mean BIG, massive. Arguably bigger than anyone before with the possible exception of Mcartney, that is the sort of status we are talking.

It isn't anyone that I have seen mentioned here. It will be announced near to the release of the film. It is also worth mentioning that when it is announced it will be very low key and may slip under the radar for a lot of people which is in keeping with this particular artists character of late.

Really, that is all I can say at the moment without giving too much away.
    Assuming your right (whcih people I believe far more then you don't) there are very few artists I would consider would be as Big as Mcartney the only ones who have had longevity and success that I can think of would be

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Madonna (not that i like her stuff she just seems to make a lot of money each decade)
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Out of that list I would Guess Clapton for the song as he was approached in 1989 and wanted to do it but couldn't devote the time I believe so maybe now?
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Assuming your right (whcih people I believe far more then you don't) there are very few artists I would consider would be as Big as Mcartney the only ones who have had longevity and success that I can think of would be

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Madonna (not that i like her stuff she just seems to make a lot of money each decade)
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Out of that list I would Guess Clapton for the song as he was approached in 1989 and wanted to do it but couldn't devote the time I believe so maybe now?

Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna.
    And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now.

BTW a Ringo theme would be utterly hilarious!
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Rules out weird al:(
  • PC?
  • Bondpix wrote: »
    PC?
    Good thinking, but not Buster
    Rules out weird al:(

Film as a lead character...
    tumblr_ni2uh7XlQd1rv0z1no1_400.jpg
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about this contender?
  • "Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna. And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now."

David Bowie?
  • "Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna. And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now."

David Bowie?

BINGO!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Well, now I'm going bonkers.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    "Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna. And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now."

David Bowie?

BINGO!

Bummer ..was really hoping Shatner :(

Beyonce! She is an even bigger star than Adele, she's acted in a few films, and done tons of videos. She'd bring a ton of buzz to the film. Now that Adele has won a Golden Globe and an Oscar, I would think every major singer on the planet would kill to have a shot at the theme. After Adele and the extra hype it added to the film, I would think EON would want another huge star that would bring the same type of extra promotion value. She has the pipes to do a big pop theme song, if that is what EON mandates.

A number of the names suggested like Stan Smith are one hit wonders and are no where near the level of proven hit makers that Adele and Beyonce are. Beyonce just seems like a logical choice. I'm not sure about this, but I think I read that EON makes the potential theme singers submit a song first, but I could be wrong on this.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 1,261
    BINGO? What group is that?

Oh, hang on, I got it.
    Waltz will also sing?

tumblr_mpcrsy3KnT1swb8m1o1_500.gif