Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• smitty wrote: »
    Beyonce! She is an even bigger star than Adele, she's acted in a few films, and done tons of videos. She'd bring a ton of buzz to the film. Now that Adele has won a Golden Globe and an Oscar, I would think every major singer on the planet would kill to have a shot at the theme. After Adele and the extra hype it added to the film, I would think EON would want another huge star that would bring the same type of extra promotion value. She has the pipes to do a big pop theme song, if that is what EON mandates.

A number of the names suggested like Stan Smith are one hit wonders and are no where near the level of proven hit makers that Adele and Beyonce are. Beyonce just seems like a logical choice. I'm not sure about this, but I think I read that EON makes the potential theme singers submit a song first, but I could be wrong on this.

Fortunately, for everyone really, it isnt beyonce.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 9,779
    Sting is doing the theme interesting.

at least that is my thought and it makes perfect sense

Beyonce is not as big as Paul Mcartney.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Sting is doing the theme interesting.

at least that is my thought .

That would certainly create a buzz
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited January 2015 Posts: 805
    If it's Bowie perhaps he'll do a remix of Space Oddity...

This is Mission Control
    to Commander Bond
    You've really made the grade
    Are those Turnbull & Asser shirts you're going to wear
    Now it's time to leave the DB5 in the garage
    If you dare
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited January 2015 Posts: 630
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Assuming your right (whcih people I believe far more then you don't) there are very few artists I would consider would be as Big as Mcartney the only ones who have had longevity and success that I can think of would be

David Gilmour
    Eric Clapton
    Madonna (not that i like her stuff she just seems to make a lot of money each decade)
    Ringo Starr
    Rush

and that is about it

Out of that list I would Guess Clapton for the song as he was approached in 1989 and wanted to do it but couldn't devote the time I believe so maybe now?

Ok, this artist has had quite a bit of experience in acting as well, has been in a few films themselves as the lead character and will appear in SPECTRE as a cameo. And its not Madonna.
    And I really cannot give any more clues am practically putting it on a plate now.

BTW a Ringo theme would be utterly hilarious!

From this clue all I can think, again, is that he is Justin Timberlake.
    EDIT: Didn't see. David Bowie.. meh, I don;t think
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    you guys are all way off... MY inside source, which is even more top secret than MartinAston's has told me that the singer is none other than...

KAJAGOOGOO

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think Sting could be great. Bowie would definitely be awesome - he has always had an amazing voice and can sing pretty much any kind of song.

I still don't know Sam Smith's work. Even if he is good, I think I would be far happier with Sting, Bowie, or even Adele again. It probably will be a guy this time, though. I'd love confirmation of this. Not holding my breath, though. :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I think Sting could be great. Bowie would definitely be awesome - he has always had an amazing voice and can sing pretty much any kind of song.

I still don't know Sam Smith's work. Even if he is good, I think I would be far happier with Sting, Bowie, or even Adele again. It probably will be a guy this time, though. I'd love confirmation of this. Not holding my breath, though. :)

i wouldn't believe a word MartinAston says - for future reference ;)

just treat him like those crazy people on the street who talk to themselves... just walk on by..
    Well I am not that familiar with his posts.
    Common sense says that if you have an inside source, and we are this far away from the film premiering, you would be in huge trouble for revealing info at this point. So that doesn't seem legit, no.

I do like Bowie, though. ;)
    As long as its not Rihanna!
    Actually now I want it to be Sting and can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't done one before.

I mean, this is great:

HASEROT wrote: »

just treat him like those crazy people on the street who talk to themselves... just walk on by..

Global+Warming+Hippie+with+The+End+is+Near+Sign.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If it is Bowie then that is fantastic as the man is iconic, my Wife and I went to the V&A in 2013 to see the Bowie exhibition and really there isn't an artist who has covered popular culture like he has.

He's done film, fashion, art and of course music, he leaves the likes of Sting swinging in the wind, Sting isn't even in the same universe let alone post code.

One thing might throw a spanner in the works on this one is that isn't it known that Duncan Jones' Dad doesn't actually like James Bond?

It's something I heard that might not be true, I remember some mention of him being Max Zorin at some point as well before Walken was cast but yes if Bowie is doing it I'd be delighted but I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt.

JCRendle wrote: »

more like...

DAFbum_zpsa8ffaad9.jpg

more like...

DAFbum_zpsa8ffaad9.jpg
    Shouldn't that be "The voices in my head told me so!"
  • RC7RC7

more like...

DAFbum_zpsa8ffaad9.jpg

Tremendous.
    Shouldn't that be "The voices in my head told me so!"

those are his sources ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I don't think it's going to be an American.

Either Adele comes back, or it's Sam Smith. Dark horse: Emeli Sande.
    I'll sing it, if no one else wants to ;)
  • I'll be happy with (almost) anyone other than Adele. Not even Shirley Bassey got two title songs in a row, and if she didn't, it'd be blasphemy if Adele did.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    No way in hell is Bowie the singer.
    David Bowie really I could live with that
    Is there any news link mentioning the insanely great David Bowie as title theme singer? I couldn't find one. But if true, I'm fulfilled with joy and excitement :-P.
    No, there is no real news at all. We are still speculating.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    Is there any news link mentioning the insanely great David Bowie as title theme singer? I couldn't find one. But if true, I'm fulfilled with joy and excitement :-P.

come on @Gustav_Graves - you really gotta get on the ball.... MartinAston and his sources have all the answers, you just gotta trust whatever he says and not let the conspiracy nazis get to you. ;)
    The-Simpsons-s11e22-Behind-the-Laughter.jpg
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited January 2015 Posts: 292
    When it comes out who 'might' be doing the title, I think where the gunbarrel goes could be the last of some fan's worries. #panic #but #goodchoice #notobvious
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119

come on @Gustav_Graves - you really gotta get on the ball.... MartinAston and his sources have all the answers, you just gotta trust whatever he says and not let the conspiracy nazis get to you. ;)

You're kidding right :-)? Who is this....@MartinAston anyway. God? A Sony-hacker switching sides? Wait.....a troll having a wishful vision on my Dutch hallucinating fungi?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ella Eyre, anyone?

Sharon Jones