Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    can this guy sing?

This one could already act like a Bond theme

hes no less a singer than Chris Cornell was and a lot of people think "you know my name" was the best theme to date.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    RC7 wrote: »

MJ touched kids, doesn't mean he was any less talented.
    mmmmm NO, he didn't
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Gallagher only wishes he had Cornell's range, my god that man's got some powerful pipes!

Gallagher is a legend in his own lunch break, the man gets headlines for making smart cracks, he'd have a better career as a comedian these days and for his music.
  • RC7RC7

mmmmm NO, he didn't

Not my point, is it?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy

mmmmm NO, he didn't

Not my point, is it?
    Wrong assumption makes all the sentence meaningless.
  • RC7RC7

mmmmm NO, he didn't

Not my point, is it?

MJ might be perceived as a Kiddy fiddler by many, doesn't mean he is. Same way Noel may be perceived as a chav by some, doesn't mean he is.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Gallagher only wishes he had Cornell's range, my god that man's got some powerful pipes!

Gallagher is a legend in his own lunch break, the man gets headlines for making smart cracks, he'd have a better career as a comedian these days and for his music.

What an odd thing to say

His latest tour sold out in 10 minutes http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/80453 and his last album went to number 1 in the UK albums chart.
    He and his High Flying Birds are also headliners in the sold out T in the park the UK's second largest festival after Glastonbury.

hardly "a legend in his own lunch break" or "better career as a comedian these days and for his music" He is far from done in music.
    So you are responsible for marketing the next Bond movie including the PR around the singer of the main track (personal apearences, interviews, live performances all round the world , photoshoots etc), ) you would have to be bonkers to want Noel or his brother for that job, you need a grown up professional. They have produced some classic tracks but they cant behave themselves, that's what I meant by saying they have no class, its not their music
    edited March 2015 Posts: 2,138
    patb wrote: »
    So you are responsible for marketing the next Bond movie including the PR around the singer of the main track (personal apearences, interviews, live performances all round the world , photoshoots etc), ) you would have to be bonkers to want Noel or his brother for that job, you need a grown up professional. They have produced some classic tracks but they cant behave themselves, that's what I meant by saying they have no class, its not their music

Your post is laughable considering we are not talking about Liam, only Noel. Noel Gallagher is the songwritter of a generation.

Simon Cowell offered Noel a jdges job on the Xfactor he is that safe these days.
    Noel Gallagher GQ fashion man of the year 2013.
    He ditched all antcis a long time ago hes married with kids if youve seen his daughter Anaïs Gallagher (who I believe is joining the presenting team on Blue Peter) has a painfully middle class accent very well raised. You cant bring Noel Gallaghers ancient history in to it.

So you judge people on their family members? thats shallow.

As I said before most of those who have already done Bond Theme's have darker pasts than Noel Gallagher telling a journalist to F off and taking drugs when he was a stupid rich kid.

Noel Gallagher is an incredible musician and songwritter voted 27th greatest Uk songwritter of all time.

Is he capable of writting an amazing soundtrack to a Bond film? I think the answer obvious with his track record.

personal apearences, interviews, live performances all round the world , photoshoots etc this just the norm for Noel, he is always entertaining he does a weekly call in with the talk sport radio team has done for years now not heard him swear on air once.

But you know what if your minds only that small you can demonise them for what they were 20 years ago then you have really shown the MI6 Community how little you know about the subject and what litle intelligence you have to post without research and making silly comments.
    I will try to use the little intelligence I have more wisely in future, I am very sorry.
    I will try to use the little intelligence I have more wisely in future, I am very sorry.

Dont worry about it, I just thinks its wrong to judge people on stereotypes.

I take people at face value. I have met Mr Gallagher in a business and social capacity on a few occassion and feel to label him as Chav because the way he behaved 20 years ago when he was a dumb kid is wrong that's all. He left that all behind he's a model professional he's not falling out of clubs or punching photgraphers as he puts it "hes at home with his feet up with 20 cigarettes and cuppa tea watching sky sports".

P.S Liam is also all talk in the media, a friend of mine bumped in to him a Garden centre in Chorley where he was looking wheel barrows, he took the time to talk to them and have pictures taken with him. Rock N Roll stars do all kind to stand our but its not really a reflection on the actual person portrayed in the media. Its to get kids to think they are rebelious and cool to sell records.

I take people at face value. I have met Mr Gallagher in a business and social capacity on a few occassion and feel to label him as Chav because the way he behaved 20 years ago when he was a dumb kid is wrong that's all. He left that all behind he's a model professional he's not falling out of clubs or punching photgraphers as he puts it "hes at home with his feet up with 20 cigarettes and cuppa tea watching sky sports".

P.S Liam is also all talk in the media, a friend of mine bumped in to him a Garden centre in Chorley where he was looking wheel barrows, he took the time to talk to them and have pictures taken with him. Rock N Roll stars do all kind to stand our but its not really a reflection on the actual person portrayed in the media. Its to get kids to think they are rebelious and cool to sell records.

SirHilary, are you a fan of Noel's?

Bryan Ferry would be great!

Thunder finger, you too are a person of great taste.
    Not only would Ferry do a great job with the song, he would also be able to advise on Bond's wardrobe - God knows, he needs the help!
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,043

What an odd thing to say

His latest tour sold out in 10 minutes http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/80453 and his last album went to number 1 in the UK albums chart.
    He and his High Flying Birds are also headliners in the sold out T in the park the UK's second largest festival after Glastonbury.

hardly "a legend in his own lunch break" or "better career as a comedian these days and for his music" He is far from done in music.

I don't doubt he's talented he can string a tune together but you'd think he was one of the greats this country's produced. He actually thinks he's up there with the likes of The Smiths as one of great British artists of our times, in his dreams, he has such an over inflated opinion of himself.

Bowie or Ferry would be a much better choice, he's not fit to shine their shoes.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    andmcit wrote: »
    I adore Bryan Ferry! He's got the look and the voice to compliment Bond:

What about that Cherry 2000 film with Melanie Griffith!!?? IMHO she was amazing before she ruined herself!

Loop Di Li sounds Bondian:

Though I am still holding out for Caro Emerald. Just one of a number of Bondian songs from Miss Emerald:

Though I am still holding out for Caro Emerald. Just one of a number of Bondian songs from Miss Emerald:

That really doesn't need any alteration to get rolled out for SP as is. It is very reminiscent of TWINE to me actually.

As Ferry looks now in the Loop De Li screenshot, he could pass as GL now. Actually, thinking about it, in their younger days they were quite similar in appearance if not build, too!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Now you mention it, I can see a resemblance, not so much with a young Ferry & Lazenby. But as they are today, I can see it.
    Now you mention it, I can see a resemblance, not so much with a young Ferry & Lazenby. But as they are today, I can see it.

Actually, I always thought that Ferry conformed to Fleming's description of Bond.
    Caro Emerald is another excellent suggestion.

True, a younger Ferry probably matches the PB or TD Bond!!

51EB5375-3D2D-49C6-A3C4-01B91EBEB80F.jpg

What an odd thing to say

I don't doubt he's talented he can string a tune together but you'd think he was one of the greats this country's produced. He actually thinks he's up there with the likes of The Smiths as one of great British artists of our times, in his dreams, he has such an over inflated opinion of himself.

Bowie or Ferry would be a much better choice, he's not fit to shine their shoes.

I never said he was as good. But wait Bryan Ferry biggest hit was a cover of a John Lennon song his own stuff is 80 ' s trash name one song Ferry wrote that's better than Talk Tonight or Master plan? Think you will struggle.

Chris Martin of Coldplay "I think Oasis are one of the most important bands of our time" this a compliment from a man who Liam consistently called shit.

Noel Gallagher tour sold out in 10 minutes his last album went to number 1. I think that indicates a huge love for his music beyond just me. What did Bryan Ferry last chart at?

Bowie is genius I can't argue Gallagher is no Bowie but neither is Adele, Alicia Keys, Jack White, Lulu, Cheryl Crowe and they all managed fine on Bond theme duty. Bowie wouldn't do a Bond theme if asked it. Showing your age Bowie didn't realise when I woke up today that I had been teleported to 1979.

Villiers53 wrote: »

SirHilary, are you a fan of Noel's?

Didn't appreciate Oasis back in the day, but went back in recent time and listened to the whole body of work and really loved his last album it's full of variety and keep going back to it and Definitely Maybe which is just superb.
    Bryan ferry? Do me a favour. Bowie ? Too esoteric. Gallagher - sorry in a huge fan but all his recent song are just the same minor key plodders.

Adele again gets my vote. Not that I like her particularly but she has the classic bond theme sound and image.

What an odd thing to say

I never said he was as good. But wait Bryan Ferry biggest hit was a cover of a John Lennon song his own stuff is 80 ' s trash name one song Ferry wrote that's better than Talk Tonight or Master plan? Think you will struggle.

Chris Martin of Coldplay "I think Oasis are one of the most important bands of our time" this a compliment from a man who Liam consistently called shit.

Noel Gallagher tour sold out in 10 minutes his last album went to number 1. I think that indicates a huge love for his music beyond just me. What did Bryan Ferry last chart at?

Bowie is genius I can't argue Gallagher is no Bowie but neither is Adele, Alicia Keys, Jack White, Lulu, Cheryl Crowe and they all managed fine on Bond theme duty. Bowie wouldn't do a Bond theme if asked it. Showing your age Bowie didn't realise when I woke up today that I had been teleported to 1979.

Have you not heard of Roxy Music? Obviously not!

As for Chris Martin, the man who's ripping off U2 and Radiohead and making a career out of it, he's not exactly a bastion of being original himself.

Bowie's far more relevant than Gallagher will ever be.

I must admit that I have note heard of Cairo Emerald but that song is spot on Bond, completely agree. Just needs a bit of beefing up with some more brass and its there, thanks for posting

SirHilary let me struggle:

Virginia Plain
    2HB
    Every Dream Home A Heartache
    Both Ends Burning
    A Song For Europe
    Can't Let Go
    Etc.....etc.....

And everything else from his phenomenal 13 album solo and Roxy career.
    Ferry is probably the most important modern musician of our generation and would be perfect fo score and sing a Bond song.

Noel would be great if they wanted a title song for 'Geordie Shore' or 'The Only Way Is Essex'

We shouldn't confuse mass with class!

I must admit that I have note heard of Cairo Emerald but that song is spot on Bond, completely agree. Just needs a bit of beefing up with some more brass and its there, thanks for posting

This lady is very, very cool. I love her stuff.
    Great voice and absolutely phenomenal live!

Bryan ferry would have been good around 1973.

There's a certain snipy snobbishness masquerading as musical knowledge here.

Noel Gallagher has written some of the most important songs of the last 20 years. I don't think he's right for Bond but to say he's suitable for The only way is Essex shows a gaping hole in your understanding of modern culture. He's as far removed from that media whore personality you assume as Bryan ferry.

If it's a little more brass that you're looking for, then how about this one...

I'm not saying that THAT song should play over the opening titles, but Caro has the sultry sound that's so perfect for Bond.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

mmmmm NO, he didn't

Not my point, is it?

MJ might be perceived as a Kiddy fiddler by many, doesn't mean he is. Same way Noel may be perceived as a chav by some, doesn't mean he is.

But NG's behaviour 'means' he is a chav. MJ was innnocent.

Case in point.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2670412/Liam-Noel-Gallagher-accused-trying-bribe-Qantas-flight-attendant-1-000-smoke-dope-board-according-new-tell-book.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/in-the-news--liam-gallagher-bad-boy-cant-stop-looking-back-in-anger-1148670.html