Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have tickets to see Noel in May; he could do an effective Bond title song.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,446
    Funny, a bit weird: But mabey The Script going to do title song/should do it.

Chris Cornell - You Know My Name > Alicia Keys - You don't know my name > Alica Keys - Another Way To Die.

Shirley Bassey whas canceld, but her song is named Good About Goodbye > The Script - No Good in Goodbye. Funny in they video clip there be some Skyfall, there have bit of same kind saying something/double meaning style as Adele Skyfall and bit of Another Way To Die. Also very intresting for Daniel Kleinman.

This year the group from Ireland scores there first hit 007years a go in The Netherlands and this is the 9th hit in Dutch Top 40 charts.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Funny, a bit weird: But mabey The Script going to do title song/should do it.

Chris Cornell - You Know My Name > Alicia Keys - You don't know my name > Alica Keys - Another Way To Die.

Shirley Bassey whas canceld, but her song is named Good About Goodbye > The Script - No Good in Goodbye. Funny in they video clip there be some Skyfall, there have bit of same kind saying something/double meaning style as Adele Skyfall and bit of Another Way To Die. Also very intresting for Daniel Kleinman.

This year the group from Ireland scores there first hit 007years a go in The Netherlands and this is the 9th hit in Dutch Top 40 charts.

4327190104_3c34432d1d.jpg
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I'd love to see Noel Gallagher get the gig for a Bond song. He is a brilliant songwriter, and now he has ditched Liam and Oasis, the yob laddish image is now longer attached to him

Think he's a big Barry fan too. I saw Oasis a few times live around the time of their first two albums and the band often came on stage to the OHMSS theme :D

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Dan is a big Noel Gallagher Fan, there is a video on you tube with Noel playing at the round house back in 2007 and he spots Dan in the crown, the spot light ends up on Dan, the crown point at Dan and sing "Who are you, Who are you" Noel plays the bond theme on his guitar and points to Dan and says "Hes Bond, James Bond". Noel then tells Dan "I tell you what if you let me write the next Bond tune, I will let you come up here and play my guitar" It's hillarious if you can find its.

Then there is this in which Noel wants Dan to play him in a film. In which Dan tell's NME he is a better guitarist than Noel so would not know how he could make it work.

http://www.nme.com/news/daily-gossip/41937

I understand they move in the same circle of celebrity friends.
    He if Noel does write one he should call it "Your my Thunderball" LOL
    "What's the story, Kevin McClory?"
    'Cigarettes and Alcohol' would work well for Fleming Bond lol
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    You can't have a chav such as Noel Gallagher performing a 007 theme thouf
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,600
    Sounds snobby but if they are going for a classy OHMSS feel, you cant have NG anywhere near it, sorry (although who in pop music at the moment has any real class), its lacking at the moment IMHO
    I would be pretty happy with the rumoured Adele & Lady Gaga team-up...
    Adele yes. Gaga no.
    patb wrote: »
    Sounds snobby but if they are going for a classy OHMSS feel, you cant have NG anywhere near it, sorry (although who in pop music at the moment has any real class), its lacking at the moment IMHO

Exactly.
    Even though I dont like the idea of a repeat, its hard to look beyond Adele at the moment as someone who can produce the goods
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I adore Bryan Ferry! He's got the look and the voice to compliment Bond:

What about that Cherry 2000 film with Melanie Griffith!!?? IMHO she was amazing before she ruined herself!
    He has style but he lacks power IMHO. My test is, I have to imagine them doing a good cover of Thunderball (obviously never as good as the original), if they pass that test, then they have a chance. Tony Christie would have been great but its too late.

everybody's wheeling
    everybody's steeling
    all the low are living high
    Every city's got em
    can we ever stop em
    some of us are gonna try
    I remember reading that with OHMSS was an instrumental as it was impossible to get that into the lyric. Skyfall was a tight squeeze , so what ryhmes with Spetre?
    http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?&typeofrhyme=perfect&loc=moreideas&Word=spectre
    Jody Schecter?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bryan Ferry would be great!
    I remember reading that with OHMSS was an instrumental as it was impossible to get that into the lyric. Skyfall was a tight squeeze , so what ryhmes with Spetre?
    http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?&typeofrhyme=perfect&loc=moreideas&Word=spectre
    Jody Schecter?

Like a whisper in the wind
    Like a shadow in the dark
    Like a needle in the straw
    They'll watch you like a Shark

They are an illusion
    You will not know they're there
    They will cause great confusion
    before vanishing into thin air

SPECTRE are the key to every great crime
    They've been in the shadows
    Since the beginning of time.
    A ghost, a goul, a spirit, a dream.
    You better worry if you're part of the scheme

They say
    He's worse than a debt collector
    His mind is sharper than Hannibal Lecter
    He is a human lie detector
    Who is the head of the mysterious SPECTRE?

;)
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I fixed a broken link for Johnny & Mary - the video and song are brilliant and I wanted to share it here!

Fun niche film Cherry 2000

I see Ferry for a more chilled / melancholy title song as per FRWL / FYEO / OHMSS Louis Armstrong style. Not every song needs to be Tom Jonestastic!!
    edited March 2015 Posts: 805
    I fully expect the theme song to include either (or both) of the following lines of lyric:

You'll never grow older
    With that spectre at your shoulder

The lies and deceit
    The spectre of defeat

Where do I collect my royalty cheques lol

Clearly you have not hear tracks like Master plan and talk tonight NG is an incredible songwriter to dismiss him as chav. All the best songwriters are working class. Does not make you a Chav.
    He is a chav though.....past press and behaviour has proved this. Liam is even worse.
    suavejmf wrote: »

Sorry Tom Jones has a child a 15 years old, Lulu is from the roughest housing scheme in Glasgow. Adele in a eqaully tough sceme in North London. Jack White battered Meg White at the Gleneagles hotel before a gig at T in the park. Noel has openly admitted he stopped taking drugs and is very much the model professional. Liam has never changed his ways but Noel does not work with his brother anymore. You can't say, sorry your talented but you know what when you were younger you did some bad stuff so you can't sing a bond them, thats just a mental mentallity. The man has shown he understands great melodies, understanding of orchestral and brass elements through tracks like Masterplan and his High Flying Birds project.

I think your just being a snob. I suppose had Amy Winehouse still been alive you would have objected to her doing it as well?

For crying out loud even Sir Paul McCartney was arrested in his younger beatles days for his antics http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-arrest-history/ should he not have sang the LALD theme?
    andmcit wrote: »
    I fixed a broken link for Johnny & Mary - the video and song are brilliant and I wanted to share it here!

Fun niche film Cherry 2000

I see Ferry for a more chilled / melancholy title song as per FRWL / FYEO / OHMSS Louis Armstrong style. Not every song needs to be Tom Jonestastic!!

An absolutely inspired idea from somebody who clearly has great taste.
    I'd love to see Ferry do it. Yes, it would have to be chilled and melancholy but that's his style and God knows he has it in abundance!

And another thing people keep saying they are going for an OHMSS service vibe with SPECTRE other than a mountain and snow there is no other known similarity at this stage. We also seen bond in snow in several films TSWLM and TLD for example, people are jumping to conclusions to early on.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Jody Schecter?

They are an illusion
    You will not know they're there
    They will cause great confusion
    before vanishing into thin air

SPECTRE are the key to every great crime
    They've been in the shadows
    Since the beginning of time.
    A ghost, a goul, a spirit, a dream.
    You better worry if you're part of the scheme

They say
    He's worse than a debt collector
    His mind is sharper than Hannibal Lecter
    He is a human lie detector
    Who is the head of the mysterious SPECTRE?

;)

I just read to the song Winmills of the mind from the Thomas Crown Affair and it works. hahaha
    We are forgetting than neither Noel or Liam can actually sing though. Yes, they make popular and good music, but it isn't Bondesque it is 'indie'.