SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,756
    I just saw the 5-min ComicCon trailer from "The Man From UNCLE". By jolly, this spy film is going to be big also:

"Don't make me put you over my knee." Thunderball reference :D
    Cavill as Bond? No thanks

He has a young Brosnan look
    I'd've loved Cavill as Bond (at least he'd've been the right age for a rookie double-0, and the immaturity/brattiness of Bond in CR would have had a proper age that made the thing work in some kind of context) ten years ago, or if he'd gotten the gig before putting on all this muscle, which seems to have changed his face as well as his physique. Somehow he just looks like a lifeguard transitioning into modelling now.
    LeChiffre wrote: »

@dominicgreene was only referring to a Bond line from "Thunderball". And now we again start talking about "Cavill being Bond". Reallyyy :-). Maybe "The Man From UNCLE" will evoke a very Bond-esque feeling, but I'm a bit saddened that because of that we again start talking about "Who should be Bond". Really....CRAIG IS BOND. And "UNCLE" will simply be a great film.
  • Great, now let's get back to Spectre!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    dr_no_joseph_wiseman1.png
    I just saw the 5-min ComicCon trailer from "The Man From UNCLE". By jolly, this spy film is going to be big also:
    doubleoego wrote: »
    dr_no_joseph_wiseman1.png

Spectre?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Sam and Rebecca Hall split after her cheating on him.

Seems it happened during Spectre production. Hopefully he could still concentrate fully on the film.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3157606/GIRL-TOWN-Mendes-Hall-split-falls-star-bed-scene.html#ixzz3ffS1a7Tw

That piece of news really doesn't belong here in this thread.
    Germanlady wrote: »

Seems it happened during Spectre production. Hopefully he could still concentrate fully on the film.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3157606/GIRL-TOWN-Mendes-Hall-split-falls-star-bed-scene.html#ixzz3ffS1a7Tw

A shame, I like Rebecca Hall. I don't want to go into gossip, but Sam Mendes cheated on Kate Winslet with Hall. An ironic twist of fate.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,548
    what goes around comes around it seems.
  • Don't expect the next one about Spectre and Lektor to be named Spector then
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

Looks cool!

Nowhere in the article is it mentioned that she cheated on Mendes. They split, and only after that did she find a new boyfriend according to the daily mail.

Nowhere in the article is it mentioned that she cheated on Mendes. They split, and only after that did she find a new boyfriend according to the daily mail.

Yes, you are right. I didn't read properly.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Does not anyone see the irony in the surname of her new boyfriend? I know it's not the same spelling but what are the chances?

@dominicgreene was only referring to a Bond line from "Thunderball". And now we again start talking about "Cavill being Bond". Reallyyy :-). Maybe "The Man From UNCLE" will evoke a very Bond-esque feeling, but I'm a bit saddened that because of that we again start talking about "Who should be Bond". Really....CRAIG IS BOND. And "UNCLE" will simply be a great film.

I can't tell about UNCLE (not a Ritchie fan), but Craig has never remotely looked or felt right for Bond (except maybe as a Vargas-type thug for the main villain.) And that's not even getting into my thoughts on him personally and his recent bratty comments regarding Simon Pegg and the stormtrooper story, plus the bit about who the next Bond would be. He seems to have mistakenly thought he was displaying casual arrogance when employing outright rudeness in its place. For a guy who hasn't had a genuine net-profit hit outside of Bond, it is kind of startling.
    trevanian wrote: »
    but Craig has never remotely looked or felt right for Bond

You do realise that the vast majority of Bond fans and casual moviegoers both disagree with you, don't you?
    trevanian wrote: »

I can't tell about UNCLE (not a Ritchie fan), but Craig has never remotely looked or felt right for Bond (except maybe as a Vargas-type thug for the main villain.) And that's not even getting into my thoughts on him personally and his recent bratty comments regarding Simon Pegg and the stormtrooper story, plus the bit about who the next Bond would be. He seems to have mistakenly thought he was displaying casual arrogance when employing outright rudeness in its place. For a guy who hasn't had a genuine net-profit hit outside of Bond, it is kind of startling.

While I disagree with what you said about Craig completely, I thought his comments weren't Bond (or gentleman)-like, imagining how Sean or even Roger would have replied to a question like that.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Yeah but Craig as far as I know hasn't beaten his wife up or just been a thoroughly unpleasant person which are things you can't say about Connery.

He can swear like a trooper for all I care, what kind of world do we live in when the actions of Connery are deemed fine and Craig drops an F bomb and he's not as classy as Sean?

Some of you wear blinders when it comes to Lord Connery just because he was the first.

As for Roger you'll get no complaint from he's a great ambassador for the series but I can't imagine he's whiter than white. Craig says it like he feels and he gets more respect from me for that than Connery's questionable past.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    That's the thing, the media are happy to report incorrect news, humiliate people, go as far as fabricating stories and even put people's lives at risk (the death of Diana caused by fleeing the media is something I will always despise them for) but Craig is one of the few people who doesn't suffer fools and is honest about his opinions and feelings and people want to maje it a big deal? Really?

Even when he's joking or being sarcastic his comments get taken out of context so it's not a big deal to him. Besides, he conducts himself better than many of his peers out there who are difficult to interview. The same people here who blindly champion the likes of Hardy seem to ignore the fact that he makes Craig look like a saint when it comes to interacting with interviewers not to mention tge last time I checked, Craig has never choked out his director.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,756
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Yeah but Craig as far as I know hasn't beaten his wife up or just been a thoroughly unpleasant person which are things you can't say about Connery.

He can swear like a trooper for all I care, what kind of world do we live in when the actions of Connery are deemed fine and Craig drops an F bomb and he's not as classy as Sean?

Some of you wear blinders when it comes to Lord Connery just because he was the first.

As for Roger you'll get no complaint from he's a great ambassador for the series but I can't imagine he's whiter than white. Craig says it like he feels and he gets more respect from me for that than Connery's questionable past.

Fair enough, but it wasn't Bond-like. Not in a bad way, but it's more respectable to keep cool at that point in frustration imo.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yea was it a print or video interview? He could have been misquoted or not.. overall Craig I believe is touted as a nice guy...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 6,601
    It was a press junket and will be printed in October. He is considered "wonderful" and all kinds of great attributes by the people, who know him, collegues and else, but certainly not by the press. They feel, he can be difficult and "one word". In short, he doesn't make their job easy, he isn't running the show for them. At times, he only hurts himself, but he was never afraid to shove stupid, uninformed or disrespectful questions down their throats, so he does. Not that I always agree, not even my fangirl, but its probably more Bondish then some give him credit for - or can you imagine Bond taking in bs without answering to it. (Just saying that, because some compare this to Bond)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Probably a print interview as it was for Time Out but I do believe that the Tweet by clacktastic has now been deleted but he has confirmed that the interview will not be out until October so another embargo.

But the thing with press junkets, you get interviewed by lots of different journalists who usually ask the same question over and over again so that was probably the 15th time he'd been asked that question that day...and the press junket lasted at least two days.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Aww thank you both... @Germanlady and @leas_mole
    So long as he doesn't do or say anything outright offensive to someone or anything illegal, I don't mind what he's like out side of Bond. He's an actor, if he can act Bond on screen and does it convincingly for me, then I'm happy.

Yes he swears, but so what? Prince Philip swears and he's royalty. A lot of the time he does it in jest, and those on the receiving end know that and go with it. He has a certain sense of humour that some people get and share and others don't - he just has to be careful that he doesn't say the wrong thing to the wrong person.
    Well he's been the same pretty much through out his entire career as Bond thus far. I think he's well aware of what he's doing and is professional enough to not be so careless with his remarks ala Gary Oldman and many others. This whole thing is a non issue tbh.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 725
    I like Craig as Bond and I've read that he is a decent guy on the set, professional and friendly. But when you are paid $20m to do a film that most actors would kill to do, it is your job to be professional during the promo. I've criticized Craig earlier for when he occasionally acts up with paps, giving them the finger, snapping at fans who want a picture in public because it is unnecessary and it gets him bad press. Maybe they just said or did something to really get him angry so may he has an excuse on these occasions.

But saying unwise things to the press who were invited by EON to do these interviews is unprofessional. The swearing is irrelevant and not the issue. It is the snarky, grumpy conduct. The press invited to do these promo events are just doing their jobs. How can most of them not ask the same questions, that is typical of all these promo round table events. All actors deal with it. It's in Craig's contract to do these events and give the press the positive info and spin they need to write positive SP stories. These press reps are not paps goading him on the street. It is a real disappointment to read about his conduct. He is being a jerk, and there is no excuse for it.