SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in a nearby hotel...

CH4ukSxWwAAIbHU.jpg
    Moonraker and Die Another Day don't count, I take it? ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    That same hotel still cannot get the number of Bond films right! I am sure there was a similar notice posted here a few weeks ago :P
    It is seriously one google search. Maybe they read 24 official films, and two unofficial in NSNA and CR 67 so they think they should subtract two from 24. Oh well.
    There were helicopters flying above Marlow today. It made me think of SP.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I think today will be the last time during this production we see set photos because in Morocco, media hasn't proven itself.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,496
    Tangier. Morocco. #SPECTRE (via @007)

CIC1aovWcAII4U0.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,588
    :D :D :D
    The whole Craig is contracted for one more thing - whilst I'm sure he'll be back, how do we know conclusively what's in his contract?

They can be changed, renegotiated etc

In a recent interview either Barbara or Michael said Craig had an "open contract" (they were both in the interview, can't remember which said it).

I think any mentions of contracts are futile, as we haven't seen it and most of the time have to go by press reports.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I think today will be the last time during this production we see set photos because in Morocco, media hasn't proven itself.

Looks like you spoke too soon lol

^ ^
    This is going to be one of the most visually stunning movies, ever!
    Red_Snow wrote: »

CIC1aovWcAII4U0.jpg

Aaaaargh, Jabba Jabba Jabbaaaa :D. Anyone else??
    JCRendle wrote: »
    The whole Craig is contracted for one more thing - whilst I'm sure he'll be back, how do we know conclusively what's in his contract?

In a recent interview either Barbara or Michael said Craig had an "open contract" (they were both in the interview, can't remember which said it).

I think any mentions of contracts are futile, as we haven't seen it and most of the time have to go by press reports.

I'd like to say something here.

Did anyone ever notice how close Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are? Daniel Craig in a way is already an uncredited creative consultant. So IF Daniel Craig quits the job, I actually can see him continue working on the franchise from behind the scenes, with official co-producer and/or creative consultant credits. If I hear him talking, he simply enjoys the franchise so bloody much. He's such a creative geek, as opposed to Pierce Brosnan. I love it.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,496
    Here's a vine video of one of the boats warming up near Vauxhall Bridge and the Mi6 building.

And a photo:

CIC90YZWsAAmM8x.jpg
    Red_Snow wrote:

CIC1aovWcAII4U0.jpg

It seems the filming date has been blurred.
    It looks good though. :)
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,169
    [Production news and photos moved to other thread]
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JCRendle wrote: »

I'd like to say something here.

Did anyone ever notice how close Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are? Daniel Craig in a way is already an uncredited creative consultant. So IF Daniel Craig quits the job, I actually can see him continue working on the franchise from behind the scenes, with official co-producer and/or creative consultant credits. If I hear him talking, he simply enjoys the franchise so bloody much. He's such a creative geek, as opposed to Pierce Brosnan. I love it.

I agree with you but please, lets not single out Brosnan here. All the actors that came before Craig fit that description not just Pierce.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Correct me if I'm wrong, GG, but how is Pierce Brosnan the opposite of being creative? I do recall he inserted his own humour and came up with a few additional dialogues ever since GoldenEye. He was the one who wanted Bond to take a darker path, but they weren't ready to go for it by the time he was holding the Walther. Come now, you cannot discredit the good old Pierce, now, can you? :D
    CIDBARfWgAAT3_n.jpg

CIDBl4jWsAAn7wr.jpg

CIDBvP9WoAAPHUL.jpg
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 220
    [img][/img]776242spectremaroc.jpg
    With this picture (good quality), I guess the date written on the clapperboard is June 20th: it was yesterday actually.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    Brimar wrote: »
    I was just wondering for those who know, how many Bond films over the decades were also reported to have "script problems" during production beyond QoS and TND? And how many of those came out as solid films in the end?
    On the flip side: Die Another Day had a smooth, trouble-free screenwriting process and the final script -- especially the P&W dialogue -- was terrible.

I'm glad Sam Mendes has been trying to increase the script quality for Spectre even at the eleventh hour. Apparently, he cares more about the film quality than Barbara Broccoli does.

:)) I love the " low flying helicopter " sign.
    Strelik wrote: »
    I was just wondering for those who know, how many Bond films over the decades were also reported to have "script problems" during production beyond QoS and TND? And how many of those came out as solid films in the end?
    On the flip side: Die Another Day had a smooth, trouble-free screenwriting process and the final script -- especially the P&W dialogue -- was terrible.

I'm glad Sam Mendes has been trying to increase the script quality for Spectre even at the eleventh hour. Apparently, he cares more about the film quality than Barbara Broccoli does.

Not true. Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but from where on earth are u basing your opinions?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    :D

Let's not start labelling people as "caring" and "not caring". Making a Bond film (or any film for that matter) is a very challenging and complex creative process, that both Mendes and the producers, as well as Daniel are in together.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,058

Better to try and fix it rather than accept it as poor and continue anyway (if it is indeed poor, idk)
    "More rigs set up on Vaux Bridge than Lambeth Brdg today, unlike previous weekends - so maybe less helicopters overhead later? #Spectre #Bond (via @MrBaileyM)";

CIDLK0cXAAARO_z.jpg
    Correct me if I'm wrong, GG, but how is Pierce Brosnan the opposite of being creative? I do recall he inserted his own humour and came up with a few additional dialogues ever since GoldenEye. He was the one who wanted Bond to take a darker path, but they weren't ready to go for it by the time he was holding the Walther. Come now, you cannot discredit the good old Pierce, now, can you? :D

The circumstances surrounding a Bond's time in the role are really kind of unique. I may prefer Craig as Bond, but lots of that is due to the weaker scripts that I thought Pierce had. Pierce always has struck me as a hard working, classy guy that gave the role his all. It's one thing to talk about his Bonds, but I don't like to see him knocked personally. And EON didn't let him go in the most humane way either.

Someone noted earlier about how the Bond films have grown almost exponentially in cost, complexity, competition, not to mention expectations. The next Bond is not going to have an easy time of it with the press, the fans, and the backbiting on the net.
    Another one from the set in Tangiers:

CIDREW-VAAAB3eU.png
    Prepping for shooting at the kasbah in Tangier:
    JamesBondfilm2015-06-19-12:14:50.jpg

"June 21, 2015. (...) It took us about 4 hours to get to Tangier, and that afternoon we explored the city. Our path was blocked slightly because a James Bond movie was being filmed in part of the medina"
    https://ramblingsofanarabicstudent.wordpress.com/tag/طنجة/