The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    I want to see more Badass Pierce. ;)

=D>
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    When I first saw the film, my views on it were mixed. It's like I was expecting something more Bondian, which didn't happen. But, when I saw it again a few days ago, I loved the film. It's just a down-to-earth thriller with action elements. I'm still not of preference when vulgar language comes to embrace a spy film. Not a fan of it. But, I am all for the sequel, and a bigger budget would literally help.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Great movie.
    Actually Pierce looks better now then in his Bond days. Less of a pretty boy, more of a man, something he lacked as Bond for me.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree, I think Pierce like Connery will suit looking older. Must be
    A Celtic thing. ;) so should work for Tim as well. :D
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 88
    Pierce looks younger than Craig.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    See, here is the right thread to live your Brosnan fanboyhood. Or your Craig hateboyhood. Huh, what a word. I crack myself up. Anyway, nothing will bring him back.
    When Craig is done (S-O-O-N), nothing will bring him back.
    See, here is the right thread to live your Brosnan fanboyhood. Or your Craig hateboyhood. Huh, what a word. I crack myself up. Anyway, nothing will bring him back.
    I must be lucky, I like Pierce and I like Daniel,
    Only one way to find out ..... FIGHT !!!!! :))
    Fight? Who? I hope, you dont wanna put up poor Pierce against DC. That was the other lesser aspect about him, that he never had a fit body. Old man Daniel would knock out prime time Pierce in his sleep.
    ;) Pierce knows a few tricks, to equal the stakes with a youngster.
    You mean, DC better wake up before taking him on?
    But I meant Pierce being the youngster in his prime and still...

Talking without smileys is no fun, but either I miss something or smartphones dont have them
    Yes, Without smilies, some people might think I'm being serious ! :D
    Lol
    :D found them.
    :)) life is good again. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    =D>
    Finally got a chance to see this film last night. And as usual, another Brosnan film that I liked. I've liked most everything he's done except his Bond films. For me November Man was the kind of action thriller his Bond films should have been. In his choice of films,
    I like the way Brosnan moves between drama, action, and comedy. Of all the Bond actors, he's probably the most versatile.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I watched it - shall I say, finally, after waiting for two years - and I enjoyed it immensely. 10/10
    Walecs wrote: »
    I watched it - shall I say, finally, after waiting for two years - and I enjoyed it immensely. 10/10
    Glad you enjoyed as much as I did! And when you consider the INSANELY small budget it had, it's even MORE impressive IMO.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed as much as I did! And when you consider the INSANELY small budget it had, it's even MORE impressive IMO.

Exactly and to put it controversially: Brosnan oozes more Bond in November Man than Craig ever could.
    to put it controversially: Brosnan oozes more Bond in November Man than Craig ever could.
    I don't know, Devereaux was not exactly Bond... and I think Craig rocks Bond (especially in QOS).
  • How's the sequel coming along ? Seems to have gone very quiet. Hope it's still happening.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No word from them, yet. Last it was spoken of was on Jimmy Fallon's late night show. It was supposedly to begin production in late 2014... No words from them, yet.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    chrisisall wrote: »

Exactly and to put it controversially: Brosnan oozes more Bond in November Man than Craig ever could.

I see you're still dreaming.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    to put it controversially: Brosnan oozes more Bond in November Man than Craig ever could.

I haven't seen The November Man, but oozing more Bond than Craig is not saying much.
    Still not seen November Man yet.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @RogueAgent

You should, if you like Brosnan. He really kicks ass in that one and imo shows perfectly how he could have acted in the current Bond era.
    @RogueAgent

You should, if you like Brosnan. He really kicks ass in that one and imo shows perfectly how he could have acted in the current Bond era.

Yeah i do like Brozza, just have not got round to seeing it.
    This movie got it's China release in cinemas the last week :D :))

2 years after the premiere and it opened up at #4 on the boxoffice with 2+m dollars
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow nice, not bad at all. Maybe it will push a Sequel out soon. :D