SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

timmer wrote: »
    Get a good soundbar with that TV and you're all set!

I already have a very good home cinema set ;-). Harman Kardon.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    It's confirmed the crew and cast will be in Mexico City in March (probably after the shooting in Rome with the principal cast - the 1st unit will go to Mexico while 2nd unit will probably stay in Rome)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p960x960/10904490_765460106842760_1034243443735753330_o.jpg

:-) :-) :-)
    I thought Rome was next in February in the filming?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Agent7F wrote: »
    It's confirmed the crew and cast will be in Mexico City in March (probably after the shooting in Rome with the principal cast - the 1st unit will go to Mexico while 2nd unit will probably stay in Rome)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p960x960/10904490_765460106842760_1034243443735753330_o.jpg

Austria, next week.
    ;)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Agent7F wrote: »

Austria, next week.
    ;)

Only the second unit will be in Austria.
    Rome is from the 19th of February, so the crew has almost 20 days in Mexico City+ plus some of the scenes will be filmed at Pinewood.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited January 2015 Posts: 1,756
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.

In any case......I WANNA SEE SPECTRE NOW!!! 8-X

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

=P~

Lucky you :-) :-) :-) My TV, isn't even working :-(

Do not watch any movie in an "enhanced" Hz!
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

=P~

Well, why not? One thing I can say is, that with more Hz, the better fast moving action shots/sequences are refreshed at a much faster rate. I actually can see the difference between my previous 200 Hz LED tv and this new 1000 Hz LED tv. It's really astonishing to be honest.

Just a simple example: When Solitaire lays her cards, I never really noticed her fast moving hands with her pink nail varnish. With my new tv....it suddenly struck me. Just....just more details really.

On top of that: Buy an Ambilight TV!!! Man, man, man, an entire James Bond main title sequence is simply mar-vel-lous! Magnificent. Seeing all the exact colors and dynamics from the "Live And Let Die"-MTS projected on the left and right side of your wall....is simply astonishing.

Also, with my new tv I found out that on the left and right sides of the Bond films actually previously unvisible picture/image material can be made visible by zooming out. For instance, we know that "LALD" wasn't filmed in letterbox, but is actually shown in 16:9 frame. Which is alctually not entirely true. I now have the full frame on my new tv with very very tiny "black bars" on top and bottom of the screen. It's simply amazing!

One thing I really dislike, is 3D though. Never been a fan of it. And I think it'll always be only for cinema.

Anyway, 1000 Hz, Ambilight, just buy a damn Philips LED tv :-). It IS amazing.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

=P~

Well, why not? One thing I can say is, that with more Hz, the better fast moving action shots/sequences are refreshed at a much faster rate. I actually can see the difference between my previous 200 Hz LED tv and this new 1000 Hz LED tv. It's really astonishing to be honest.

Just a simple example: When Solitaire lays her cards, I never really noticed her fast moving hands with her pink nail varnish. With my new tv....it suddenly struck me. Just....just more details really.

On top of that: Buy an Ambilight TV!!! Man, man, man, an entire James Bond main title sequence is simply mar-vel-lous! Magnificent. Seeing all the exact colors and dynamics from the "Live And Let Die"-MTS projected on the left and right side of your wall....is simply astonishing.

Also, with my new tv I found out that on the left and right sides of the Bond films actually previously unvisible picture/image material can be made visible by zooming out. For instance, we know that "LALD" wasn't filmed in letterbox, but is actually shown in 16:9 frame. Which is alctually not entirely true. I now have the full frame on my new tv with very very tiny "black bars" on top and bottom of the screen. It's simply amazing!

One thing I really dislike, is 3D though. Never been a fan of it. And I think it'll always be only for cinema.

Anyway, 1000 Hz, Ambilight, just buy a damn Philips LED tv :-). It IS amazing.

• RC7RC7

=P~

The Soap Opera Effect. Urgh.
  • RC7 wrote: »

=P~

No.

Then never go to cinema.
    Another casting call in Mexico... for costume...

10483911_765633720158732_5885376032521866354_n.jpg?oh=6f5c38963c6a91e2e0c7cf56009afa11&oe=556AB23C
    Yikes! Who designs those flyers and how much is she or he getting paid for it?

I think, what might look terrible to us might be what people down there like. Mexico is a very colourful country.

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

=P~

No.

Then never go to cinema.

I don't know what that means.

It'll no doubt be someone in the production office. On the whole production teams will not faff around making things pretty or outsourcing them to a design company.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I can't believe so many people don't notice this or don't care.
    And do you know what Catrina is?... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Calavera_Catrina
  • RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I can't believe so many people don't notice this or don't care.

It's destroys the filmic look completely.
  • Exactly Film has been standardised as 24fps (frames per second) for years now. Video is I think 60 fps. The new TVs essentially cheat your eye and duplicate frames t put more information in (information that was never there) and gives everything shot on film a more video look to it. This robbing the film of its look.

Uk fans who are familiar with Only Fools and Horses should notice the difference between the look of scenes shot on video in the trotters flat to scenes shot on film such as the exterior market scenes.

The have a different look and feel all together.

If your to has a 1080p24p setting for god sakes use it!

The high refresh rate was defined for sports programes etc not for turning perfectly good films into crap.

It essentially makes normal motion look slightly sped up and gives sets and costumes the look f a documentary.

I went to see The Hobbit Unexpected Journey in high frame rate (which is what your tv is making the films look like) and it was horrid! The suits of arm looked like painted plastic and the sets that of a stage play.

Our eyes see the world every day in a certain frame rate, true film is lower its a series of single images 24 times a second prices to heather and projected with music and sound that creates as Tarantino put it a magic trick. Film is a magic trick an allusion and that's why our eyes love it so much.

Video is just showing us what we see everyday. The mundane normal world.

Any true film fan worth his or her salt knows this and wouldn't dare turn live and let die the film into live and let die the documentary.

Now that I've death with the matter consult your TVs settings and put things right. Then change it back whenever the next borish World Cup or boxing match is on.

On with the bond discussion!
  • RC7RC7
    @00Dalton - I love your Only Fools and Horses ref.

Very much looking forward to this SP shoot in Mexico. Could be one of the most vibrant scenes we've had in a long time, while also suitably macabre!
    A few more new faces then? Certainly shaping up very nicely!
  • RC7 wrote: »

That's quite an exaggeration. One can also say something like "Nah, this is not my taste really. Ambilight and so on". Instead of using such a hyperbole :-).

By the way, what kind of TV do you have @RC7? A one like this?
    $_84.JPG

This surely brings about the "inner cinema" in all of us.

Moreover, evolution of screen quality also happens in the cinema. So these kind of developments (IMAX, slightly curved screens) are fully embraced and are absolutely no problem?
  • You simply don't get it.
    Very much looking forward to this SP shoot in Mexico. Could be one of the most vibrant scenes we've had in a long time, while also suitably macabre!
    Anyone care to speculate? Day of the Dead. Lots of people. What kind of action setpiece could we expect?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

That's quite an exaggeration. One can also say something like "Nah, this is not my taste really. Ambilight and so on". Instead of using such a hyperbole :-).

By the way, what kind of TV do you have @RC7? A one like this?
    $_84.JPG

This surely brings about the "inner cinema" in all of us.

Moreover, evolution of screen quality also happens in the cinema. So these kind of developments (IMAX, slightly curved screens) are fully embraced and are absolutely no problem?

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/wtf-just-happened-soap-opera-effect/
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    It's a matter of taste really. And I tend to disagree with it. I do think that posting that cheap portable tv picture in part shows how our tv's have developed.

For me personally, I think it's a wunderful experience with 1000 Hz. Moreover I think the Ultra HD (4K) is not to blaim for that, but the frequency rate is. That makes fast moving images rolling on the screen much smoother.

So if we then suddenly can see all these different details, then it's not a matter of your brain not able to cope with it. Then it's merely a matter of technology finally adjusting to our brains. Similar to real vision.

So I think It's quite bold to let your irritation speak out with descriptions like "soap opera effect". You can also try to get used to it.....and enjoy it. And if you don't like it, shut the features off. Because it's all a matter of taste.....and a matter of getting used to it.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512
    It's a matter of taste really. And I tend to disagree with it. I do think that posting that cheap portable tv picture in part shows how our tv's have developed.

For me personally, I think it's a wunderful experience with 1000 Hz. Moreover I think the Ultra HD (4K) is not to blaim for that, but the frequency rate is. That makes fast moving images rolling on the screen much smoother.

So if we then suddenly can see all these different details, then it's not a matter of your brain not able to cope with it. Then it's merely a matter of technology finally adjusting to our brains. Similar to real vision.

So I think It's quite bold to let your irritation speak out with descriptions like "soap opera effect". You can also try to get used to it.....and enjoy it. And if you don't like it, shut the features off. Because it's all a matter of taste.....and a matter of getting used to it.

You're the only person I've ever known who thinks this is the way to watch a film. Every single person I know with a smart TV switches the motion features off as soon as they set up the TV. Each to their own, but I would highly recommend switching it off. The quality of the image will still be crystal and the film will run as intended.

Oh and for the record, I'd rather watch a Bond on VHS on that TV you posted, than watch any on my own TV with the motion feature enabled.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 260
    It's a matter of taste really.

It's actually a matter of facts. You aren't getting more detail on a film shot 24fps, you are just seeing filler.

Screen quality is different from changing the image which the "1000Hz super flow" stuff does. If something was filmed at 50fps it should be shown at 50, if a film was filmed at 24 it should be 24. IMAX improves image quality but does not change refresh rate, it's always 24, that's the standard for all films.
    Haven't things gotten slightly off track here...?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    timeout.png

These last couple of posts have gone distressingly far off topic. Can we please take the coolest TV set contest to another thread? ;-)

Thank you!
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Anyone care to speculate? Day of the Dead. Lots of people. What kind of action setpiece could we expect?

God knows. I don't know why, but my immediate thought was a potential terrorist act, like a bomb in a crowded area. Maybe a little bleak, though. Wouldn't mind a good foot chase.