SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    A source would be nice.

And the shooting schedule?
    Don't forget - they spent 3 months in Turkey, to shoot a 12 minute action setpiece. They are spending less time in Austria.

The action setpiece in Austria will not last minimum 25 minutes. That is purely speculation. It would make it the longest action setpiece - ever!

And the script? I have also read it. Can't comment on it here, of course.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Archivo007 reporting for duty.

Mexico is coming.

Casting call for 5th, 6th and 7th of February: all ages and nationalitys allowed! A crowded scene, probably! http://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/spectre/1659-casting-en-mexico

BBNDjqN.jpg

No mention of where the shooting will take place?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    A source would be nice.

And the shooting schedule?
    Don't forget - they spent 3 months in Turkey, to shoot a 12 minute action setpiece. They are spending less time in Austria.

The action setpiece in Austria will not last minimum 25 minutes. That is purely speculation. It would make it the longest action setpiece - ever!

And the script? I have also read it. Can't comment on it here, of course.

Yes, because the entire PTS of "Skyfall" basically was a non-stop action sequence. Very much like the PTS of "TLD". Hence the lengthy filming time with 1st, 2nd and even a 3rd unit.

I do have a feeling though, that the Austria-part in the film will not be non-stop action. The 2-day filmed scenes in Altaussee for instance, could hint to more lengthy romantic drama in the film. And also don't forget that scenes inside the actual village have been filmed. Or what about Madeleine in the IceQ restaurant.

So let's wait and see. I know you have read the entire screenplay of "SPECTRE", but @Zekidk at least try to not imply things too much based on that knowledge. I know it'll be the truth then. And some people hope that Austria will feature big time in "SPECTRE".
    @Gustav Graves
    I see your point. And I will not comment on your assumptions about the movie.

But telling everyone that you have read the script, and then arguing that the setpiece will last at least 25 minutes based on knowledge from reading the script, is certainly not something that belongs in this thread. (the word "script" itself should be flagged from this thread from now on.)

Secondly, it's misinformation. Probably not deliberately, though.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Zekidk I don't know about your points. We'll just have to wait and see the movie.
    They are looking for extras of all ages and nationalities for the Mexico shooting, this will be a very busy scene :-)
    Can't wait for the movie !!! :-)
    Yes, every tiny detail about the film, even only remotely based on information from the script, is not welcomed here without a solid, fat spoiler tag! These spoiler tags are easy to use, so why don't do it for christ's sake!
    IMDB just mentions this:

Neve Gachev as "Clinic Patron"
    1186597movie.jpg

She's quite the catch for small cameos in spy movies. She already appeared in "Red 2", "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", "Skyfall" (a veryy small cameo as a London comuter) anddddd indeed now "Kingsman: The Secret Service" :-).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Maybe we'll get something from Baz tonight? I'll be on look out.
    EDIT: Nothing
    ggl007 wrote: »

Mexico is coming.

Casting call for 5th, 6th and 7th of February: all ages and nationalitys allowed! A crowded scene, probably!
    "The sheet calls for people of all ages for the background crowd and extras this February 5th till February 7th. The chase sequence is rumored to
    feature a Day of the Death festival which would mark the first time a local holiday is portrayed in a James Bond movie since 1979´s Moonraker starring Roger Moore , which featured the Carnival of Rio."
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BurningDivide/news/?a=114572
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,512

Mexico is coming.

Casting call for 5th, 6th and 7th of February: all ages and nationalitys allowed! A crowded scene, probably!
    "The sheet calls for people of all ages for the background crowd and extras this February 5th till February 7th. The chase sequence is rumored to
    feature a Day of the Death festival which would mark the first time a local holiday is portrayed in a James Bond movie since 1979´s Moonraker starring Roger Moore , which featured the Carnival of Rio."

Can see where Mendes got his influences there.
  • so will Craig and co be filming in Mexico next week?
    1st unit Mexico City apparently
    2nd and 3rd unit: Obertilliach and Sölden in Austria.
    1st unit Mexico City apparently
    2nd and 3rd unit: Obertilliach and Sölden in Austria.

I wouldn't agree with you as there is a lot of scenes to shoot in Mexico, they can't do it in 3 days.
    And the dates: 5th, 6th and 7th of February don't regard the filming but the choice of the extras.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Victor Schefé is another new addition to the cast, according to the famous german magazine FOCUS.

6dLocQW.jpg

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,588
    This is shaping up to be a very large cast, but a great one that is. :)
    jake24 wrote: »
    This is shaping up to be a very large cast, but a great one that is. :)

You said it @jake24
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    Well, so far Mendes and the team, obviously including Debbie McWilliams, have done a fanastic job with casting. Even with these actors who, I guess, have small yet seemingly important roles.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Victor Schefé is another new addition to the cast, according to the famous german magazine FOCUS.

6dLocQW.jpg

That's one ugly ass villain. He should be great.

Mexico is coming.

Again here shows the love for "LALD" ;-). Who didn't love all the scene's of "death" in that PTS, especially with all that dancing and jumping during funerals and killings ;-).
    It's confirmed the crew and cast will be in Mexico City in March (probably after the shooting in Rome with the principal cast - the 1st unit will go to Mexico while 2nd unit will probably stay in Rome)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p960x960/10904490_765460106842760_1034243443735753330_o.jpg

:-) :-) :-)

6dLocQW.jpg

Another red herring for Blofeld?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    IMDB just mentions this:

Neve Gachev as "Clinic Patron"
    1186597movie.jpg

She's quite the catch for small cameos in spy movies. She already appeared in "Red 2", "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", "Skyfall" (a veryy small cameo as a London comuter) anddddd indeed now "Kingsman: The Secret Service" :-).

Wouldn't it be funny if she turned out to a SPECTRE agent keeping an eye on Bond? :)
    Well, that's a good one. But dear people. We know that SPECTRE originally was a crime syndicate vs. brotherhood no? It's therefore logical that SPECTRE uses their own agents. Just like:

The_SPECTRE_heirarchy.png

But perhaps more like:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    dominic-greene-quantu-of-solace-danterants-blogspot-com.jpg

I think "SPECTRE" will have quite a few agents operating under tight supervision of the head of SPECTRE ;-). Call them "red herrings", but fact is in order to have a well-oiled machine, a tightly run syndicate vs. brotherhood...you need people. Perhaps a lot of people. Because SPECTRE basically is the villainous counterpart of MI6. At least, that's how Ian Fleming wrote the syndicate:

"In Ian Fleming's novels, SPECTRE is a commercial enterprise led by Blofeld. Their top-level members are 21 individuals, 18 of whom handle day-to-day affairs and are drawn in groups of three from six of the world's most notorious criminal organisations—the Gestapo, SMERSH, Marshal Josip Broz Tito's secret police, the Mafia, the Unione Corse, and a massive heroin-smuggling operation based in Turkey.

Their debut is in Thunderball. At the time of writing the novel (1959) Fleming believed that the Cold War might end during the two years it would take to produce the film, which would leave it looking dated; he therefore thought it better to create a politically neutral enemy for Bond.

Fleming's SPECTRE has elements inspired by mafia syndicates and organised crime rings that were actively hunted by law enforcement in the 1950s. The strict codes of loyalty and silence, and the hard retributions that followed violations, were hallmarks of U.S. gangster rings, Mafia, the Unione Corse, the Chinese Tongs/Triads and the Japanese Yakuza/Black Dragon Society.
    "

While I love the SPECTRE from the Fleming's novel "Thunderball", I do think that SPECTRE in "SPECTRE" will be more like QUANTUM. And will also be much bigger than the original SPECTRE. On top of that, I think it will have operatives embedded in political/governmental institutions. With one big difference compared to QUANTUM:

--> It will refer to the failures of SPECTRE's predecessor QUANTUM,
    --> It will be way better organized,
    --> It will be headquartered somewhere,
    --> It will execute strict, ruthless, deadly retributions, and
    --> It will be much harder to get for agent James Bond 007 ;-).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.

In any case......I WANNA SEE SPECTRE NOW!!! 8-X

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

55PUS8909C_12-IMS-nl_NL?wid=1250&$jpgsmall$
    philips_8900_series_16.jpg&width=590&height=1000

=P~

In any case......I WANNA SEE SPECTRE NOW!!! 8-X

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

55PUS8909C_12-IMS-nl_NL?wid=1250&$jpgsmall$
    philips_8900_series_16.jpg&width=590&height=1000

=P~

Lucky you :-) :-) :-) My TV, isn't even working :-(
    Get a good soundbar with that TV and you're all set!