SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7 wrote: »
    It's a matter of taste really. And I tend to disagree with it. I do think that posting that cheap portable tv picture in part shows how our tv's have developed.

For me personally, I think it's a wunderful experience with 1000 Hz. Moreover I think the Ultra HD (4K) is not to blaim for that, but the frequency rate is. That makes fast moving images rolling on the screen much smoother.

So if we then suddenly can see all these different details, then it's not a matter of your brain not able to cope with it. Then it's merely a matter of technology finally adjusting to our brains. Similar to real vision.

So I think It's quite bold to let your irritation speak out with descriptions like "soap opera effect". You can also try to get used to it.....and enjoy it. And if you don't like it, shut the features off. Because it's all a matter of taste.....and a matter of getting used to it.

You're the only person I've ever known who thinks this is the way to watch a film. Every single person I know with a smart TV switches the motion features off as soon as they set up the TV. Each to their own, but I would highly recommend switching it off. The quality of the image will still be crystal and the film will run as intended.

Oh and for the record, I'd rather watch a Bond on VHS on that TV you posted, than watch any on my own TV with the motion feature enabled.

But then again, you're a stiff arse Brit. Not a progressive Dutchman :-P.

Anyway, I agree with @Darthdimi :-)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Assuming that this photo was taken today, still shooting in London as Léa just posted this on her IG - the Cinema Shop in Covent Garden, London

10852769_605685989531889_36566582_n.jpg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,756
    RC7 wrote: »
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.

In any case......I WANNA SEE SPECTRE NOW!!! 8-X

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

=P~

Lucky you :-) :-) :-) My TV, isn't even working :-(

Do not watch any movie in an "enhanced" Hz!

The Soap Opera Effect. Urgh.

No.

Then never go to cinema.

Please, stop, this so called enhanced Hz is not the way you should see a movie because 1) you should respect the filmmaker and see it the way it was shot.
    2) It's artificial and inconsistent , it's cool for fun but after a while it get's annoying.
    3) 24fps just looks better, never had problems following action, if so then it's the fault of the cinematographer not the frame rate.

If you want a really good viewing experience, the best you can do is a really good1080p OLED tv. Crisp quality and incredibly deep blacks.
  • RC7RC7
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Assuming that this photo was taken today, still shooting in London as Léa just posted this on her IG - the Cinema Shop in Covent Garden, London

I was in there on Friday. If only.
  • leas_mole wrote: »

Oowh yes. Since they returned from Austria, they are filming heavily in Pinewood. So obviously Lea is residing somewhere in London hehe. What a great gal she is though :-P. She must be immensely proud to be a Bond gir. Especially when she made this picture. Even actors can be total geeks :-P.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Interesting that Fleming thought the cold war might end anytime soon. Never heard that one before.

In any case......I WANNA SEE SPECTRE NOW!!! 8-X

I just bought a new LED-tv (Philips, Ultra HD (4K), with Android, curved, 1000 Hz, 48 inch, with ambilight), because I need to have the best Bond movie marathon towards "SPECTRE":

=P~

Lucky you :-) :-) :-) My TV, isn't even working :-(

Do not watch any movie in an "enhanced" Hz!

The Soap Opera Effect. Urgh.

No.

Then never go to cinema.

Please, stop, this so called enhanced Hz is not the way you should see a movie because 1) you should respect the filmmaker and see it the way it was shot.
    2) It's artificial and inconsistent , it's cool for fun but after a while it get's annoying.
    3) 24fps just looks better, never had problems following action, if so then it's the fault of the cinematographer not the frame rate.

If you want a really good viewing experience, the best you can do is a really good1080p OLED tv. Crisp quality and incredibly deep blacks.

"Hz" only refers to the refreshment rate of fast moving images. There's nothing artificial about that. The old tv's that were made out of glass already promoted this improvement in the 1990's. When many glass-tv's changed from 50 to 100 Hz. With the introduction of plasma's and let's in the early 2000's they actually went back to 50 Hz and continued with 100 Hz. Slowly the first 150 and 200 Hz let's were introduced around 2005.

Now we are 10 years further. 200 Hz is a standard on small tv's. But really, if your tv is big....say...huge, minimum 500 Hz is no luxury. Don't forget that with LCD/LED suddenly the tv's could be made way way bigger then with the old glass screens. If you have a 55 inch tv with only 200 Hz, then certain action sequences are simply ugly to look at. You see immensely "blocked" images.

So don't underestimate the brain....and what it can handle. Ultra HD, OLED, LED, this for me isn't as important as the Hz frequency refreshment rate. I wanna see a Bond film as cinematic as possible. Hence why I bought this tv. Call me "weird". But it's my taste ok?

Anyway......I respect if people want to see a Bond film on a 37 cm screen diagonal. But in all honesty, I have some doubts about that if they really prefer that...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @DarthDimi has asked that this thread remain on topic but it's falling on deaf ears. This is Spectre Production Timeline only. If you want to discuss TVs then open a thread in the General forum. Cheers chaps.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2015 Posts: 432
    NicNac wrote: »
    @DarthDimi has asked that this thread remain on topic but it's falling on deaf ears. This is Spectre Production Timeline only. If you want to discuss TVs then open a thread in the General forum. Cheers chaps.

Yes. I was thinking the same thing. We got to stay on topic even if the side discussions are interesting. Problem is that we might mislead people entering the thread. Anyways

I suppose nothing is shot on weekends, right? So, where are they tomorrow? Still in Pinewood you think?
  • peopledid you hear that @dominicgreene? Myself included from now on.

I wonder what scenes they are filming in Pinewood now. I'm quite curious what magnificent actinget we can see from Pinewood. Scenes like Silva's introduction. Scenes like M's speech. Does someone know?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    Can I just comment on the fact that whenever we see Craig in a Bond film, we get the fact that he doesn't say a lot and is quite serious, with all the charming Bond traits we know and love. And then you see Craig outside of the films in the conferences and in interviews, with a cheeky side and a cheerfulness, which makes you like him even more cause he does the serious stuff so well :)

daniel-craig.jpg?w=780
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Omega has unveiled it's new Aqua Terra, Bond's new watch, to feature in the upcoming 007 adventure, SPECTRE. One of the nicest watches I've ever seen.

Omega_Aqua-Terra-James-Bond-SPECTRE-Limited-Edition_2.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    More inconveniences in Rome as the Bond locations including the Ponte Sisto bridge have been covered by graffiti.
    http://www.bastacartelloni.it/2015/01/ciak-si-gira-nel-degrado-dal-22.html
    IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1907.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Idiots
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Read the link, what caught my eye - rather than the Bond information - was this:-
    the set of the remake of "Ben Hur" with Morgan Freeman
    Morgan Freeman in Ben Hur?! That's something I'd like to see!
    This time Rome will be location of chases, shootouts and launches into space
    Launches into space?!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Morgan (I'm her for my pay cheque) Freeman, I can't wait!
  • These graffitis, or at least some of them, are months if not years old. Expect movie magic to hide them ? Not many graffitis here on the Paris old bridges, but we have lots of problem with the lovelocks !
    These graffitis, or at least some of them, are months if not years old. Expect movie magic to hide them ? Not many graffitis here on the Paris old bridges, but we have lots of problem with the lovelocks !
    I recently was on vacation in Paris and I was amazed by those locks! The entire bridge is covered with them!
    Can I just comment on the fact that whenever we see Craig in a Bond film, we get the fact that he doesn't say a lot and is quite serious, with all the charming Bond traits we know and love. And then you see Craig outside of the films in the conferences and in interviews, with a cheeky side and a cheerfulness, which makes you like him even more cause he does the serious stuff so well :)

Yes, please do. Its a nice departure from all the swooning over past Bonds. ;)

I hope for Dalton, he reads these boards, so he knows, he came out of it with some fans after all. I bet, he would wish some of that appreciation back then.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Calling that graffiti is an offence to the art, that's called tagging and is the kind of vandalism anyone with a can of spray is able to do. I agree with @Suivez_ce_parachute, some of those are pretty old. Locks in bridges (another modern disgrace) are no longer an exclusive of Paris, they are showing up here in Germany as well. The reasons why someone might find that romantic are beyond my comprehension.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    First photo of the Jaguar C-X75 at Pinewood: http://jbbr.co/1z6tL4A

:)
    Nice!!!!
    Awesome. Thanks for the post @marketto007.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lovely lovely vehicle.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    image.jpg
    Austrian actor, Wilhelm Iben, joins the cast
    http://www.agenturfuerst.at/schauspieler/iben/
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    thanks Zekidk :)>-
    How many more bald headed actors are going to join the cast? ;)
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    JCRendle wrote: »
    How many more bald headed actors are going to join the cast? ;)

not enough apparently :))
  • SPECTRE job interview :

Zekidk wrote: »
    image.jpg

Another bald actor. My hypothesis: another red herring.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    image.jpg

Another bald actor. My hypothesis: another red herring.

I was thinking the same thing, much like the conclusion of Brosnan's "The Thomas Crown Affair" But, instead of Bowler Hats and umbrellas, the're using bald heads. :)