SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sorry if I missed something. Where is that picture from?
  • FYI: The next SPECTRE Photo Call will take place in Rome on Wednesday, 18th February. ;)

Just over two weeks :D
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited February 2015 Posts: 2,540
    Thanks for the date of that Craig-Hat-photo...

And, great Italian news, @marketto007!
  • Wow, the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. brotherhood is turning into one hell of an organization :-P. With following actors and their roles possibly attached to the crime syndicate or rumoured to play someone "villainous":

--> Christoph Waltz (Austrian actor, Franz Oberhauser)
    --> Dave Bautista (American actor, Mr. Hinx)
    --> Monica Belluci (Italian actress, Lucia "Troublemaker" Sciarra) *rumoured*
    --> Jesper Christensen (Danish actor, Mr White)
    --> Andrew Scott (British actor, Denbigh) *rumoured*
    --> Brigitte Millar (British actress. Rosa Klebb? Irma Bunt? Or other iconic henchwoman from the Bond franchise?)
    --> Detlef Bothe (German actor, tailing someone in cable car)
    --> Marc Zinga (French actor, Oberhauser's assistant)
    --> Wilhelm Iben (Austrian actor)
    --> Victor Schefé (German actor)
    --> Neve Gachev (Bulgarian actress, Clinic Patron)

And they all have something in common. They are not exactly...the most handsome or pretty human beings on Earth :-P. Except Belluci and Gachev off course!
    Is Waltz in character in this picture?
    Oh darnit that's Christensen!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    jake24 wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed something. Where is that picture from?
    From the article. Taken back in Denmark. So no bike in SP!
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Source, if I may ask?

Official sources, don't worry. :)
    Did they say where?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Did they say where?

Not yet.

Christoph Waltz introduces new cast members, believed to be SPECTRE minions:-
    tumblr_nj7nrcnQmK1rv0z1no1_540.jpg
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Guys, I just did some research. The shooting inside and outside (ski slopes) Kartitsch actually started yesterday by the 2nd unit! I just read this article: http://www.tt.com/kultur/9557574-91/james-bond-fliegt-jetzt-auch-auf-kartitsch.csp

As a matter of fact, the mayor of the little village of Kartitsch was already contacted back in December for shooting scenes on the slopes of Kartitisch. THIS is very important, as I have found a very important link within the entire Austria action sequence.

For more information about the shooting, including how the chase fits in with the complete Austrian action sequence, have a look here (I don't want to get problems again in here by posting spoilers between spoiler tags): http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10419/spectre-shooting-schedule-may-contain-spoilers#latest
    I think people will love to read that "snow" is uttermost vital in Kartitsch ;-). And if anyone has pictures of the shoot. Please post in here :-D!

In case you wonder how the view looks like from the slopes onto the village....here is a picture of Kartitsch:
    csm_skigebiet_kartitsch_ec92c44bb9.jpg
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Didn't they also shoot the snowplane nosedive in Kartitsch? Anyways.... here's from today:
    B88bN6mIAAAKNKJ.jpg

Something is going on:

B88bN6YIIAUvsk4.jpg
    B88bN6gIcAIhm-7.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Didn't they also shoot the snowplane nosedive in Kartitsch? Anyways.... here's from today:
    B88bN6mIAAAKNKJ.jpg
    Do you have a link/source for the picture?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    No, the snow dive scene was filmed last week in Obertilliach, January 29th and 30th, 2nd unit only. The snow conditions were better then. That's what our MI6-homepage and http://www.tt.com/kultur/9557574-91/james-bond-fliegt-jetzt-auch-auf-kartitsch.csp are saying

Also have a look at the full shooting schedule thus far:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10419/spectre-shooting-schedule-update-03-02-2015-may-contain-spoilers#latest

Kartitsch is where 2nd unit will be filming until tomorrow. Main unit right now is still filming heavily inside the Pinewood studios. Most likely scenes that refer in the film to interiors in Austria. But we never know exactly....

By the way, I'm quite happy there's not much information leaking out from the Pinewood studios :-P. No video blogs. Just one clapper picture per month. Just very low key. I like that!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Do you have a link/source for the picture?

From "Coleccion 007 James Bond Mexico":

10873526_794563953957369_6193646780907319561_o.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow! Nice location.
    More trouble in Rome:

"The latest 007 adventure, Spectre, is to be shot in the Italian capital – but campaigners are saying the city is currently too dirty and dilapidated for filming."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/03/rome-shaken-and-stirred-into-cleanup-job-for-james-bond-shoot/page/1/

• Zekidk wrote: »
    More trouble in Rome:

"The latest 007 adventure, Spectre, is to be shot in the Italian capital – but campaigners are saying the city is currently too dirty and dilapidated for filming."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/03/rome-shaken-and-stirred-into-cleanup-job-for-james-bond-shoot/page/1/

Old news. This will be cleaned entirely by a massive cleaning operation, partially supported by EON Productions. So I don't call this a "problem".
    Well, excuse me! The article was written yesterday.
    Why do they want to clean Rome at all? Why not just show the city as it really is?
    Why do they want to clean Rome at all? Why not just show the city as it really is?
    There are calls by Italian residence that want SPECTRE to show Rome as it is, in all it's rundown and Graffitied beauty.
  • RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »
    There are calls by Italian residence that want SPECTRE to show Rome as it is, in all it's rundown and Graffitied beauty.

I agree with them. One of the things about London in SF is that they didn't really capture the genuine feel of the place. It was beautiful, but a little 'picture postcard'. It would be nice to see Rome as it is.
  • RC7 wrote: »

I agree with them. One of the things about London in SF is that they didn't really capture the genuine feel of the place. It was beautiful, but a little 'picture postcard'. It would be nice to see Rome as it is.

I actually disagree. Of course SF did not show the outskirts of London as Bond's world is thoroughly within Whitehall. However, the thing i really admire about the film is how it avoided showing the same boring old shots of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, red buses, etc. It used London honestly opposed to showboating the location. In the film London is mostly an overcast, slightly grey and drab looking place with Bond spending most of the film in worn-out and dusty buildings around the city.

Personally, I hope Rome is displayed as a romantic and exotic location. I don't want the filmmakers to really dilute the city to its cliches but I do hope they portray it as mysterious, opulent and expensive
    RC7 wrote: »

One thing I loved about SF is not capturing London as it is. Okay maybe I need to make peace with the city, that said I don't mind when a Bond movie shows a place more glamorous than in reality.
    "Having the latest Bond film come into town is always an opportunity to showcase what your community has to offer to potential cash-heavy tourists. It certainly would be pretty awkward to see Daniel Craig’s 007 chasing bad guys through the streets of Rome while kicking away piles of refuse, running past an array of stupid wall tags that would unfortunately be immortalized in celluloid for all the ages to see. That is just not classy and it’s unbecoming of the backdrop in which James Bond dispatches exotic assassins with extreme Walther PPK-powered prejudice."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Rome-Might-Look-Like-Disgusting-Hellhole-James-Bond-SPECTRE-69560.html

I agree with them.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Whatever ends up happening with this, I cannot wait to see what happened on the behind the scenes feature when SPECTRE comes out on DVD/Bluray.
  • RC7 wrote: »

Sorry, I tend to disagree. First of all there was a lot of criticism about "Skyfall" showing of the locale in a way to dreary, realistic way, whereas many fans wanted more exotic, colorful and very Bond-esque locations.

Now this is not OK, because the London locations where too beautiful? I disagree. London was London in all its aspects. It was rainy, dreary and grey.

Moreover, the notion "show the city as it really is" is a bit too simplistic. There's a screenplay foremost, where the locations need to be discussed, where the locations and the weather could actually be part of the plot. So when someone thinks about Rome, one thinks about a sunny, warm, romantic place.... And that's how most likely the choice was made to include Rome in the plot.

Similar with filming in Austria. You just don't say to the mayor of Obertilliach "we want to show the city how it is now", so that no fake snow will be used, so that you can see all the moss. Well, how...."Austrian" does that feel :-).

Lastly, I think it's perfectly normal to clean a city before filming starts. It's a necessity really, to make sure every spot in Rome is clear of terrorist stuff...now with the IS threat.
    Similar with filming in Austria. You just don't say to the mayor of Obertilliach "we want to show the city how it is now", so that no fake snow will be used, so that you can see all the moss. Well, how...."Austrian" does that feel :-)
    maria_hills_guitar_children_singing_lessons_music.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote: »

I actually disagree. Of course SF did not show the outskirts of London as Bond's world is thoroughly within Whitehall. However, the thing i really admire about the film is how it avoided showing the same boring old shots of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, red buses, etc. It used London honestly opposed to showboating the location. In the film London is mostly an overcast, slightly grey and drab looking place with Bond spending most of the film in worn-out and dusty buildings around the city.

Well really his world should be more Vauxhall and Chelsea and as MI6 moved, it might have been nice to have them situated somewhere more visually interesting than the trendy Smithfield's market. Even the drive over Waterloo bridge has the Eye in the background. It does tick a lot of boxes, without really showing the dirty underbelly of London, which it could have easily done. Even when Bond retrieves the DB5 it doesn't capture the feel of Deptford and the drive through New Cross with 'M' could be anywhere. It would be nice if they can show a side of Rome that is true to the city as well as the ancient and beautiful.
    Similar with filming in Austria. You just don't say to the mayor of Obertilliach "we want to show the city how it is now", so that no fake snow will be used, so that you can see all the moss. Well, how...."Austrian" does that feel :-)

Locations don't have to be cliches, it just takes a little imagination.