The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Suddenly, I want to watch OP again. I mean, even though it sucks.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Watch for the pastry roll!

Same here. @doubleohdad has totally convinced me with his well argued points. Rog is not the living man-God I'd previously thought, but a puff pastry in a wig. ;)
    How can he be a living man-god if he can't fight?
    Getafix wrote: »
    @doubleohdad has totally convinced me with his well argued points. Rog is not the living man-God I'd previously thought, but a puff pastry in a wig. ;)
    Here's a picture of Rog from OP that I really like:
    Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thought you'd like that. ;)
    And here's one of Dan from SF;
    terminator_b_t2.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    You are making me cry now.
    slideshow_std_h_original_9558739720121112-13711-169kges.jpg?1352743221

But Roger isn't crying, I'm sure. Let it never be said the man has no sense of humor. ;)

(Oh, and Sir Rog likes the picture you found, @chrisisall. He said to tell you there is a box of exploding cigars heading your way.)
    He said to tell you there is a box of exploding cigars heading your way.
    Cool. As long as Dan isn't sending a T-800.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Tubby Connery in DAF looked like a drunken sailor who had seen better days about a decade prior. ;)

I don't know why he came back in DAF. Greed most likely. He always complained that Cubby and Harry screwed him financially, and he wasn't paid enough.
    Sean seems to forget he'd have been a nothing without EON.
    Going back to DAF, he's far too overweight, and isn't even playing the same character. One semi decent fight in a lift does not a good Bond film make.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's like he was playing Sean Connery. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Moore certainly has some unique fighting techniques. One of them is holding one hand with the other and hitting with the elbow. Does anyone else ever do that?
    Moore certainly has some unique fighting techniques. One of them is holding one hand with the other and hitting with the elbow. Does anyone else ever do that?

An example please dear @Thunderfinger

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Check the TMWTGG clip posted by doubleohdad. It is a Moore signature, although I can not name the exact scenes where he does it in the other films.
    It does indeed have the 'move' as you described at around the 11 second mark. One of the better Rog fights.
    It also features the camera crew in the mirror at about the same time. Typical of a Guy Hamilton Bond film.
    It's like Hamiltons Bond films are him saying " We've got this great character and stories. But I can make it better."
    After Terence Young made DN and FRWL, Hamilton came along and added over the top fantasy and gadgets. Worst director of the series so far. Oh wait...Tamahori. But then he did only direct one, too Hamiltons four.

• RC7RC7
    I'm starting to think Rog might have shagged @doubleohdad's wife. The misplaced vitriol is more palpable by the day. Either that or Rog once beat the shit out of him and he's been forever emasculated.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Rog might have shagged @doubleohdad's wife. The misplaced vitriol is more palpable by the day. Either that or Rog once beat the shit out of him and he's been forever emasculated.

Are you on first name terms with Rog?
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Yeah. One of the perks of the job.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

Yeah. One of the perks of the job.
    Thats cool!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    OH NO YOU COULD SEE A SET CAMERA IF YOU WERE REALLY LOOKING FOR LIKE HALF A SECOND!

The free-fall sequence in QoS is abysmal. Obvious CGI and if they pulled the parachute that late (they were probably 100 feet from the ground) they'd be flattened like a pancake. BASE jumpers can get away with it (although that distance is pushing it even for them) because their bodies haven't been falling and accelerating for several seconds already. If you're going to take yourself as seriously as the Craig films do you can't get away with things like this as easily.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think the freefall stuff in MR looked far better, because like the croc jump
    In LALD, it was done for real. No CGI.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DrGorner wrote: »
    I think the freefall stuff in MR looked far better, because like the croc jump
    In LALD, it was done for real. No CGI.

Absolutely 100% agree. CGI is not there yet and they should use it more judiciously in the Bond films in particular. Marvel can get away with more because it's a fantastical universe but Bond cannot.

I always come back to the CR crane scene. A work of absolute art and a recent benchmark re: how to do it. The QoS bell tower fight in Siena had CGI and it took me out of the experience

You are making me cry now.

Rog: "I'd like to thank the world for letting me make a mockery out of James bond. For my next trick I will be donning a gorilla suit, then rolling around like a pastry atop a rear projection set. Thank you!"
  • You are making me cry now.

Rog: "I'd like to thank the world for letting me make a mockery out of James bond. For my next trick I will be donning a gorilla suit, then rolling around like a pastry atop a rear projection set. Thank you!"
    Embarrassing!
    I must remember to create a second personna for this site so I can back myself up as well. :))

Yeah, except the stuntman has to sit there and wait for the Moore to do it since he's so slow and painfully awful at fighting, then 'react' like Moore actually had some power behind his 'blow'.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I must remember to create a second personna for this site so I can back myself up as well. :))

Well-spotted.

• Moore certainly has some unique fighting techniques. One of them is holding one hand with the other and hitting with the elbow. Does anyone else ever do that?

Yeah, except the stuntman has to sit there and wait for the Moore to do it since he's so slow and painfully awful at fighting, then 'react' like Moore actually had some power behind his 'blow'.
    I heard that the original scripts had "pow" "zap" and "bosh" captions for Rog's fight scenes to try and make them more cartoonish, like the old Batman episodes but they were rejected because Rog insisted that he was in fact a real actor.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,146

I heard that the original scripts had "pow" "zap" and "bosh" captions for Rog's fight scenes to try and make them more cartoonish, like the old Batman episodes but they were rejected because Rog insisted that he was in fact a real actor.

That certainly would have mede them believable, since the Moore could not fight to save his own life. Love how he slams the head of the guy against the wall THREE times, yet pulls back each time just enough to ruin the effect.

Good one, Rog!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2015 Posts: 15,694
    The Moore punches, especially in his later outings, were absolutly hilarious. Close-up of Moore preparing to throw his punch, cut to wide shot of the stuntman punching with added sound effect from Moore, cut back to Moore making a funny face.